The Best of Bulgaria Tour
- Price from:
- 500 EUR /person
- +40 748 70 05 12
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- Location Start:
- GIURGIU (BULGARIAN BORDER)
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 02/05/2008
A visit to Bulgaria will take you back dozens of centuries. This tour is a great introduction to the touristical aspects of the country...
ROUTING: GIURGIU (BULGARIAN BORDER) - VELIKO TURNOVO
- Pick up at Giurgiu : Romanian side of the border approx. at 1 p.m.
- Cross the border to Bulgaria
- Drive to the Rock monasteries by Ivanovo, included in the UNESCO World
- Check-in hotel
ACCOMMODATION: BOLYARSKI HOTEL **** or similar
ROUTING: VELIKO TURNOVO
- After breakfast : sightseeing of Veliko Turnovo - the ancient capital of the
Second Bulgarian Kingdom (12th -14th C.), picturesquely situated on the hills at
the banks of the meandering river Jantra. Visit of the medieval fortress of
Tsarevets hill and of Samovodska charshiya - handy craft street.
- Sightseeing of Arbanassi : 17th C. fortified village with entrance to
Konstanzaliev's house (17th C.) and Jesus Christ's Nativity Church which
interior is covered in frescos depicting 2000 scenes.
ACCOMMODATION: BOLYARSKI HOTEL **** or similar
ROUTING: VELIKO TURNOVO - SHIPKA - PLOVDIV
- Drive to Plovdiv via Shipka Pass.
- Visit to the Shipka Memorial church with golden domes.
- Visit to the Thracian tomb in Kazanlak, UNESCO World Heritage monument
- Arrival in Plovdiv in the afternoon. Walking in the old part of the town with
beautiful old houses from the Bulgarian Revival period (18th : 19th C.).
- Entrance to the St. Konstantin and Elena church and to the Roman Theatre.
- Overnight at 3-star hotel in Plovdiv.
ACCOMMODATION: Seven Hills hotel *** or similar
ROUTING: PLOVDIV - RILA - SOFIA
- Departure to Rila Monastery across the magnificent nature of the Rila and
- Stop at winter resort Borovets.
- Visit of the largest and one of the oldest Bulgarian monasteries (10th C.),
included in the UNESCO World Heritage List with medieval defense tower from the
14th C. and fine frescoes.
- Departure to the capital Sofia. Overnight at 3-star hotel in Sofia.
- Overnight in Sofia
ACCOMMODATION: Meg Hotel*** or similar
- Transfer to the Airport and the final good-bye from your Bulgarian Driver
This tour can also be adjusted to start or end in Romania.
- Inclusions -
- Local guides upon request
- Exclusions -
- Not Included: - Airfare - Entrance fees - Alcoholic drinks - Gratuities - Extra charges of hotel, eg. Laundry, telephone or fax charges, room service, etc.. - Insurance
- Extras -
- Experience Bulgaria's ancient culture, scenic beauty, friendly people,
hospitality and warmth. A visit to Bulgaria will take you back dozens of
centuries. This tour is a great introduction to the touristical aspects of the
First stop on this tour; Veliko Turnovo - the ancient capital of the Second
Bulgarian Kingdom, picturesquely situated on the hills at the banks of the
meandering river Jantra. Visit the medieval fortress of Tsarevets hill and of
Samovodska charshiya - handy craft street.
Next we go to Plovdiv via Shipka Pass. On the way we will stop to visit the
Outdoor ethnographic museum Etura with its 18th -19th C. crafts. In Plovdiv take
a Walk in the old part of the town to see beautiful old houses from the
Bulgarian Revival period, St. Konstantin and Elena church and Roman Theatre.
Rila Monastery - The Best of Bulgaria TourBefore heading to Sofia we will make a
stop at Rila Monastery; the biggest and one of the oldest in Bulgaria (founded
in the 10th c.), one of the Bulgarian monuments, included in the UNESCO World
Heritage List with medieval defense tower from the 14th c. and fine frescoes.
The above and more will be included on this private driven tour. This is a
perfect tour to continue your journey from Romania. For more details please
refer to the Day by Day Itinerary.
See Bulgaria's most important monuments!!!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Veliko Tarnovo
- Veliko Turnovo Journey Back in Time - from 10 EUR
- World Heritage Sights of Bulgaria Tour from the Border - 7 days from 540 EUR
Email the tour operator - The Best of Bulgaria Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.