Panama Canal Partial Transit by Ferry
- Price from:
- 115 USD /person
- (507) 6680-8894
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 hours
- Location Start:
- your hotel in Panama City
- Location Finish:
- Your hotel in Panama City
- Start time:
- 08.30 am
- End time:
- 03.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English, French in some cases
Last updated: 07/08/2008
The marvel of the Panama Canal is best seen from a Ferry. Especially since you think this is a once in a lifetime experience.
Our tour starts at the Flamenco Resort and Marina at 10:00 a.m. Passeengers board motor coaches for a 45 minute ride to the town of Gamboa where the Panama Canal Dredging Division is located. Once in Gamboa, passengers board our Ferry to starts the water portion of the tour. We enter the Canal at the North end of the Gailard cut, where the Chagres River flows into the canal. The Gaillard Cut (also known as Culebra Cut because its curves resemble a snake) is one of the main points of interest for visitors because it was carved through the Continental Divide and this section of the Canal is full of history and geological value. The Ferry will travel the Cut's 13.7 kilometers on the way to Pedro Miguel Locks. As you transit the Cut you will be able to appreciate the continuous maintenance that this area requires, because it is very susceptible to landslides.
Before reaching the Pedro Miguel Locks at the southern end of the Cut, you will be able to view the new Centennial Bridge which crosses over the Canal. Next, the Ferry will enter Pedro Miguel Locks, which is one of the two sets of locks on the Pacific side, and here the vessel is lowered 9 meters in one step. You will then enter Miraflores Lake, which is a small artificial body of fresh water that separates Pedro Miguel from Miraflores Locks, the latter being the final set of locks before reaching the Pacific Ocean. At Miraflores Locks the vessel is lowered 18 meters in two distinct steps.
Once in the Ferry, we will sail to the beautiful Flamenco Marina where passengers disembark. On the way to Flamenco, you will pass under the Bridge of the Americas, and later, you will be be able to admire the Bay of Panama and Panama City's splendorous skyline.
- Inclusions -
- transfer from and to your hotel in Panama City
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Panama City
- City Tour - from 35 USD
- Rainforest Tour - from 43 USD
- Monkey Island - from 69 USD
- Whale Watching - from 85 USD
- Fishing - from 175 USD
- Embera Indian Village - from 80 USD
- San Blas - 3 days from 150 USD
- Panama Canal Transit - 7 days from 150 USD
- Sail Panama from the Darien to Contadora - 7 days from 899 USD
- The Trifecta - 11 days from 4250 USD
- Adventure Panama - 8 days from 3250 USD
- Gateway to Panama - 5 days from 1425 USD
- Sailing Charter in Panama - 3 days from 425 USD
- The Panama Canal Watershed & Highlands - 12 days from 1869 USD
- The Golden Pathway to Panama - 6 days from 930 USD
- Watershed Discovery - 8 days from 1755.99 USD
Email the tour operator - Panama Canal Partial Transit by Ferry
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.