Greece and Turkey
- Price from:
- 1090 EUR /person
- 0090-212 5178116
- 0090-212 5178114
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 9 days
- 8 hours
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 09/21/2007
Highlights of Greece and Turkey
We will meet you in Athens International airport, and transfer you to your hotel, After a breif information, you will have the afternoon free to relax or discover Athens on your own ( Your hotel will be centrally located walking distance to all the main attraction areas
Overnight stay in Athens
After breakfast, around 08:30 am you will be picked up from the hotel
then you will first visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus then we will continue on to Panathinaiko Stadium, ( where the first Olympic Games took in 1896, After that will drive by the Prime's Ministers residence, Ex Royal Palace, (guarded by colourful Evzones) Zappion (Conference and Exhibition Hall), National Garden, Hadrian's Arc, St. Paul's Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown soldier, Schlieman's House (Nomismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Academy, University, National Library, Old Parliament, Constitution Square ,Russian Orthodox Church, ACROPOLIS, (the you will visit Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Parthenon, Erechtheion and Museum of the Acropolis). Around lunch lime we will take you back to your hotel, you will have a free afternoon to Relax and enjoy Athens on your own.
Breakfast provided in the hotel After lunch time aroun 14:00 pm you will be picked up from the hotel and drive along the scenic coastal road which affords a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf, passing through some of Athens most beautiful suburbs (Glyfada,Vouliagmeni, Varkiza) to CAPE SOUNION where you will visit the 5th century B.C. TEMPLE of POSEIDON with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world(on a clear day you can see at least seven islands).The precipice is a sheer 197 foot drop to the sea. Overnight stay in Athens.
After breakfast early in the morning we will transfer you to Rafina ferry port and you will depart from Athens on a 2 hour ferry ride to Mykonos island, after arrival you will have a full free day to explore the Mykonos Island, 23:00 pm Departure from Mykonos island to Samos,
Morning arrival in Samos, and change the ferry to Kusadasi - Arrival in Kusadasi, check in the hotel, Free day to explore Kusadasi & Overnight stay
After breakfast we will take you on a full day tour of Pamukkale and Hiarapolis,
A cotton castle, a hillside of tombs, and an ancient sculpture school....there is never a day in Turkey that you are short of eclectic sites to see!
Sites you'll see today
*Pammukale means cotton castle in Turkish. It is the result of limestone formations built over thousands of years. Warm calcium rich mineral water flowed over the cliffs and as it cooled it deposited the calcium into the formations that are seen today. Pammukale is now a world heritage site.
*Hierapolis was founded as a healing care centre in 190 BC, taking advantage of the mineral
waters in the area. It was one of the most important intellectual, artistic, religious and commercial centres of the Roman Empire. Overnight stay in Kusadasi.
We will visit Turkey's most impressive Roman and Biblical site today, in what may well be one of your most memorable days in Turkey. We will also visit other significant sites of the area.
Sites you'll see today
*Ephesus is one of the best preserved cities from Roman times. At the time St. Paul lived in Ephesus in the 60's AD, it was at it's Roman heyday with a population around 250,000. Ephesus was a great ancient city and much of it has been preserved for you to see. More than any other site, you can walk the streets, stand in the great theatre, wander in the library, see the ancient Roman toilets and baths, and feel that you are walking back into ancient history.
*The House of The Virgin Mary is where it is believed St. Mary came to live with St. John in the last years of her life. . After the tour we will transfer you to Izmir airport and out you on a 1 hour flight back to Istanbul. After arrival we will transfer you to your hotel, Overnight stay in Istanbul.
This will be a full day of exploring the historical sites of Istanbul.
Sites you'll see today
Byzantine Hippodrome-The focal point of the Byzantine Empire during the reign of Constantine. Within it's center you will see the Egyptian Obelisk and Serpentine Column.
Topkapi Palace--the residence and leadership center of the Sultans during the Ottoman Empire. It was built in 1459-1465 shortly after the conquest of Constantinople. You will see the Treasury that includes the Topkapi Dagger, the 86 carat Spoon Maker's Diamond, and the jewel encased bones of St. John the Baptist's skull and arm bone. You also will see the Harem where all the women of the Palace were "kept", and the Pavilion of the Holy Mantle that is home to some of the holiest Muslim relics...including the mantle worn by the Prophet Mohammed and hairs from his beard.
