Summer Baltic Biking with guaranteed departure dates and fixed price
- Price from:
- 995 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- 1 hour
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, English
Last updated: 02/11/2010
Guaranteed tours 2010! The tour is recommended for guests in normal physical condition between 35-65 years. Non-bicyclists welcome! English, German speaking guides are available.
Arrival in Vilnius, optional transfer to Hotel Algirdas*** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour include a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anna’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. In the afternoon we continue to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. We enjoy a 15 km biking tour in the surroundings of Trakai. We continue to Kaunas and take a short stroll in the Old Town with its elegant Old Town Hall and Gothic cathedral. Check in at Hotel Magnus*** or similar.
We get up early to continue the tour in the direction of the Curonian Spit, a 100 km spit of land between the Baltic Sea and the Curonian Lagoon with small fishing villages, pine forests and endless sand dunes. A ferry from Klaipeda takes us to the Spit and we do down the spit to Nida. With it location at the Curonian Lagoon and its combination of old-fashioned fishing village and fashionable sea resort, Nida is one of the most attractive places on the entire Baltic Sea Coast. We visit the High Dunes, Thomas Mann’s summerhouse and get acquainted with the charming resort town. In the late afternoon we enjoy a 30 km biking tour from Nida to Juodkrante before we go back to Klaipeda and check-in at Hotel Reval Inn Klaipeda*** or similar.
Klaipeda first became a part of Lithuania in 1923 and has a long history as a German town called Memel. The sightseeing tour takes us to the Old Town with it narrow cobblestone streets and old guild houses and we visit the Theatre Square and the Aennchen von Tharau Fountain. We now enjoy a 30 km biking tour to Palanga, where we make a sightseeing tour and visit the Amber Museum in the former Tiskevicius Palace in the Botanical Gardens before we continue into Latvia and arrive in Liepaja. Check-in at Hotel Europa City Amrita**** or similar.
Liepaja takes its name from the numerous lime trees in the city and we start the day with a short stroll in the Old Town with its Trinity Church. Afterwards we drive through the former Duchy of Courland to Kemeri, where we enjoy a 25 km biking tour through the Kemeri National Park, The balance of the day is spent for visiting Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. We reach Riga early in the late afternoon. Check-in at Hotel Europa City Riga *** or similar.
Riga founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert is the largest of the 3 Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument. In the afternoon we continue to Saulkrasti and do a 30 km biking tour to Sigulda, a popular holiday resort. We see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and the ruins of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword. We continue to Cesis and check-in at Hotel Kolonna Cesis*** or similar.
Cesis is a Hanseatic city with winding streets, castle ruins and beautiful gardens. During the morning tour we see the ruins of the Castle of the Livonian Order and St. John’s Church. We head to Estonia and the Hanja Nature Park where we do a 30 km biking tour through the national park and around the Munamagi Hill, the biggest hill in the Baltic countries at just 300 m. We continue on to Tartu. Check-in at Hotel Dorpat *** or similar.
Tartu is the university town, where Estonia gained its statehood. During the morning tour we see the charming Old Town and the University founded in 1632. After the tour we head for Lake Peipus and in the middle of the day we enjoy a 40 km biking tour from Kolka via Kallaste to Raja along the lake. The balance of the day is spent on a drive to the Lahemaa National Park. Check-in at Hotel Vihula Manor**** or similar.
The day starts with a 45 km biking tour through the Lahemaa National Park from Vihula via Sagadi and Palmse to Kasmu and the Kasmu Peninsula and afterwards we continue to Tallinn. Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy
place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, out-doors cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, the Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the Medieval Old Town Hall. Check in at Hotel Unique Mihkli *** or similar.
Optional transfer to the airport.
- Inclusions -
- as per program
- Exclusions -
- as per program
- Extras -
- Baltic Biking: Vilnius - Trakai - Kaunas - Klaipeda - Liepaja - Riga - Sigulda - Cesis - Tartu - Laahemaa - Tallinn OR UPSIDE DOWN
Guaranteed tours available: July-August 2010, 10 days / 9 nights.
Tours are offered in 2 languages: English, German.
Bikes are new modern Estonian produced tour bikes, model comfort and cruiser, 3-6 speeds, hand or foot brakes, equipped with bike bags, luggage boots, mud fl aps, refl ectors, bells and helmet.
Child seat available upon request.
Max 21 persons in the groups.
The tours are recommended for guests in normal physical condition between 35-65 years.
For more information and tour reservation please contact us.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Tallinn
- Rally Maniak - from 80 EUR
- Buggies Maniak - from 80 EUR
- Curling Challenge - from 30 EUR
- Half Day Tour Of Tallinn - from 5 EUR
- Half Day Tour To Open Air Museum - from 20 EUR
- Full Day Tour To Saaremaa - from 25 EUR
- Lahemaa National Park tour - from 25 EUR
- VIP Casino Night In Tallinn - from 50 EUR
- Sauna Party - from 55 EUR
- Bowling Challenge in Tallinn - from 50 EUR
- Soviet Prison Experience in Tallinn - from 50 EUR
- Karting Outdoor in Tallinn - from 40 EUR
- Paintball in Tallinn - from 40 EUR
- Clay Pigeon in Tallinn - from 50 EUR
- Lada Rally in Tallinn - from 85 EUR
- Old Russian Banquet in Tallinn - from 60 EUR
- Medieval Feast in Tallinn - from 45 EUR
- Beer Tasting in Tallinn - from 40 EUR
- Limousine Tour in Tallinn - from 30 EUR
- Pub Crawl in Tallinn - from 25 EUR
- High Ropes Adventure in Tallinn - from 40 EUR
- Off Road Orientation Game in Tallinn - from 75 EUR
- Heavy Guns Shooting in Tallinn - from 130 EUR
- Delightful Moments in Tallinn - from 95 EUR
- Hovercraft Activity in Tallinn - from 50 EUR
- VIP Classy Night Out In Tallinn - from 70 EUR
- Sport Tour in Tallinn - from 230 EUR
- Big Gun Shooting - from 73 EUR
- Karting in Tallinn - from 62 EUR
- Clay Pigeon Shooting - from 85 EUR
- Monster - from 88 EUR
- Paintball in Tallinn - from 47 EUR
- Canoe Expedition to Laheema - from 124 EUR
- Golf in Tallinn - from 114 EUR
- Tallinn Sightseeing - from 26 EUR
- Water Relaxation Spa - from 62 EUR
- Curling in Tallinn - from 42 EUR
- Fishing Ice and Summer - from 31 EUR
- Classical Estonia tour 7 days - 7 days from 100 EUR
- Estonian Manors and Resorts tour with guaranteed departures... - 8 days from 695 EUR
- Baltic Adventure tour with guaranteed departure tours and... - 15 days from 1095 EUR
- Individual Baltic tour - 6 days from 100 EUR
- Lithuania & Latvia & Estonia 8 days - 8 days from 660 EUR
- Tallinn City Break - 5 days from 320 EUR
- VIP Golf package in Tallinn - 3 days from 360 EUR
- True Colors of the Baltics - 9 days from 2635 USD
Email the tour operator - Summer Baltic Biking with guaranteed departure dates and fixed price
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.