Estonian Manors and Resorts tour with guaranteed departures and fixed price
- Price from:
- 695 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- 1 hour
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, English, Italian, Spanish
Last updated: 02/11/2010
Guaranteed tours 2010! There was over 1000 manors in Estonia. Many of them have survived over time and carry the memory of the past. English, German, Italian, Spanish speaking guides are available.
(Friday): arrival Tallinn
Arrival in Tallinn, optional transfer to Hotel von Stackelberg Tallinn****, which is located in the restored city estate of Baron Theophil von Stackelberg, check-in, welcome meeting.
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. During the morning walking tour of the Old Town we see Toompea Castle, the Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the medieval Old Town Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park with a visit to the Kadriorg Palace and its art collections.
After breakfast we leave Tallinn for Haapsalu, a coastal city with a turbulent history dating back to 1291 and a favourite retreat of the Russian czars in the 19th century. We take a stroll through the city centre and visit the ruins of the castle before we continue to Virtsu, where we embark on the ferry to Kuivastu on Muhu Island and from here it is only an hour’s drive to Kuressaare and Hotel Grand Rose****,check-in. The late afternoon is reserved using the exquisite spa facilities at the hotel.
Saaremaa is the biggest Island in Estonia and during the optional full-day tour we explore all its secrets. We start with a tour of Kuressaare, the largest town on the island, where many conquerors have left a worthy heritage of Baroque, Gothic and Classicist architecture. We stroll though the town and visit the Episcopal Castle, the best preserved medieval fortress in Estonia. After a lunch break we visit the windmills in Angla, the St. Catherine’s Church in Karja and Kali Craters before we return to Kuressaare.
The ferry brings us back to the mainland and we head south for Parnu, the prime summer resort in Estonia. We do a tour of the resort and a leisurely stroll along the beach. After lunch break we head north for Rakvere, a peaceful provincial town still benefiting from its Hanseatic legacy. We stop to see Rakvere Castle and after that a short drive brings us to the Lahemaa National Park and to Vihula Manor, a charming 16th century large manor complex, which has been painstakingly restored to a comfortable hotel and leisure resort. Check in at Hotel Vihula Manor****.
The Lahemaa National Park has been a protected park since the 1970s and offers a blend of unspoiled flora and fauna, untouched rivers and lakes, small quaint villages and costal towns, sandy beaches and old manor houses. During an optional full-day trip we visit the ethnographical village in Altja, the harbour in Vergi and the costal towns of Vosu and Kasmu. The highlight of the trip is the visit to the Palmse Manor, a memorial to the von Prahlen family. On the way back to Vihula we also visit the Sagadi Manor, a 17th century restored manor with a beautiful manor house and delightful parks.
The day is reserved for leisure and individual activities. Vihula Manor is beautifully set along the Mustoja River forming a pond around which the historical manor buildings are located. Explore the beautiful parks of Vihula Manor, embark on a hiking tour in the vast forested area surrounding the
manor, enjoy a picnic in the unspoiled nature, discover more about Lahemaa National Park on a bike, visit the sandy beaches and take a vigorous swim the Baltic Sea or use the eco-spa facilities. The tour is concluded with a fine dinner at the stylish Restaurant La Boheme in the main manor house.
(Friday): Lahemaa departure
Optional transfer to the airport.
- Inclusions -
- as per program
- Exclusions -
- as per program
- Extras -
- Estonian Manors and Resorts: Tallinn - Saaremaa - Lahemaa.
Guaranteed tours available: July-August 2010, 8 days / 7 nights:
Tours are offered in 4 languages: English, German, Spanish and Italian.
Please contact us for more information.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Tallinn
- Rally Maniak - from 80 EUR
- Buggies Maniak - from 80 EUR
- Curling Challenge - from 30 EUR
- Half Day Tour Of Tallinn - from 5 EUR
- Half Day Tour To Open Air Museum - from 20 EUR
- Full Day Tour To Saaremaa - from 25 EUR
- Lahemaa National Park tour - from 25 EUR
- VIP Casino Night In Tallinn - from 50 EUR
- Sauna Party - from 55 EUR
- Bowling Challenge in Tallinn - from 50 EUR
- Soviet Prison Experience in Tallinn - from 50 EUR
- Karting Outdoor in Tallinn - from 40 EUR
- Paintball in Tallinn - from 40 EUR
- Clay Pigeon in Tallinn - from 50 EUR
- Lada Rally in Tallinn - from 85 EUR
- Old Russian Banquet in Tallinn - from 60 EUR
- Medieval Feast in Tallinn - from 45 EUR
- Beer Tasting in Tallinn - from 40 EUR
- Limousine Tour in Tallinn - from 30 EUR
- Pub Crawl in Tallinn - from 25 EUR
- High Ropes Adventure in Tallinn - from 40 EUR
- Off Road Orientation Game in Tallinn - from 75 EUR
- Heavy Guns Shooting in Tallinn - from 130 EUR
- Delightful Moments in Tallinn - from 95 EUR
- Hovercraft Activity in Tallinn - from 50 EUR
- VIP Classy Night Out In Tallinn - from 70 EUR
- Sport Tour in Tallinn - from 230 EUR
- Big Gun Shooting - from 73 EUR
- Karting in Tallinn - from 62 EUR
- Clay Pigeon Shooting - from 85 EUR
- Monster - from 88 EUR
- Paintball in Tallinn - from 47 EUR
- Canoe Expedition to Laheema - from 124 EUR
- Golf in Tallinn - from 114 EUR
- Tallinn Sightseeing - from 26 EUR
- Water Relaxation Spa - from 62 EUR
- Curling in Tallinn - from 42 EUR
- Fishing Ice and Summer - from 31 EUR
- Classical Estonia tour 7 days - 7 days from 100 EUR
- Summer Baltic Biking with guaranteed departure dates and... - 10 days from 995 EUR
- Baltic Adventure tour with guaranteed departure tours and... - 15 days from 1095 EUR
- Individual Baltic tour - 6 days from 100 EUR
- Lithuania & Latvia & Estonia 8 days - 8 days from 660 EUR
- Tallinn City Break - 5 days from 320 EUR
- VIP Golf package in Tallinn - 3 days from 360 EUR
- True Colors of the Baltics - 9 days from 2635 USD
Email the tour operator - Estonian Manors and Resorts tour with guaranteed departures and fixed price
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.