Blue Mosque--World renown for it's architecture and focal point for worshipping Muslims
*Haghia Sophia--1,400 year old supreme church from Byzantium times which houses famous Byzantine Mosaics >Breakfast/Lunch/ provided
After breakfast we will pick you from your hotel for another full day tour in Istanbul
Spice Bazaar (Egyptian Bazaar), Mystical smells of different aromas of various spices. Shops selling fruits, vegetables, flowers, fish etc.,
Bosporus Cruise, thorough the waterway separating the two continents, Europe and Asia, with a possibility to take photographs of marble palaces, ancient wooden villas of Ottoman architecture besides modern residential of luxurious apartments.
Rumeli Fortress : A monument-art built in the narrowest and flowing section of Bosporus, covering 30.000 m2 area. In preparation to the conquest of Istanbul, the castle was built in about four month period which is a considerably short period. In some historical documents it has been stated that 1000 masters and 2000 workers were employed for construction.
Dolmabahce Palace , the last residence for Ottoman Sultans with 365 rooms and 22 saloons. Famous with the great collection of European antiquity, furniture and 4.5 tons chandelier.
Bosporus Bridge , unique chance to step from one continent (Europe) to another (Asia) in 2 minutes.
Camlica Hill , exposing a panoramic view of Istanbul and Bosporus from the best point of view. After the you will return to the your hotel, and you will have the evening free to enjoy the rest of the of the evening, After the tour we will put you on a 1 hour 30 minute flight to Athens
- Inclusions -
- 4 lunches all of the transfers.
- Exclusions -
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Athens
- 1 Day Mykonos - from 186 EUR
- Ancient Corinth & Wine Tasting - from 62 EUR
- Athens Helicopter Sightseeing - from 1750 EUR
- Tour Athens City with Acropolis - from 42 EUR
- Athens Panorama by Night - from 50 EUR
- Saronic Island Cruise - from 94 EUR
- Athens Sightseeing - from 50 EUR
- Athens By Night - from 58 EUR
- One Day Cruise Aegina Poros Hydra - from 93 EUR
- Athens by night City that never sleeps - from 51.5 EUR
- Athens City Tour with Acropolis with and without the new... - from 46.5 EUR
- Greece Gone Wild - 9 days from 2599 USD
- 3 Days Delphi Meteora - 3 days from 332 EUR
- 4 Days Classical Tour & Meteora - 4 days from 490 EUR
- 3 Days Classical Tour - 3 days from 325 EUR
- 4 Day Monday - 4 days from 485 EUR
- 5 Day Monday - 5 days from 590 EUR
- 2 Days Santorini Island - 2 days from 253 EUR
- 2 Days Mykonos Island - 2 days from 253 EUR
- 2 Days Delphi - 2 days from 135 EUR
- 2 Days Argolis - 2 days from 140 EUR
- Glories Of Greece - 11 days from 865 EUR
- Aegean Discovery - 9 days from 1539 USD
- Greece Tours Island Tour Package 8 For 12 Nights And 13 Days - 13 days from 979 EUR
- Greek Islands Vacation 10 Nights 11 Days - 11 days from 699 EUR
- Athens Mykonos Paros Naxos Santorini Rodos Crete 13 Day Tour - 13 days from 1165 EUR
- Guided 4WD Campervan Tours Greece - 14 days from 1090 EUR
- Greece Honeymoon I Package - 11 days from 968 EUR
- Athens & Thessaloniki & Lesbos - 7 days from 765 EUR
- Istanbul & Troya & Pergamum, Ephesus, Pamukkale, Marmaris,... - 14 days from 1265 EUR
- Athens City of Lights - 4 days from 285 EUR
- Highlights Of Greece And Turkey Tour 10 Nights 11 Days - 11 days from 1045 EUR
- Greek Islands Tours 4 5 Nights 6 Days - 6 days from 499 EUR
- Greek Islands Vacation 6 Nights 7 Days - 7 days from 529 EUR
- Dodecanesse Wonder - 15 days from 989 EUR
- Grecian Wonder - 10 days from 851.5 EUR
- Greek Treasure - 8 days from 760 EUR
- Cycladic Caprice - 8 days from 468.5 EUR
- Greek Islands Cruises 1 - 8 days from 588 EUR
- Greek Islands Tours 2 - 11 days from 489 EUR
- Greek Islands Tours 1 - 4 days from 295 EUR
Email the tour operator - Greece and Turkey
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.