- Price from:
- 1390 USD /person
- (507) 314-0068
- (507) 314-1586
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 11 days
- Location Start:
- Panama City
- Location Finish:
- Panama City
- Start time:
- 08.30 am
- We Speak:
- Russian, German, Italian, Spanish, French, English
Last updated: 07/05/2006
A little of everything: On this journey you will see Panamas stunning beaches on both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts, experience an unforgettable encounter with the Chocoe-Embera Indians, then hike
Arrive in Panama City. A representative of EcoCircuitos will meet you at the airport and transfer to a hotel in Panama City. Hotel in the city.
Chagres National Park -
After breakfast visit a paradise found in its purest form. This tour leaves Panama City at 8:30 AM and begins with a ride in a "piragua" (a native boat) following the route commonly used by the Indians for their daily transport along the Chagres River. Then hike through the forest with a local indigenous guide and an expert who will explain the botanical aspects of the trail and the culture of this authentic Chocoe-Embera village. In the village, members of the community will share their culture through dances, rituals, food, etc. You will have the opportunity to partake in "jagua" body painting with vegetable ink. Arrival back to Panama City is estimated at 4:00 PM. Optional: Kayaking the Chagres National Park.
Depart from your hotel early in the morning for a 25-minute flight to Porvenir airstrip on Panama's Atlantic Coast. Transfer by motorized dugout canoe to Nalunega Lodge or Kuna Niskua Lodge. You will visit the Kuna Indians' principal island. This tribe has an ancient and vibrant culture that practices unchanged traditions. You will enjoy beautiful beaches in front of your villa, depending on the lodge. The Lodge has outside fresh water showers and toilets. Lunch and dinner will feature delicious San Blas seafood. Tour a desert island for relaxation on the beach or snorkeling.
Rent (or bring your own) snorkeling gear and explore the beautiful living reefs in San Blas. You can also tour a neighboring island and swim in crystal clear waters. Relax on white-sand beaches or in a hammock under the palms.
Early morning return from San Blas to Panama City. Free afternoon for relaxing by the pool or shopping. Optional: Folkloric show and dinner at Tinajas Restaurant. Overnight at the hotel of your choice in the city.
Early morning transfer by airplane to David in the western province of Chiriqui, bordering Costa Rica. Then transfer by car to the quaint mountain town of Boquete. Enjoy the afternoon in these beautiful highlands hiking, riding or taking another optional tours such as visiting a private flower garden or coffee plantation. Overnight at Villa Marita, Gardens Inn, Hotel Mozart or similar.
After an early breakfast, explore the trails around the Baru Volcano National Park. At an elevation of 7,500 feet, you will have the opportunity to see the elusive and resplendent Quetzal in its mountain habitat of wild orchids and bromelaids. Box lunch in the field. Overnight in Boquete
Breakfast before transferring to a local airport for your flight to Bocas del Toro in the Caribbean. Here you will experience the Afro-Panamanian culture and the Teribe indigenous group. Transfer to Hotel Bahia, Laguna or similar. Rest of the day free for town exploration and optional tours.
After breakfast you will have a tour of Bastimentos Marine National Park for snorkeling. Overnight at Hotel Laguna or similar hotel, in the center of town overlooking the Caribbean.
Breakfast, then return to Panama City where you will be transferred to the hotel of your choice. Free day for town exploration and relaxation.
After breakfast, transfer to international airport for your flight out.
- Inclusions -
- donation fee to the communities
- Extras -
- Children: sharing room with two parents.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Boquete
- Cloud Forest Safari - from 35 USD
- Caldera Hot Springs - from 35 USD
- Wild Coffee - from 58 USD
- Horseback Riding at Nite under the Full Moon - from 105 USD
- Horseback Riding & Hot Springs in Boquete Panama - from 48 USD
- Extreme Coffee Adventure - from 30 USD
- Jungle Safari - from 75 USD
- Wildlife Expedition - from 45 USD
Email the tour operator - Panama Journey
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.