Tracing the footprints on the Silk Route
- Price from:
- 900 EUR /person
- + 37491 404697
- + 37410 582475
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 11 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 09.30 am
- End time:
- 05.30 pm
- We Speak:
- Russian, German, Portuguese, French, English, Armenian
Last updated: 09/07/2007
We invite everyone who wishes to learn more about the cultural and historical interactions of West and East to join us in this unique tour. It covers Armenias World Heritage Sights, and more...
Arrival at Yerevan Zvartnots International airport, transfer to the hotel of your choice. Check in, light dinner and overnight
Breakfast at the hotel. Full day in Yerevan: City tour, Matenadaran Institute of ancient manuscripts, Genocide Memorial and museum, Panorama Ground and other places of interest in Yerevan. After light lunch we visit the History Museum. Welcome Dinner at one of the local restaurants
Departure from Yerevan. We begin our journey along the Great Silk Route today: Noravank and Khor Virap. Famous "Armenian BBQ" open - air picnic lunch at Noravank. Continue to Goris via Sisian. En route we visit the Megalithic settlement and observatory of Zorats Kar - Armenia's Stonehenge. Check in at the local hotel and dinner.
Full day program in the vicinity of Goris: Tatev Monastery and cave settlement in Khndzoresk. Dinner at the hotel and overnight.
Check out and trace by the Selima Pass - once the main junction on the Silk road. Stop to visit the best preserved Caravansaray here and continue onto Lake Sevan - the beauty of Armenia's mountains. Check in at one of the local hotels. Dinner and overnight in Sevan
Check out of the hotel. We will continue touring via the North of Armenia after having visited the peninsula of the Lake Sevan. Visit Diljan town resort, Haghartsin. Arrive in Vanadzor. Dinner and o/n at the local hotel
Breakfast at the hotel. Check out from our hotel (for 2 nights). Depart for the North of Armenia to visit Haghpat and Sanahin Monasteries. We will have our lunch at a local restaurant en route and continue to Gyumri. Check in at a local hotel here, dinner and o/n.
Breakfast at the hotel and leave for full day tour programme in Gyumri and its vicinity. Dinner and o/n in Gyumri.
After early breakfast at the hotel we check out and head to Yerevan. Visit Arouj Caravansaray, Castle of Amberd (weather permitting) or medieval monasteries of Saghmosavank and Ohannavank en route. Arrive in Yerevan and check back to the hotel here. Dinner at one of the local restaurants and o/n.
After our usual breakfast at the hotel we visit Echmiatsin and Zvartnots Cathedrals as well as churches of St. St. Hripsimeh and Gayaneh. In the Cathedral of Echmiatsin we shall also visit the museum and see the remains of the Zoroastrian fireplace of pre-Christian period. Return to Yerevan for lunch. Continue tour program and visit Guehard and Hellenistic Temple in Garni (optional A'Capella concert at the sepulchre of the Gueghard Monastery). Return to Yerevan. Farewell Dinner and overnight.
Final departure from Armenia
- Extras -
- Programme is valid for 2 and more persons participating in the tour
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Yerevan
Email the tour operator - Tracing the footprints on the Silk Route
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.