Walking On The Edge Russalka & Yailata & Tyulenovo
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 10 EUR /person
- under request
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- "door to door" service
- Location Finish:
- "door to door" service
- Start time:
- any time
- End time:
- any time
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 01/14/2010
1 Day hiking tour walking on the edge of civilization...
The tour starts at Russalka - once called "Tauk Liman" wich in Turkish means "The bird cove". Probably the name was given because of the many migrating birds stopping here for a rest on their way. The Via Pontica migratory passage crosses this area wich makes it a great place for bird-watching in the spring/autumn migration.
The tour continues on the edge of the rocky coast towards Yailata - a seaside terrace, separated from the Dobrudja Plateau with 50-60-meter high cliffs. Located 20 km. north of Cape Kaliakra, it combines both archaeological finds and wild nature. There is a cave town consisting of 101 cave dwellings from the V century BC., an ancient sanctuary, altars, wineries, four necropolises and an early Byzantine fortress from the V-VI century AD. During the Middle ages the caves were used as a monastery complex. The walls of some of the caves still keep legible proto-Bulgarian signs runes, crosses and stone icons. Visit of the caves followed by skinny-dipping in the sea and lunch.
After the short break the tour continues direction north towards Tyulenovo. This village has it's name because once a colony of seals used to live in the caves along the rocky coast. Unfortunately no seal has been seen in the area since the 1980. But still there is a hope that some of them hide around .... On the contrary dolphins can be seen often, as they usually come near to the land in the early morning or late afternoon.
- Inclusions -
- tour guide service + petrol cost
- Exclusions -
- entrance fees, food and drinks
- Extras -
- Please note: The price of my personal walking tours is 10 Euro per hour + fuel consumption for my driving tours (air-conditioned car).
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Varna
- Demir Baba Teke Holy Place For Muslims And Christians - from 10 EUR
- Paragliding Adventures - from 10 EUR
- The Lost Treasure of Captain Bellamy - from 10 EUR
- Museum of Mosaics in Devniya Marcianopolis - from 10 EUR
- Wine tour in Balchik - from 10 EUR
- Yailata tour - from 10 EUR
- Spearfishing - from 10 EUR
- Alaja Monastery Tour - from 10 EUR
- Varna City Walking Tour - from 10 EUR
- 1 Day visit of Chiflika Chukurovo - from 10 EUR
- The Stone Forest Tour - from 10 EUR
- Bulgaria Extreme Sports Week - 7 days from 10 EUR
- The Secrets of Strandja Mountain - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Fly fishing in Bulgaria - 2 days from 10 EUR
- Camping in Bulgaria - 2 days from 10 EUR
- Antique Bulgaria Tour - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Fishing in Bulgaria - 2 days from 10 EUR
- Thracian heritage tour - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Traditional Christmas Hog Roast - 2 days from 10 EUR
Email the tour operator - Walking On The Edge Russalka & Yailata & Tyulenovo
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.