Unique Museum Towns of Bulgaria Tour
- Price from:
- 900 EUR /person
- +40 748 70 05 12
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 02/05/2008
Discover Bulgaria's ancient cities and towns on this 8 day tour of Bulgaria with a private local driver. Visit such towns as Plovdiv, Nessebar, Veliko Tarnova and more...
- Your English-speaking specialist guide will pick you up from Sofia Airport
- Transfer to hotel
- Evening at your leisure
- Overnight in Sofia
ACCOMMODATION: CITY CENTRE HOTEL****
ROUTING: SOFIA - KOPRIVSHTITSA
- Sightseeing tour of the city, including a walk in the central area with visit
to Al. Nevski Cathedral, St. Sofia Church, Russian Church, Ruins of Serdica, St.
George Rotunda (4th C. AD), National Theatre.
- Departure to the museum town Koprivshtitsa with its typical 19th C. atmosphere
and beautiful old houses
- Overnight in Koprivshtitsa
ROUTING: KOPRIVSHTITSA - TROYAN MONASTERY - VELIKO TURNOVO
- Breakfast with Bulgarian traditional pastry - "Banitza" and sheep's yogurt
served in a pot.
- Walking tour through the village including entrance to the Ethnographical
- Drive to Veliko Turnovo.
- On the way visit of the Troyan monastery ( 17th C.).
- Possibility to visit the exhibition of folk artistic crafts in the village of
- Overnight in Veliko Turnovo or in Arbanassi village (4 kms away).
ROUTING: VELIKO TURNOVO - BOZHENTSI
- Sightseeing tour of Veliko Turnovo and Arbanassi village : architectural
reserve and museum town with houses and churches from 17th :19th C. with
entrance to the Jesus Christ's Nativity Church which interior is covered in
frescos depicting 2000 scenes.
- In the afternoon drive to the museum village of Bozhentsi (50 kms away from
- Overnight at hotel in Bozhentsi or Kmetovci.
ROUTING: BOZHENTSI - ETURA - PLOVDIV
- Drive to Plovdiv through Shipka Pass.
- On the way visit of Ethnografical Outdoor museum Etura with its 18th - 19th C.
- Possibility for tasting buffalo yoghurt at Shipka Pass.
- Visit to the Shipka memorial church with golden domes.
- Entrance to the Thracian tomb included in the UNESCO List in Kazanlak : the
capital of Rose Valley.
- Overnight in Plovdiv.
ROUTING: PLOVDIV - BANSKO
- Sightseeing of the old part of the town with beautiful old houses from the
Bulgarian Revival period (18th : 19th C.).
- Entrance to the Ethnographic museum and to the Roman Theatre.
- Departure to Bansko : winter ski resort in the impressive Pirin mountain.
- Overnight in Bansko.
ROUTING: BANSKO - MELNIK - ROZHEN - BANSKO
- Trip to Melnik : museum town, scenically located at the foothills of sandstone
pyramids, famous for its ancient architecture and red wine.
- Visit of the Rozhen monastery.
- Wine tasting of the famous local red wines at Kordopulova house.
- Overnight in Bansko.
ROUTING: BANSKO - RILA - SOFIA
- Departure to Rila Monastery - visit of the largest and one of the oldest
Bulgarian monasteries (10th c.), included in the UNESCO World Heritage List with
medieval defense tower from the 14th C. and fine frescoes.
- Drive to Sofia.
- Overnight in Sofia.
- Transfer to Airport and Final good-bye from your Bulgarian Driver
This tour can also be adjusted to start or end in Romania
- Inclusions -
- Local guides upon request
- Exclusions -
- Not Included: - Airfare - Alcoholic drinks - Gratuities - Extra charges of hotel, eg. Laundry, telephone or fax charges, room service, etc.. - Insurance
- Extras -
- Explore Bulgaria's beautiful museum towns with a private local driver. This tour focuses on the small towns and villages of Bulgaria that have been restored and preserved to keep the history and natural beauty alive.
The tour will include stops at such unique locations as Veliko Tarnova; the old capital, the Thracian tomb in Kazanlak, Melnik, and the Monastery of Rila; the biggest in Bulgaria. Along the way you will also have a chance to see the local folk life and pick up some traditional arts and crafts.
This tour is customizable and can be adjusted upon your request. For more details please refer to the "Day by Day Itinerary".
Unique Museum Towns of Bulgaria Tour!!!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Sofia
- Fire Dancing in Bulgaria - from 10 EUR
- One Day Rila Monastery Tour - from 49 EUR
- Sofia Highlights - from 25 EUR
- Rila Monastery Experience The History And Eternety - from 10 EUR
- Sofia Tour - from 10 EUR
- Private UNESCO Tour in Bulgaria - 8 days from 10 EUR
- Hidden Treasures in Southern Bulgaria - 8 days from 10 EUR
- Classical Bulgaria - 9 days from 1250 GBP
- Thracian Tomb in Kazanluk - 3 days from 100 BGN
- Bulgaria in Private - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Sofia Weekend - 3 days from 79 EUR
- Hiking tour in Bulgaria - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Mountain Biking in the Central Balkan Range - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Best of Ancient Bulgaria in 10 Days - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Carp fishing in Bulgaria - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Explore the UNESCO Sights of Bulgaria Tour - 8 days from 850 EUR
- Discover the Thracians of Bulgaria Tour - 9 days from 900 EUR
- The Ancient and Modern Bulgaria Tour - 7 days from 700 EUR
- Bulgarian Churches and Monasteries Tour - 9 days from 10 EUR
- Roman Bulgaria Tour - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Tour Around Bulgaria Monastery - 8 days from 499 EUR
- Tour around Bulgaria and Macedonia - 10 days from 899 EUR
- Ski mountaineering in Bulgaria - 8 days from 350 EUR
Email the tour operator - Unique Museum Towns of Bulgaria Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.