Caldera Hot Springs
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 35 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 hours
- Location Start:
- Boquete, Panama
- Location Finish:
- Boquete, Panama
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 12.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 12/28/2008
There are 3 hot baths, of varying temperatures, at the Caldera Hot Springs. Ample time is provided to lounge in the hot spring, lavish your body with volcanic mud, and bake in the sun.
The VolcÃ¡n BarÃº Boquete (also VolcÃ¡n de Chiriqui) is the tallest mountain in Panama and is 3,474 metres (11,398 ft) high. The last major eruption of the volcano was about 500 AD. There are reports, and some evidence, of a minor eruption around 1550 AD. However, deep in the earth, beneath your feet, the molten rock of the earth's interior still transmits heat upward through sold rock to ground water which has penetrated to that depth. This extremely hot water then forces its way upward through fissures and fractures, warming rocks and water as it goes. Where the hot water can escape at the ground surface, a hot spring is formed. The Caldera Hot Spring is produced by the emergence of geo-thermally-heated groundwater from the earth's crust.
There are 3 hot baths, of varying temperatures, at the Caldera Hot Springs. Ample time is provided to lounge in the hot spring, lavish your body with volcanic mud, bake in the sun, and rinse off in the cool waters of the Chiriqui River. Iguanas, Jesus Christ Lizards (named as they can run across water), Toucans, and an occasional boa can sometimes be spotted.
This expedition includes a hike to the petroglyphs, a few minutes off the main road. All the makings/drawings are on one single rock and depict a variety of animals, spheres and indistinguishable objects. The markings are similar to the Barriles site in Volcan, Panama. The âspiralâ markings, some think, could have been a map, for future travelers.
- Inclusions -
- Snacks, juice, water
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Boquete
- Cloud Forest Safari - from 35 USD
- Wild Coffee - from 58 USD
- Horseback Riding at Nite under the Full Moon - from 105 USD
- Horseback Riding & Hot Springs in Boquete Panama - from 48 USD
- Extreme Coffee Adventure - from 30 USD
- Jungle Safari - from 75 USD
- Wildlife Expedition - from 45 USD
- Panama Journey - 11 days from 1390 USD
Email the tour operator - Caldera Hot Springs
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.