World Heritage Sights of Bulgaria Tour from the Border
- Price from:
- 540 EUR /person
- +40 748 70 05 12
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- GIURGIU (BULGARIAN BORDER)
- Location Finish:
- GIURGIU (BULGARIAN BORDER)
- We Speak:
Last updated: 02/05/2008
Visit Bulgaria's most important monuments with a private local guide. On this tour we have included the highlights of Bulgaria, most which are registered in the UNESCO World Heritage...
ROUTING: GIURGIU (BULGARIAN BORDER) - RUSSE
- Pick up at Giurgiu : Romanian side of the border approx. at 1 p.m.
- Cross the border to Bulgaria
- Short sightseeing tour of Russe and drive to the village of Ivanovo to visit
the Rock monasteries cut out in the rocks of the canyons of Russenski Lom River.
The monastery used to have more than 300 rock premises in the period between the
9th and the 14th c. and was one of the biggest rock monastery groups in Europe.
- Overnight in Russe
ROUTING: RUSSE - ISPERIH - SVESHTARI - SHUMEN
- After breakfast departure to the town of Isperih to reach the village of
Sveshtari and visit its Thracian tomb. Although built in the same period as the
tomb in Kazanlak (3rd c. BC) the two complexes are entirely different. The one
at Sveshtari is a unique multifigural complex, decorated with ten dancing
"caryatids" dressed in exquisite costumes. Each figure's face is with its own
character and expression.
- Drive To Shumen
- Overnight in Shumen
ROUTING: SHUMEN - MADARA - VARNA - NESSEBAR
- Drive to the village of Madara to see the oldest monumental sculptural
bas-relief in Europe : Madara Horseman (8th-9th c. AD). The composition made of
the face of the rock, 23 m above the ground consists of the figure of a
horseman, a lion and a dog, placed in triangle of each other and depicted in
- In the afternoon sightseeing of Varna - the capital of the Bulgarian Riviera
with visit to the History museum to see the oldest gold treasure in the world
(5th Millenium BC).
- Drive to Nessebar
- Overnight in Nessebar
ROUTING: NESSEBAR - KAZANLAK
- Sightseeing of the Old town of Nessebar, situated on a small peninsular,
connected to the main land with a narrow isthmus only. The settlement was
founded in the 3rd c. BC and was an important fortress during the ages. It was
flourishing during the medieval period and ruins from its fortress walls and
several quite well preserved churches, dated back from the 8th to the 14th c.
could be seen. The town has typical old houses and is a resort centre as well.
- Drive to Kazanlak located in the Valley of roses
- Overnight in Kazanlak
ROUTING: KAZANLAK - SOFIA
- Visit to the Thracian tomb of Kazanlak. The tomb (4th-3rd c BC) was obviously
prepared for the local Thracian ruler and decorated with great mastership,
following the characteristics of the Hellenistic painting art. In the afternoon
sightseeing tour of Plovdiv - the second biggest town in Bulgaria with monuments
from Thracian, Roman and medieval periods, walking tour in the old part of the
town with typical Bulgarian houses from 18th and 19th c. and visiting the Roman
Theatre (2nd c AD) and the Ethnographic museum.
- Drive to the capital Sofia
- Overnight in Sofia
ROUTING: SOFIA - RILA - SOFIA
- After breakfast drive southward along the valley of Struma river to Rila
Monastery - the largest and one of the oldest Bulgarian monasteries, hidden
within the recesses of Rila mountain, build in the 10thc. The monastery has been
destroyed by robbers and by fires several times, but always rebuilt again, each
time larger and better constructed and decorated. The nowadays complex was built
in the first half of the 19th c. Back to Sofia and visit of Boyana Church,
located at the foot of the Vitosha mountain, built in stages, the oldest part,
probably in the 11th c.
- Overnight in Sofia
- Transfer to Airport and Final good-bye from your Bulgarian Driver
This tour can also be adjusted to start or end in Romania.
- Inclusions -
- Local Taxes
- Exclusions -
- Not Included: - Airfare - Entrance fees - Alcoholic drinks - Gratuities - Extra charges of hotel, eg. Laundry, telephone or fax charges, room service, etc.. - Insurance
- Extras -
- Visit Bulgaria's most important monuments with a private local guide. On this tour we have included the highlights of Bulgaria, most which are registered in the UNESCO World Heritage. This tour begins from the Romanian border and ends in the capital city of Sofia. During this time we have included overnights in Russe, Shumen, Nessebar, Kazanlak and Sofia. Old town of Nessebar - World Heritage Sights of Bulgaria TourSuch monumental highlights will be Ivanovo Rock monastery, Sveshtari and Kazanlak Thracian tombs, Madara Horseman, Varna, Old town of Nessebar, Rila Monastery and more. Along the way you will also have a chance to experience the country's local life and traditions. For more details please refer to the "Day by Day Itinerary"
World Heritage Sights of Bulgaria!!!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Veliko Tarnovo
- Veliko Turnovo Journey Back in Time - from 10 EUR
- The Best of Bulgaria Tour - 5 days from 500 EUR
Email the tour operator - World Heritage Sights of Bulgaria Tour from the Border
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.