Plovdiv and Bachkovo Monastery
- Price from:
- 95 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Your hotel in Sofia
- Location Finish:
- Your hotel in Sofia
- We Speak:
- German, English, Bulgarian, Russian
Last updated: 06/17/2007
Bulgarias first capital after the Liberation. Its indelible marks are still to be seen today: the marble-tiled Forum, the Roman Stadium, the Ancient Theater.
Founded nine centuries ago, Bachkovo Monastery is located 28 km south of Plovdiv in the picturesque Chaya river valley. Its monumental architecture, artistic and cultural significance are comparable only to that of Rila Monastery. Besides with its original architecture, this sacred adobe also attracts visitors with the famous murals of its churches and buildings.
Bulgaria's first capital after the Liberation. Its indelible marks are still to be seen today: the marble-tiled Forum; the Roman Stadium; the Ancient Theater, rising above the city Old Plovdiv is an original heritage park that lives on, an architectural phenomenon combining the splendor of stately homes with the modesty of cobblestone lanes. Every single house here has its own allure and fascination. The Ethnographic Museum, the art galleries, churches and the street of folk arts and crafts are major landmarks of Old Plovdiv, followed by a trip to Bachkovo Monastery.
- Inclusions -
- 20% VAT
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Plovdiv
- Old Plovdiv - from 30 BGN
- Trigrad Gordge Devil Throat and Yagodinska Cave - from 61 BGN
- Asens Fortress and Bachkovo Monastery - from 38 BGN
- Ancient Starosel and Hissar - from 20 EUR
- Mountain Biking in Rhodopi Mountains - from 26 EUR
- One Day Hiking in Bulgarian Rhodopi Mountains - from 16 EUR
Email the tour operator - Plovdiv and Bachkovo Monastery
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.