Roman Bulgaria Tour
- Price from:
- 10 EUR /person
- under request
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- "door to door" service
- Location Finish:
- "door to door" service
- Start time:
- any time
- End time:
- any time
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 01/27/2010
A complete tour around the incredible achievements of the ancient Roman Empire in today's Bulgaria ...
Arrive in Sofia. Transfer. Overnight.
Roman Sofia tour. Transfer to Plovdiv - ancient Philippopolis. Overnight.
Old city tour - including the Roman theatre, the Roman mosaics, the presumed beginning of Via Trayana, etc. Drive to Hisarya - one of the three most important towns in the province. We will cross the Central Balkan range through Beklemeto pass (once called Via Trayana, an ancient Roman road) and drive to Oreshak/Troyan village close to the legendary Troyan Monastery. Overnight.
Continue on Via Trayana through Sostra up to Ulpia Escus and Novae on the Danube river. Back to Oreshak. Overnight.
Drive to Veliko Turnovo. Visit Nicopolis ad Istrum. Drive to Varna. Overnight.
Varna city tour including the Roman baths (4th biggest in Europe) and Archaeological museum showing the oldest Golden treasure in the world - over 6000 years. Overnight.
Drive to Nessebur/Mesembria (archaeological museum and Medieval churches/Sea Basilica/Old Metropolis) and visit Museum of Mosaics in Devniya/Marcianopolis. Back to Varna. Overnight.
Drive to Durostorum and V century Byzantine stronghold situated in the northern part of 'The Big Yaila'. Back to Varna. Overnight.
Drive to Abritus and Rousse (Visit Sexaginta Prista Roman Fortress). Overnight.
Drive to Sofia.
- Inclusions -
- tour guide service + petrol cost
- Exclusions -
- entrance fees, food, drinks and accommodation
- Extras -
- The price of my private walking tours is 10 Euro per hour + fuel consumption for my driving tours (air-conditioned car).
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Sofia
- Fire Dancing in Bulgaria - from 10 EUR
- One Day Rila Monastery Tour - from 49 EUR
- Sofia Highlights - from 25 EUR
- Rila Monastery Experience The History And Eternety - from 10 EUR
- Sofia Tour - from 10 EUR
- Private UNESCO Tour in Bulgaria - 8 days from 10 EUR
- Hidden Treasures in Southern Bulgaria - 8 days from 10 EUR
- Classical Bulgaria - 9 days from 1250 GBP
- Thracian Tomb in Kazanluk - 3 days from 100 BGN
- Bulgaria in Private - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Sofia Weekend - 3 days from 79 EUR
- Hiking tour in Bulgaria - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Mountain Biking in the Central Balkan Range - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Best of Ancient Bulgaria in 10 Days - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Carp fishing in Bulgaria - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Explore the UNESCO Sights of Bulgaria Tour - 8 days from 850 EUR
- Discover the Thracians of Bulgaria Tour - 9 days from 900 EUR
- Unique Museum Towns of Bulgaria Tour - 9 days from 900 EUR
- The Ancient and Modern Bulgaria Tour - 7 days from 700 EUR
- Bulgarian Churches and Monasteries Tour - 9 days from 10 EUR
- Tour Around Bulgaria Monastery - 8 days from 499 EUR
- Tour around Bulgaria and Macedonia - 10 days from 899 EUR
- Ski mountaineering in Bulgaria - 8 days from 350 EUR
Email the tour operator - Roman Bulgaria Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.