Hidden Treasures in Southern Bulgaria
- Price from:
- 10 EUR /person
- under request
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- any time
- End time:
- any time
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 01/27/2010
Off the beaten track in Southern Bulgaria
Visit to the Rila monastery regarded as one of Bulgaria's most important cultural, historical and architectural monuments. Overnight.
Visit to Melnik (Kordopulova house) and Rojen monastery. Drive to Bansko and visit Velianova house and St. Trinity church. Finally drive to Dobarsko village and visit the Old church (1614). Overnight.
Visit to Dolen village (cultural and historical reserve) and then drive to Trigrad gorge and Devil's throat cave. Overnight.
Drive to Shiroka laka village and the Wonder bridges. Visit the ossuary and the refectory in Bachkovo monastery (the second largest in Bulgaria) and finally drive to Assenova fortress near Asenovgrad. Overnight.
Visit to Tatul (the presumable tomb of the legendary Thracian singer Orpheus), Harman Kaya (absolutely unknown ruins of a Thracian sanctuary) and Perperikon (the Oracles of Dionysus). Overnight.
Morning visit to Kardjali Historicam museum and then drive to the VIII B.C. Cromlech (the Bulgarian Avebury) and to the Deaf Stones (XII B.C. Thracian burial niches). Overnight.
Morning visit to the Thracian tomb in Mezek (IV B.C.) and the Byzantium fortress from XI A.D. Then drive to the Thracian tomb in Alexandrovo (IV B.C.) and finally to Plovdiv. Overnight.
Departure to Sofia
- Inclusions -
- tour guide service + petrol cost
- Exclusions -
- entrance fees, food, drinks and accommodation
- Extras -
- Please note: The price of my personal walking tours is 10 Euro per hour + fuel consumption for my driving tours (air-conditioned car).
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Sofia
- Fire Dancing in Bulgaria - from 10 EUR
- One Day Rila Monastery Tour - from 49 EUR
- Sofia Highlights - from 25 EUR
- Rila Monastery Experience The History And Eternety - from 10 EUR
- Sofia Tour - from 10 EUR
- Private UNESCO Tour in Bulgaria - 8 days from 10 EUR
- Classical Bulgaria - 9 days from 1250 GBP
- Thracian Tomb in Kazanluk - 3 days from 100 BGN
- Bulgaria in Private - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Sofia Weekend - 3 days from 79 EUR
- Hiking tour in Bulgaria - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Mountain Biking in the Central Balkan Range - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Best of Ancient Bulgaria in 10 Days - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Carp fishing in Bulgaria - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Explore the UNESCO Sights of Bulgaria Tour - 8 days from 850 EUR
- Discover the Thracians of Bulgaria Tour - 9 days from 900 EUR
- Unique Museum Towns of Bulgaria Tour - 9 days from 900 EUR
- The Ancient and Modern Bulgaria Tour - 7 days from 700 EUR
- Bulgarian Churches and Monasteries Tour - 9 days from 10 EUR
- Roman Bulgaria Tour - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Tour Around Bulgaria Monastery - 8 days from 499 EUR
- Tour around Bulgaria and Macedonia - 10 days from 899 EUR
- Ski mountaineering in Bulgaria - 8 days from 350 EUR
Email the tour operator - Hidden Treasures in Southern Bulgaria
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.