Traditional Christmas Hog Roast
- Special Occasions
- Price from:
- 10 EUR /person
- under request
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 days
- Location Start:
- "door to door" service
- Location Finish:
- "door to door" service
- Start time:
- any time
- End time:
- any time
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 01/27/2010
Join us in the Troyan Balkan mountains for a special Christmas 2 days tour. Experience a traditional family feast with your friends and take part in an old Bulgarian tradition
Departure to the village of Oreshak you will be accommodated in a typical Bulgarian house - "Popovi" guest house - gorgeous place with sunny rooms, garden and really friendly owners! The place has also got another name "Papa Bear" guest house due to endless abundance of home cooked food and home made drinks on the table ...
Same day we will visit the Troyan Monastery (the third largest and most significant monastery in Bulgaria), The National Arts and Crafts Exhibition (the only place in Bulgaria where master-craftsmen from all over the country display their work) and the private gallery of the famous Veska Hadjiiska - one of the best Bulgarian craftsmen working on wood.
In the morning the men will go and slaughter a pig( optional for the faint of heart!) and bring it back to the guest house. Next we will prepare the pig in a time honoured fashion. To start we must remove the hair and top layer of skin; to do this we will first burn off the hair and pour hot water all over the pigs' body whilst we drink lots of rakia (traditional Bulgarian brandy)! Then the pigs skin must be scraped to remove the last rough layer of skin and then it must be gutted and cut up ready for cooking. This fascinating process must be enjoyed with plenty of drinks and cheer! Alternatively you can just take part in the drinking and feasting and leave the others to do the preparation, more drinking for you!
We will enjoy the cooked hog with all the trimmings and it will be an unforgettable experience!!
- Inclusions -
- tour guide service + petrol cost
- Exclusions -
- entrance fees, food, drinks and accommodation
- Extras -
- Please note that the price shown (10 Euros/hour) does not include the cost of the pig which will depend on the number of people taking part.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Varna
- Demir Baba Teke Holy Place For Muslims And Christians - from 10 EUR
- Paragliding Adventures - from 10 EUR
- The Lost Treasure of Captain Bellamy - from 10 EUR
- Museum of Mosaics in Devniya Marcianopolis - from 10 EUR
- Walking On The Edge Russalka & Yailata & Tyulenovo - from 10 EUR
- Wine tour in Balchik - from 10 EUR
- Yailata tour - from 10 EUR
- Spearfishing - from 10 EUR
- Alaja Monastery Tour - from 10 EUR
- Varna City Walking Tour - from 10 EUR
- 1 Day visit of Chiflika Chukurovo - from 10 EUR
- The Stone Forest Tour - from 10 EUR
- Bulgaria Extreme Sports Week - 7 days from 10 EUR
- The Secrets of Strandja Mountain - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Fly fishing in Bulgaria - 2 days from 10 EUR
- Camping in Bulgaria - 2 days from 10 EUR
- Antique Bulgaria Tour - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Fishing in Bulgaria - 2 days from 10 EUR
- Thracian heritage tour - 3 days from 10 EUR
Email the tour operator - Traditional Christmas Hog Roast
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.