Bulgarian Churches and Monasteries Tour
- Price from:
- 10 EUR /person
- under request
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 9 days
- Location Start:
- "door to door" service
- Location Finish:
- "door to door" service
- Start time:
- any time
- End time:
- any time
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 01/27/2010
Exceptional tour among Bulgaria's best spiritual places
Sofia city tour including "Alexander Nevski" Patriarchal Cathedral and Boyana church - one of the most remarkable monuments of Bulgarian medieval painting art.
In the afternoon tour of Rila Monastery - the largest and most famous Eastern Orthodox monastery in Bulgaria. Overnight.
Departure to Plovdiv. On the way we will visit Bachkovo monastery - second largest in Bulgaria. The Renaissance town of Old Plovdiv tour including the 'St. Constantin and Helena' church. Overnight.
Departure to Varna. City tour of Old Nessebur on the way, including the famous medieval churches - the Old Bishopric (St Sophia), the New Bishopric (of St Stephan), the "St. Spas" Church, etc. Overnight.
Varna city tour including the imposing Cathedral, the mysterious "Virgin Mary Panagia" orthodox church and Alaja "The Colored monastery - one of the few rock monasteries in Bulgaria. Overnight.
Departure to the unique Ivanovo Rock Monastery - beautiful mural paintings dating from the 13th and 14th century.
In the afternoon tour of Arbanassi where you can see some of the most impressive monuments of Bulgarian art in XIV-XVIII like "The Nativity Church" and the "Sts Archangels Michael and Gavril" church. Overnight.
Departure to the village of Oreshak close to the legendary Troyan Monastery. On the way tour of the St 'Archangel Michael' church in Tryavna and the heroically Dryanovo monastery. Overnight.
Troyan Monastery tour - the third largest and most significant monastery in Bulgaria and the 'St. Nikola' chapel. Overnight.
2 hours hiking tour to the hidden Zelenikovski Monastery.
Situated up in the Troyan Balkan mountains in the middle of nowhere, built in 1832 for privacy as a branch of the Troyan Monastery and named after St. Joan the Precursor. Overnight.
Departure to Sofia. Tour of Glozhene Monastery on the way.
- Inclusions -
- tour guide service + petrol cost
- Exclusions -
- entrance fees, food, drinks and accommodation
- Extras -
- Please note: The price of my personal walking tours is 10 Euro per hour + fuel consumption for my driving tours (air-conditioned car).
The price does not include meals, accommodation or entrance fees!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Sofia
- Fire Dancing in Bulgaria - from 10 EUR
- One Day Rila Monastery Tour - from 49 EUR
- Sofia Highlights - from 25 EUR
- Rila Monastery Experience The History And Eternety - from 10 EUR
- Sofia Tour - from 10 EUR
- Private UNESCO Tour in Bulgaria - 8 days from 10 EUR
- Hidden Treasures in Southern Bulgaria - 8 days from 10 EUR
- Classical Bulgaria - 9 days from 1250 GBP
- Thracian Tomb in Kazanluk - 3 days from 100 BGN
- Bulgaria in Private - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Sofia Weekend - 3 days from 79 EUR
- Hiking tour in Bulgaria - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Mountain Biking in the Central Balkan Range - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Best of Ancient Bulgaria in 10 Days - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Carp fishing in Bulgaria - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Explore the UNESCO Sights of Bulgaria Tour - 8 days from 850 EUR
- Discover the Thracians of Bulgaria Tour - 9 days from 900 EUR
- Unique Museum Towns of Bulgaria Tour - 9 days from 900 EUR
- The Ancient and Modern Bulgaria Tour - 7 days from 700 EUR
- Roman Bulgaria Tour - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Tour Around Bulgaria Monastery - 8 days from 499 EUR
- Tour around Bulgaria and Macedonia - 10 days from 899 EUR
- Ski mountaineering in Bulgaria - 8 days from 350 EUR
Email the tour operator - Bulgarian Churches and Monasteries Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.