Bulgaria in Private
- Price from:
- 10 EUR /person
- under request
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- "door to door" service
- Location Finish:
- "door to door" service
- Start time:
- any time
- End time:
- any time
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 01/27/2010
Exclusive private tour around Bulgaria's best sights!!!
Sofia city tour - including Al. Nevski cathedral, Boyana church, National museum of history, etc. Overnight.
Drive to Koprivshtitza - one of the few Bulgarian towns preserving the typical features of the original Revival architecture.
Continue the trip to the village of Oreshak close to the legendary Troyan Monastery. Drive through one of the most beautiful mountain passes in Bulgaria - Beklemeto or also Vila Trayana (an ancient Roman road).
Accommodation in 'Papa Bear' guest house - local place, where you can enjoy some typical home cooked food and home made drinks.
Same day we will visit the Troyan Monastery (the third largest and most significant monastery in Bulgaria), The National Arts and Crafts Exhibition (the only place in Bulgaria where master-craftsmen from all over the country display their work) and the private gallery of the famous Veska Hadjiiska - one of the best Bulgarian craftsmen carving wood. Overnight.
Departure to Veliko Turnovo - the medieval Bulgarian capital. On the way tour of Bozhentsi (superb examples of 19th century dwellings), The Ethnographic complex 'Etara' (open air museum of ancient Bulgarian crafts), Tryavna (St 'Archangel Michael' church, the Clock tower, 'Daskalova' house and the Icon museum) and the heroic Dryanovo monastery.
In the evening we can enjoy the unique 'Sound and light' show over the Tzarevetz hill .... Overnight.
Veliko Turnovo (the medieval Bulgarian capital) city tour and tour of Arbanassi where you can see some of the most exquisite monuments of Bulgarian art in XIV-XVIII like "The Nativity Church", "St's Archangels Michael and Gavril", "Konstancialieva" house, etc.
Drive to the Roman ruins of Nicopolis ad Istrum and then to Ivanovo Rock Monastery - one of the best preserved rock monastery all over Bulgaria.
Overnight in Ruse - once called Vienna on the Danube!
Drive to The Thracian Tomb in Sveshtari (the most impressive antique sight in Bulgaria), Demir Baba Teke (the tomb of the Alian saint Demir Baba) and visit the Roman town of Abritus on the way.
Finally drive to Varna and visit The Madara Horseman (one of the most popular Bulgarian monuments included in the World Register of Historical Sites since 1979) on the way. Overnight.
Visit to "The Stone Forest" (incredible natural phenomena over 40 000 000 years old), Cape Kaliakra and The Romanian Queen Castle in Balchik (the summer residence of the Romanian Queen Maria) in the afternoon. Overnight.
Varna city tour in the morning including the imposing Cathedral, the Archaeological museum - showing the oldest Golden treasure in the world (over 6000 years), the mysterious "Panagia" church, the Roman baths, etc.
Drive to Nessebar (town museum included in World UNESCO heritage). Old town tour.
Departure to Jeravna - world architectural monument. Overnight in a typical house.
Departure to Plovdiv. On the way we will visit the famous Thracian tomb in Kazanlak (included in UNESCO heritage list) and drive through the beautiful Valley of roses.
The Renaissance town of Old Plovdiv tour in the afternoon, including "Balabanova" house, "Hindiliyan" house, the Roman amphitheatre and the "St. Constantin and Helena" church.
A great drive through the mystic Rodopi mountain and visit to the Rila monastery regarded as one of Bulgaria's most important cultural, historical and architectural monuments.
Tour of Bansko on the way. Overnight.
Departure to Sofia.
- Inclusions -
- tour guide service + petrol cost
- Exclusions -
- entrance fees, food, drinks and accommodation
- Extras -
- Please note - The price of my personal walking tours is 10 Euro per hour + fuel consumption for my driving tours (air-conditioned car).
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Sofia
- Fire Dancing in Bulgaria - from 10 EUR
- One Day Rila Monastery Tour - from 49 EUR
- Sofia Highlights - from 25 EUR
- Rila Monastery Experience The History And Eternety - from 10 EUR
- Sofia Tour - from 10 EUR
- Private UNESCO Tour in Bulgaria - 8 days from 10 EUR
- Hidden Treasures in Southern Bulgaria - 8 days from 10 EUR
- Classical Bulgaria - 9 days from 1250 GBP
- Thracian Tomb in Kazanluk - 3 days from 100 BGN
- Sofia Weekend - 3 days from 79 EUR
- Hiking tour in Bulgaria - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Mountain Biking in the Central Balkan Range - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Best of Ancient Bulgaria in 10 Days - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Carp fishing in Bulgaria - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Explore the UNESCO Sights of Bulgaria Tour - 8 days from 850 EUR
- Discover the Thracians of Bulgaria Tour - 9 days from 900 EUR
- Unique Museum Towns of Bulgaria Tour - 9 days from 900 EUR
- The Ancient and Modern Bulgaria Tour - 7 days from 700 EUR
- Bulgarian Churches and Monasteries Tour - 9 days from 10 EUR
- Roman Bulgaria Tour - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Tour Around Bulgaria Monastery - 8 days from 499 EUR
- Tour around Bulgaria and Macedonia - 10 days from 899 EUR
- Ski mountaineering in Bulgaria - 8 days from 350 EUR
Email the tour operator - Bulgaria in Private
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.