Hiking tour in Bulgaria
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 10 EUR /person
- under request
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- "door to door" service
- Location Finish:
- "door to door" service
- Start time:
- any time
- End time:
- any time
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 01/27/2010
A complete hiking and trekking adventure that combines the best of Bulgaria!!!
I offer half day, full day or several days guided walks not only in the Troyan Balkan, but all around Bulgaria. The degree of difficulty varies from a leisure walk in the forest to a several days climb of an alpine peak, so together we will choose the trek that is most suited for you and your friends or family.
During some of the tracks climbing uphill prevails, in others you mostly descend or walk on the flat. This enables me to pick the adventure, according to your wish and physical abilities at the moment.
Some experiences not to miss are dipping in a hot water mineral pool after a hard days walk or enjoying the heat of the fireplace in a remote mountain hut.
Day 1 - 4-5 hours hiking to Zelenikovo monastery (ascend 600 m). Situated up in the Troyan Balkan mountains in the middle of nowhere, built in 1832 for privacy as a branch of the Troyan Monastery and named after St. Joan the Precursor. Absolutely remote place with no electricity/water! Overnight.
4 hours hiking to Ambaritza hut, just below Ambaritza peak (ascend 600-700 m). If there is not too much snow, we might climb the peak in the afternoon. Overnight.
8 hours hiking Ambaritza hut-Neshkovci-Steneto area (one of the most beautiful places in Bulgaria)-Dermenka hut-Beklemeto (descent 600 m ascend 600 m). End of the tour.
- Inclusions -
- tour guide service + petrol cost
- Exclusions -
- fees, food, drinks and accommodation
- Extras -
- The price of my private walking tours is 10 Euro per hour + fuel consumption for my driving tours (air-conditioned car).
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Sofia
- Fire Dancing in Bulgaria - from 10 EUR
- One Day Rila Monastery Tour - from 49 EUR
- Sofia Highlights - from 25 EUR
- Rila Monastery Experience The History And Eternety - from 10 EUR
- Sofia Tour - from 10 EUR
- Private UNESCO Tour in Bulgaria - 8 days from 10 EUR
- Hidden Treasures in Southern Bulgaria - 8 days from 10 EUR
- Classical Bulgaria - 9 days from 1250 GBP
- Thracian Tomb in Kazanluk - 3 days from 100 BGN
- Bulgaria in Private - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Sofia Weekend - 3 days from 79 EUR
- Mountain Biking in the Central Balkan Range - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Best of Ancient Bulgaria in 10 Days - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Carp fishing in Bulgaria - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Explore the UNESCO Sights of Bulgaria Tour - 8 days from 850 EUR
- Discover the Thracians of Bulgaria Tour - 9 days from 900 EUR
- Unique Museum Towns of Bulgaria Tour - 9 days from 900 EUR
- The Ancient and Modern Bulgaria Tour - 7 days from 700 EUR
- Bulgarian Churches and Monasteries Tour - 9 days from 10 EUR
- Roman Bulgaria Tour - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Tour Around Bulgaria Monastery - 8 days from 499 EUR
- Tour around Bulgaria and Macedonia - 10 days from 899 EUR
- Ski mountaineering in Bulgaria - 8 days from 350 EUR
Email the tour operator - Hiking tour in Bulgaria
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.