One Day Hiking in Bulgarian Rhodopi Mountains
- Price from:
- 16 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Bachkovo Monastery
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 07/04/2008
Enjoy the beauty of Rhodopi Mountains
Transport to the starting point Bachkovo Monastery which is the second biggest in Bulgaria. The cloister was founded in 1083 and it is one of the oldest monasteries on the Balkan Peninsula.
After a short walk in the monastery we continue to the Slivodol's Gully where our hiking will begin. After 45 min. walking along a picturesque forest path, winding along the river, we will reach the highest waterfall in the Rhodopi Mountains : Slivodol's Waterfall (49m).
Then we direct our steps towards Dobrostan Village. We will be faced with 4-5 h passage through the Red Wall Reserve which is the biggest reserve in the Rhodopi Mountains. The area of the reserve is situated on 3030 ha. The Red Wall is declared as a reserve in 1962. The aim is preservation of the large number plant species which grow in this area. During 1977 the reserve was included in the list of biosphere reserves given by UNESCO under its Programme on Man and the Biosphere (MAB). The itinerary ends in Dobrostan Village.
The itinerary end in the mountain Dobrostan Village which altitude is 1350m.
- Extras -
- Difficulty: The program is appropriate for well and very good prepared bicyclists.
Appropriate period: from May until October
Equipment: Appropriate equipment for biking according to the season and the weather, comfortable shoes, small sack where we will put our lunch, water or soft drink.
Our team provides:Well trained mountain guides with English language.
Groups from 8 to 20 people
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Plovdiv
- Old Plovdiv - from 30 BGN
- Trigrad Gordge Devil Throat and Yagodinska Cave - from 61 BGN
- Asens Fortress and Bachkovo Monastery - from 38 BGN
- Ancient Starosel and Hissar - from 20 EUR
- Mountain Biking in Rhodopi Mountains - from 26 EUR
- Plovdiv and Bachkovo Monastery - from 95 EUR
Email the tour operator - One Day Hiking in Bulgarian Rhodopi Mountains
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.