Korcula to Dubrovnik Kayak Expedition
- Price from:
- 885 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 10.00 am
- We Speak:
- English, French
Last updated: 04/28/2009
The Adriatic Sea is at the center of Dalmatias identity. An excellent way to discover maritime culture of the Adriatic Sea is on a week-long sea-kayak expedition with traditional support boats.
10am - Meet in Dubrovnik.
Proceed to Korèula Town via van and short ferry ride.
Korèula Town is famous as the reputed birthplace of the original travelogue writer, Marco Polo, and it was in a sea-battle between the Venetians, who controlled Dalmatia at the time, and the Genovese in 1298, off the coast of Korèula, that he was captured and taken as a POW to Genoa, where his memoirs were transcribed.
3pm - Arrive Korcula.
Dinner and accommodation in Korcula.
9am - After breakfast, begin kayaking.
11am - Arrive Lumbarda. Swim and prepare lunch.
2pm - Visit Cebalo's Winery.
White wine is the preferred drop on Korèula, with two excellent varieties being produced. Grk is grown in the fields surrounding the town of Lumbarda and Posip in the valleys of Smokvica and Èara.
5pm - Short paddle to bay in which to anchor for the night.
Total paddling- 10 kms
9am - Paddle to Trstenik, on the Peljesac Peninsula via Podobuèe.
The sharp hills and rugged coast of the Peljesac Peninsula are only a short paddle across the Peljeski Channel from Korèula Town.
6pm - Visit Bartuloviæ Winery for dinner (van transfer).
Dingaè, a region midway along the Peninsula, arguably produces Croatia's best wine. The vineyards dramatically plunge down at 70 degrees straight into the water. These steep, southern-facing fields provide the Plavac grapes with maximum exposure to the already scorching summer sun, producing a very rich, complex, full bodied wine. The winery of Napa Valley expatriate, Mike Grgiæ, is found in the town of Trstenik.
Total paddling- 19.5 kms
8am - The best breakfast in Dalmatia with Seka.
9am - Paddle to Polace on Mljet Island.
The remote and wild Mljet Island, containing one of Croatia's most beautiful national parks, is rumored to have been Odysseus' oasis prison for 7 years. The afternoon will be spent walking around Malo Jezero and Veliko Jezero, the lakes at the northern end of the island.
2pm - Walk to lake, monastery and Roman ruins.
Total paddling- 18 kms
9am - Paddle to Prapratno, again on the Peljesac Peninsula.
5pm - Dinner in Mali Ston (van transfer).
The twins towns of Ston and Mali Ston are renown for three things - ancient salt fields, oyster beds and medieval walls. The walls are purported to be the 3rd longest in the world after the Great Wall of China and Hadrian's Wall.
Total paddling- 28 kms
9am - Paddle to Lopud Island.
Lopud Island has one of Dalmatia's largest sand beaches.
Total paddling- 28 kms
9am - Paddle to Dubrovnik.
Approaching Dubrovnik's walls from the sea is a paddle all kayakers should do at least once in their lives. The towering limestone edifices jealously protected from maritime depredations for centuries inside a town of narrow flagged streets, tall orange-tiled houses, Baroque palaces, churches and monasteries. Sitting at a café on the main street after the August crowds have left, you feel a comfort and familiarity found only in an old friend's living room.
2pm - Check into rooms for evening.
Dinner in Dubrovnik.
Total paddling- 16 kms
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Riviera Tours - from 5 EUR
- Sarajevo Day Tour - from 40 EUR
- Jewish History in Dubrovnik - from 18 EUR
- Dubrovnik Cavtat and Konavle Tour - from 25 EUR
- Korcula and Peljesac - from 50 EUR
- From Dubrovnik to Montenegro - from 40 EUR
- Walking Tour Of The Walled City - from 20 EUR
- Wine Tour Peljesac - from 40 EUR
- Montenegro Private Tour - from 20 EUR
- Mostar Private Tour - from 20 EUR
- Dubrovnik Sightseeing And Panorama Tour - from 20 EUR
- Dubrovnik Panorama and Sightseeing - from 50 EUR
- Enjoy in Dubrovnik - from 50 EUR
- Panorama & City tour with guide - from 20 EUR
- Sea Kayaking around City Walls - from 30 EUR
- Montenegro - from 45 EUR
- Kayaking & Snorkeling at Dubrovnik - from 33 EUR
- Dubrovnik Walks The Best of Dubrovnik - from 30 EUR
- Dubrovnik Walks Dubrovnik Walls & Wars - from 19 EUR
- Dubrovnik Walks Discover the Old Town - from 12 EUR
- Peljesac wines and vineyards - from 35 EUR
- Neretva River delta - from 50 EUR
- Mostar - from 50 EUR
- Trsteno Ston - from 25 EUR
- Meougorje Place of pilgrimage - from 40 EUR
- Konavoski Dvori - from 30 EUR
- Island of Korcula - from 50 EUR
- Adriatic Sea Kayaking Week in Dubrovnik - 8 days from 695 EUR
Email the tour operator - Korcula to Dubrovnik Kayak Expedition
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.