Boat And Mountain Bike Tour
- Price from:
- 870 EUR /person
- +39 051 5880585
- +39 051 5880316
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, Spanish, French, English
Last updated: 06/12/2009
A journey through flowering meadows, small villages, lavender fields and hidden bays. And thatâs not all. Imagine that you can cross centuries of history and mythology, returning to the sites of Ulyss
Trogir, Split and Omis - (Bike tour, ca 20 km)
Meeting at Trogir (transfer from the Split/Trogir Airport or from the port of Split, upon request). Boarding: immediately after check-in at 13:00, we begin our cruise. Sail from Trogir towards Split. Trip in mountain bike on Marjan hill, a green peninsula reaching into the sea that is famous for relaxation and sports. After dinner, a walk through Split's historical center, where we will find the famous Palace of Diocletian. Overnight stay at Omis.
Cetina Canyon - (Bike tour, ca 43 km)
Morning trip in mountain bike along the valley of the Cetina River. Return to Omis, ancient pirates' fort, and visit to the fortress. Guests can choose to go rafting (an easy activity, lasting 2 hours) in the river. In the afternoon, navigation from Omis to Brac with stops along the beaches. Guests can choose to take a bike ride on the island of Brac.
Island of Brac - (Bike tour, ca 25 + 25 km)
The route begins at Povlja, with a long ascent towards the crest of the mountain, crossing groves of olive, fig and kiwi trees, along with vineyards. Descent towards Bol where we will find Zlatni Rat, Croatia most famous beach. Lunch and transfer to Korcula, the birthplace of Marco Polo.
Peninsula of Peljesac and Island of Mljet - (Bike tour ca 45 + 20 km)
Quick sail towards Peljesac, a long narrow peninsula famous for its vineyards (production of Dignac and Plavac), located in front of Korcula and representing an ideal continuation. The journey in mountain bike begins with a climb that crosses farmland and vineyards, ending in Trstenik. While lunch is served on board, we will navigate towards green Mljet Island, a National Park known as the "island of honey" In the 12th century, Benedectine monks chose to build a monastery here to appreciate the quiet and the numerous pine and oak forests. This island, where Ulysses supposedly spent 7 years, is also noted for the quality of its pine wood, known as the best in the Mediterranean.
Island of Korcula - (Bike Tour, ca 67 km)
Transfer to the island of Korcula, one of Dalmatia's most beautiful vacation spots, boasting plentiful gardens, forests of Mediterranean vegetation and hidden bays. The mountain bike route follows paved and dirt roads towards Brna, in the south-west of the island. From here, we continue towards Blato, a village situated on seven hills, and we reach Vela Luka. Overnight stay at Vela Luka.
Island of Hvar - (Bike tour, ca 20 + 25 km)
Navigation from Vela Luka to Hvar. Visit to the city of Hvar to see the beautiful Renaissance square, the cathedral, the numerous gothic mansions and the fortress, which enjoys an extraordinary panorama of the sea and the Pakleni islands. The mountain bike tour continues, passing through small stone villages, flowering meadows and lavender fields. Overnight at Stari Grad, a serene town which for some time has been an artists' hideaway.
Island of Solta - (Bike tour, ca 19 km)
Navigation from Hvar to Stomorska, on the island of Solta, with plentiful olive groves and fig trees, perfumed by lavender and rosemary. Continue by mountain bike as far as Maslinica. Re-enter boat for return to Trogir. For those who wish to do so, visit to the historical city of Trogir, UNESCO Heritage site.
Breakfast and departure.
- Inclusions -
- Tour of 8 days (7 nights) in motor boat with a 4-person crew, accommodation in double cabin with private bathroom for 7 nights, full board on the boat, English-speaking guide for the entire duration of the tour, 7 bike tours as described in the itinerary, sheets and towels, entrance to National parks, map of tours.
- Exclusions -
- Residence tax, beverages, and everything which is not expressly included in the above clause âthe price includesâ.
- Extras -
- This is an approximate itinerary which may be modified in case of adverse weather conditions, the advice of the guide or for organizational purposes.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Trogir
Email the tour operator - Boat And Mountain Bike Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.