Fishing in Bulgaria
- Price from:
- 10 EUR /person
- under request
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 days
- 1 hour
- Location Start:
- "door to door" service
- Location Finish:
- "door to door" service
- Start time:
- any time
- End time:
- any time
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 01/28/2010
Bulgaria personal fishing guide
I offer personal self experienced fishing tours all around the best fishing spots in the Central Balkan area:
1.& 2.Vidima and Cherni Osum rivers - amazing Barbus Meridionalis Petenyi and grey Mullet fishing
3.Morun dam lake - Pike, Carp, Bass fishing
4.Malinovo dam lake - Carassius Carassius, grey Mullet, Alburnus Alburnus (early spring), Bass fishing
5.Stamboliiski dam lake - Catfish, Carp, Bass, Acertina Cernua, Carassius Carassius, Scardinius Erythrophtalmus (specially in the winter season) fishing
6.Hirevo dam lake - best Carp and Perch fishing
Fishing equipment and boat provided!
If you interested in fishing in any other place around Bulgaria, including the Black Sea coast I can make an individual package for you!
1.Vidima river - it is the largest river in the region of Apriltsi, taking its source from the peak of Botev - 2376 m. above sea level. The river valley is very picturesque, surrounded by thick forest, with long sections of shallow water perfect for fishing!
2.Cherni Osum river - starts from the western part of the Troyanski Balkan, southwest from mountain peak Levski. The river valley of Cherni Osam is narrow, deep with steep rocky slopes, the riverbed is covered with large rocks. The banks of the Cherni Osam River are afforested with beech-tree woods.
3.Morun dam lake - it is situated in the boundaries of an ex-communist residence. Middle size calm waters, with lots of branches. Vast beech and oak forests spread all around. Popular place for organized fishing competitions!
4.Malinovo dam lake - big place with deep waters near the dam. Unwooded shores on the west side and lots of suitable for fishing coves!
5.Stamboliiski dam lake - this is the oldest large (about 20 km. length) dam in Bulgaria, whose building was completed more than 50 years ago. The passionate fans of fishing have been bragging of catching very big catfish and carps in the dam.
6.Hirevo dam lake - beautiful and tranquil small private lake. Very relaxing. Good catch guaranteed!
Location and Fishing Information
In the village of Oreshak you will be accommodated in a typical Bulgarian family house - 'Popovi' guest house. It's a gorgeous place with 2 sunny bedrooms, huge living room with cable TV and Hi-Fi, big garden and really friendly owners! The place is also known under the name of 'Papa Bear' guest house due to endless abundance of home cooked food and home made drinks on the table ...
Papa Bear himself will welcome you with his own made plum Rakia drink (traditional Bulgarian brandy) and Mama Bear will offer you fresh salad of her own grown vegetables!
Best fishing period is March - November, except for the time between April, 15 - June, 6 the fish breeding season.
Some more additional info:
The region of Oreshak is well-known with the limitless possibilities for fishing Carp (Cyprinus Caprio), Pike (Esox Lucius), Catfish (Silurus Glanis), Perch (Lucioperca Lucioperca), Bass (Perca Fluviattlis), grey Mullet (Leuciscus Cephalus) and all sort of small fish species - Barbus Meridionalis Petenyi, Carassius Carassius, Scardinius Erythrophtalmus, Alburnus Alburnus, Acertina Cernua, etc.
- Inclusions -
- fishing guide service + petrol cost
- Exclusions -
- fees, food, drinks and accommodation
- Extras -
- Please note: The price of my personal walking tours is 10 Euro per hour + fuel consumption for my driving tours (air-conditioned car).
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Oreshak
Email the tour operator - Fishing in Bulgaria
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.