Classic Marais Tour
- Price from:
- 29.95 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 hours
- Location Start:
- Hotel de Ville (exact details provided in confirmation email)
- Location Finish:
- Hotel de Ville
- Start time:
- 10.30 am
- End time:
- 02.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 08/05/2008
Explore the most beautifully preserved section of Paris with Aeon Tours, including stops at the Bastille Prison, the Picasso Museum, and the oldest square in Paris.
Experience Old-world charm in modern-day Paris.
The Marais, which takes its name from its literal beginnings as a marsh, has already undergone two renaissances since its beginnings in the 12th century. The first occurred in the 16th century under King Louis XIII and the second - fortunately for us - continues today. While most of the rest of Paris was demolished under Napoleon, the Marais was able to preserve much of its and Medieval and Renaissance-style architecture.
Today, the Marais is able to give us a glimpse into 2 worlds; the Paris of old and the modern, chic Paris of today. Having long been the center of Jewish Parisian life, today the Marais is also home to some of the city's trendiest boutiques, stunningly preserved architecture, art galleries, and hip nightlife.
Nowhere else in Paris can you see such a blending of old and new. Home to such diverse attractions as the Place des Vosges, the oldest, most beautiful square in all of Paris, the Hotel Carnavalet and Picasso Museum, the Marais simply cannot be missed during your visit to Paris.
Your Classic Marais Tour will give you a glimpse into all this, and more. Your takes you to same place the French Revolution was born, the Place de Bastille. It was here, at the historic Bastille prison built in 1370, that the infamous "Man in the Iron Mask" was sentenced to life in prison by Louis XIV.
You'll also get to see other remnants of the French Revolution with a stop at the Colonne de Juillet, a memorial that honors the victims of that fateful July revolution. In contrast to that, your tour also includes a visit to the decidedly more modern Picasso Museum and the Centre Pompidou, the modern art structure that Parisians love to hate. Your visit to the enchanting Marais district winds down with a stop at the Yvon Lambert Gallery, home to some of the world's most cutting edge art, and a stroll down Rue des Rosiers, one of the most delightful and well preserved streets in all of the Marais.
Book your Aeon Classic Marais Tour today!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Paris
- Jewish Tour Jewish Paris - from 200 EUR
- Free Fashion Show Invitation - from 0 EUR
- Your Private Tour of Paris - from 200 EUR
- Paris Essentials Tour - from 29.95 EUR
- Latin Quarter Tour - from 29.95 EUR
- Illuminations Of Paris - from 45 USD
- Paris Best Of Paris - from 278 USD
- Outlet Shopping - from 35 USD
- Wine tasting in Paris - from 35 USD
- Paris Historical Montmartre & Grand Louvre - from 176 USD
- Full Day Paris - from 155 USD
- Paris Day Tour - from 22 EUR
- Fat Tire Bike Tours Paris Night Tour - from 26 EUR
- City Segway Tours Segway Tour - from 70 EUR
- Versailles Orientation - from 80 USD
- Paris Historical Combined With Grand Louvre - from 121 USD
- Montmartre & the Louvre Museum - from 106 USD
- Paris Historic - from 79 USD
- Bal du Moulin Rouge - from 155 USD
- Dinner & Visit of the Chateau de Vaux Le Vicomte by Candlelight - from 197 USD
- Summer In Paris Package - from 1499 USD
- Paris 5 Night Package - from 465 USD
- Paris l - from 35 USD
- Shopping Tour Paris - from 40 EUR
- Cultural Paris - from 599 USD
- Wine Tasting in Paris - from 20 EUR
- Introduction to Paris Private Tour - from 500 EUR
- Versailles Private Tour - from 550 EUR
Email the tour operator - Classic Marais Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.