Best of Ancient Bulgaria in 10 Days
- Price from:
- 10 EUR /person
- under request
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- "door to door" service
- Location Finish:
- "door to door" service
- Start time:
- any time
- End time:
- any time
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 01/27/2010
Discover Bulgaria's best ancient sights on this 10 day tour with your perosnal tour guide!
Antique Sofia city tour (including Boyana church). Overnight.
Transfer to Plovdiv - ancient Philippopolis. Old city tour - including the Roman theatre, the Roman mosaics, etc. Overnight.
Departure to the Thracian cult complex by the village of Starosel. Then drive to Hisarya - an ancient Roman town.
In the afternoon visit of one of the most famous monuments of the Thracian Culture The Thracian Tomb in Kazanluk. Departure to Kurdjali. Overnight.
Early morning visit of Perperikon The sacred city and Tatul - a Thracian sanctuary dedicated to the legendary Thracian singer Orpheus and possibly the place where he was buried. Departure to Nessebur. Overnight.
Tour of Old Nessebur - town museum included in World UNESCO heritage. In the afternoon departure to Varna.
Varna city tour - Roman baths, Archaeological museum. Overnight.
Tour of Cape Kaliakra - archaeological historical and natural reserve and 'Yailata' - the cave dwellings, the necropolis and an early Byzantine fortress. Back to Varna. Overnight.
Drive to Madara Horseman - one of the most popular Bulgarian monuments included in the World Register of Historical Sites since 1979.
Then visit of Pliska - capital of the first Bulgarian state and the Thracian tomb in Sveshtari - an unique example of the ancient Thracian culture. Drive to Russe. Overnight.
Departure to Veliko Turnovo - the medieval Bulgarian capital. Tzarevetz hill tour. Drive to Oreshak village via Sostra - an ancient Roman camp. Overnight.
Drive to Sofia.
- Inclusions -
- tour guide service + petrol cost
- Exclusions -
- entrance fees, food, drinks and accommodation
- Extras -
- Please note: The price of my personal walking tours is 10 Euro per hour + fuel consumption for my driving tours (air-conditioned car).
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Sofia
- Fire Dancing in Bulgaria - from 10 EUR
- One Day Rila Monastery Tour - from 49 EUR
- Sofia Highlights - from 25 EUR
- Rila Monastery Experience The History And Eternety - from 10 EUR
- Sofia Tour - from 10 EUR
- Private UNESCO Tour in Bulgaria - 8 days from 10 EUR
- Hidden Treasures in Southern Bulgaria - 8 days from 10 EUR
- Classical Bulgaria - 9 days from 1250 GBP
- Thracian Tomb in Kazanluk - 3 days from 100 BGN
- Bulgaria in Private - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Sofia Weekend - 3 days from 79 EUR
- Hiking tour in Bulgaria - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Mountain Biking in the Central Balkan Range - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Carp fishing in Bulgaria - 3 days from 10 EUR
- Explore the UNESCO Sights of Bulgaria Tour - 8 days from 850 EUR
- Discover the Thracians of Bulgaria Tour - 9 days from 900 EUR
- Unique Museum Towns of Bulgaria Tour - 9 days from 900 EUR
- The Ancient and Modern Bulgaria Tour - 7 days from 700 EUR
- Bulgarian Churches and Monasteries Tour - 9 days from 10 EUR
- Roman Bulgaria Tour - 10 days from 10 EUR
- Tour Around Bulgaria Monastery - 8 days from 499 EUR
- Tour around Bulgaria and Macedonia - 10 days from 899 EUR
- Ski mountaineering in Bulgaria - 8 days from 350 EUR
Email the tour operator - Best of Ancient Bulgaria in 10 Days
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.