Baltic Adventure tour with guaranteed departure tours and fixed price
- Price from:
- 1095 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 15 days
- 1 hour
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- French, German, English
Last updated: 02/11/2010
Guaranteed tours 2010! Baltic Adventure tour is a combination of more relaxed (16 days) travel trough Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania. English, German, French speaking guides are available.
Optional transfer to the airport.
After breakfast we drive to the Lahemaa National Park, where we visit the Manor Houses in Palmse and Vihula. We continue to Tartu, the university town, where Estonia gained its statehood. We see the charming Old Town and the University founded in 1632. From Tartu we drive onwards into Latvia and Cesis, a Hanseatic city with winding streets, castle ruins and beautiful gardens. Check-in at Hotel Kolonna Cesis*** or similar.
Today we drive through the Gauja National Park to Sigulda, a popular holiday resort. We see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and the ruins of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we drive around Riga to hit the highway down to Vilnius. En route we reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through Lithuania to reach Vilnius late afternoon. Check in at Hotel Reval Lietuva**** or similar.
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anna’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. After the tour we continue to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania and we visit the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. The balance of the day is spent en route to Klaipeda, where we arrive late afternoon. Check-in at Hotel Radisson SAS Klaipeda**** or similar.
Today we continue to the Curonian Spit, a thin, 100 km stretch of land between the Baltic Sea and the Curonian Lagoon with small fishing villages, pine forests and endless sand dunes. The first stop is at the Hill of Witches in Juodkrante. After that we continue to Nida where we visit the High Dunes, Thomas Mann’s Summer House and get acquainted with the charming resort town. Check-in at Hotel Nidos Smilte***.
With its location at the Curonian Lagoon and its combination of old-fashioned fishing village and fashionable sea resort Nida is one of the most attractive places on the entire Baltic Sea Coast You will be spending a whole week on your own in this small paradise and there is enough to do: biking on the spit, hiking in the dunes, boating in the lagoon, swimming in the sea, sun bathing on the sandy beach, playing tennis in the sun, lunching on smoked fish, attending the many summer concerts and enjoying life in full scale.
The last day in paradise. You still have the whole day to enjoy Nida, take a last swim in the Baltic Sea, make the last stroll through the fishermen’s village, enjoy a last breathtaking view of the Curonian Lagoon, do you last bargains in the amber and souvenir stalls in the pedestrian centre of the resort and shoot your last holiday photos from the Curonian Spit. Late in the afternoon we board the coach which brings us up the spit and back to Klaipeda. Check-in at Hotel Radisson SAS Klaipeda**** or similar. The evening offers an optional Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant Anikes.
Klaipeda first became a part of Lithuania in 1923 and had a long history as a German town called Memel. A short sightseeing tour takes us to the Old Town with its narrow, cobblestone streets and old guild houses and we visit the Theatre Square and the Aennchen von Tharau Fountain. We now continue to the Samogitia National Park, where we enjoy a walking tour around the picturesque Lake Plateliai (2 hours, medium). After that we continue to Siauliai and Cross Hills, one of the holiest sites of Catholic Lithuania. We head North into Latvia and reach Riga in the afternoon. Check-in at Reval Hotel Latvija**** or similar. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
Riga founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert is the largest of the 3 Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant La Boheme.
- Inclusions -
- as per program
- Exclusions -
- as per program
- Extras -
- Baltic Adventure
Tallinn - Cesis - Vilnius - Klaipeda - Nida - Klaipeda - Riga - Tallinn*
*2010 season new: Departures from Riga and Vilnius.
Guaranteed tours are available: July-August 2010, 16 days/15 nights
Dates (from Tallinn):
Dates (from Riga):
The tour has 1 night less in Tallinn and 1 night more in Riga.
Dates (from Vilnius):
The tour has 1 night less in Tallinn and 1 night more in Vilnius.
Tours are offered in 2 languages: English, German, French.
For more information and tour reservation please contact us.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Tallinn
- Rally Maniak - from 80 EUR
- Buggies Maniak - from 80 EUR
- Curling Challenge - from 30 EUR
- Half Day Tour Of Tallinn - from 5 EUR
- Half Day Tour To Open Air Museum - from 20 EUR
- Full Day Tour To Saaremaa - from 25 EUR
- Lahemaa National Park tour - from 25 EUR
- VIP Casino Night In Tallinn - from 50 EUR
- Sauna Party - from 55 EUR
- Bowling Challenge in Tallinn - from 50 EUR
- Soviet Prison Experience in Tallinn - from 50 EUR
- Karting Outdoor in Tallinn - from 40 EUR
- Paintball in Tallinn - from 40 EUR
- Clay Pigeon in Tallinn - from 50 EUR
- Lada Rally in Tallinn - from 85 EUR
- Old Russian Banquet in Tallinn - from 60 EUR
- Medieval Feast in Tallinn - from 45 EUR
- Beer Tasting in Tallinn - from 40 EUR
- Limousine Tour in Tallinn - from 30 EUR
- Pub Crawl in Tallinn - from 25 EUR
- High Ropes Adventure in Tallinn - from 40 EUR
- Off Road Orientation Game in Tallinn - from 75 EUR
- Heavy Guns Shooting in Tallinn - from 130 EUR
- Delightful Moments in Tallinn - from 95 EUR
- Hovercraft Activity in Tallinn - from 50 EUR
- VIP Classy Night Out In Tallinn - from 70 EUR
- Sport Tour in Tallinn - from 230 EUR
- Big Gun Shooting - from 73 EUR
- Karting in Tallinn - from 62 EUR
- Clay Pigeon Shooting - from 85 EUR
- Monster - from 88 EUR
- Paintball in Tallinn - from 47 EUR
- Canoe Expedition to Laheema - from 124 EUR
- Golf in Tallinn - from 114 EUR
- Tallinn Sightseeing - from 26 EUR
- Water Relaxation Spa - from 62 EUR
- Curling in Tallinn - from 42 EUR
- Fishing Ice and Summer - from 31 EUR
- Classical Estonia tour 7 days - 7 days from 100 EUR
- Summer Baltic Biking with guaranteed departure dates and... - 10 days from 995 EUR
- Estonian Manors and Resorts tour with guaranteed departures... - 8 days from 695 EUR
- Individual Baltic tour - 6 days from 100 EUR
- Lithuania & Latvia & Estonia 8 days - 8 days from 660 EUR
- Tallinn City Break - 5 days from 320 EUR
- VIP Golf package in Tallinn - 3 days from 360 EUR
- True Colors of the Baltics - 9 days from 2635 USD
Email the tour operator - Baltic Adventure tour with guaranteed departure tours and fixed price
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.