The Best of Provence
- Price from:
- 95 EUR /person
- +33 (0) 610 567 303
- +33 (0) 970 620 135
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 1 hour
- Location Start:
- Your hotel in Avignon.
- Location Finish:
- Your hotel in Avignon.
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 06.30 pm
- We Speak:
- French, English
Last updated: 01/14/2010
Highlights in Provence in one day-tour aboard a comfortable and air-conditionned minivan up to 8 people. Pont du Gard, Les Baux de Provence, Saint Remy, Gordes, Abbey of Senanque, Lavender Museum
-The Pont du Gard,20 miles from Nimes, also built by Agrippa, is a well-preserved aqueduct that used to carry water across the small Gardon river valley.
-Les Baux-de-Provence is unique among the many attractions in Provence.
Close "Les Baux", We'll take you to Cathedrale d'images (slide show).-This year, Cathedrale d'image's show is a journey with abundant paintings of Van Gogh.
-Saint Remy de Provence.
You can visit the Saint Paul de Mausole monastery, which became an asylum in the 19th century. Van Gogh took refuge here in 1889/18890 just before killing himself.
Or just a stroll in this charming town.
Free Time in Saint Remy de Provence, 1 hour 30 minutes.
Stop in sunflowers fields during the season, if we find it on the way, from 1st of July to july 31th.
-Gordes, the stone homes are built along the hillside and winding around the chateau which crowns the village. Standing on the edge of the plateau of Vaucluse
-Abbey of Senanque, lavender fields of Abbey are blooming from June 15th to July 31th.
-Visit of the Lavender Museum, discover the whole history of lavender with the aid of an audioguide,from July 1 to August 25, you can watch the work of reaping and distillation : reaping with sickles and traditional distillation in a copper still dating from 1900.
Or more time for taking pictures in Lavender fields, or in Gordes, it is up to you.
- Inclusions -
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- -Cathedral d'Images, Visit of Saint Paul de Mausolée and Lavender Museum not included
-Your visit is relax because you have nearly 50 minutes for visiting each place, with an extra in Saint Rémy de Provence, a stop of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Avignon
- Provence Markets - from 55 EUR
- Chocolate Wine and Monuments - from 60 EUR
- The Secret Camargue - from 70 EUR
- Great Vineyards Tour - from 55 EUR
- The Lavender Road - from 55 EUR
- Les Baux de Provence and Luberon - from 65 EUR
- Pont du Gard Uzes and Nimes - from 60 EUR
- Mont Ventoux and Villages - from 390 EUR
- Luberon & Lavender - from 55 EUR
- Roman Monuments Tour - from 90 EUR
- Van Gogh in Provence - from 55 EUR
- Provence Le Grand Tour - from 120 EUR
- Roman Sites & Historical Places - from 70 EUR
- Panoramic Tour of Roussillon & Gordes - from 50 EUR
- Panoramic Tour of Orange & Chateauneuf du Pape - from 60 EUR
- Panoramic Tour of Pont du Gard & les Baux & St Remy - from 60 EUR
- Lavender Tour Morning - from 40 EUR
- Lavender Tour Afternoon - from 60 EUR
- Lavender Tour Full Day - from 90 EUR
- 1 All Provence in One Day - from 100 EUR
- 2 Lavender & Villages in Luberon - from 55 EUR
- 4A The Best of Provence - from 60 EUR
- 4B The Best of Provence - from 80 EUR
- 3 Stone Monuments - from 55 EUR
- Treasures of Provence - from 100 EUR
- Culture and Wine - from 55 EUR
- Chateaux & Domaines - from 65 EUR
- Great Wines & Famous Sites - from 110 EUR
- Open Air Market in Provence - from 390 EUR
- Private tour in Provence - from 390 EUR
- Villages of Luberon - from 90 EUR
- Lavender Tour - from 90 EUR
- Wine Tours in Provence - from 75 EUR
Email the tour operator - The Best of Provence
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.