Black Forest Of Nicaragua
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 190 USD /person
- +(505) 2552 4568
- +(505) 2552 6512
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Granada or Managua
- Location Finish:
- Granada or Managua
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
- German, Spanish, French, English
Last updated: 08/10/2009
For those who like to discover Nicaragua 'off the beaten track', this is one of our most interesting journey. We travel to the cool northern mountains of the central region.
We drive from Managua or Granada to the city of Sebaco, where we stop to visit a coffee processing plant and learn about the coffee plantation, processing of the coffee bean and exportation. At Selva Negra (the back forest), we will stay for a night and start our program of numerous activities, including a hike through an impressive mix humid forest containing a diverse vegetation and fauna as in birds, animals (even mountain crabs) can be seen in their wild habitat. The comfortable dining room and individual wooden cabins are especially attractive during the cool evenings.
We continue in a 4x4 vehicle through the green mountainous countryside of the Matagalpa : Jinotega region and spend a day with the farmers of the area. We learn a lot, not only about coffee, reforestation and other agriculture products, but also about the social life on a farm in Nicaragua. Tonight we will stay at the owner's house of Finca La Cumplida and make a complete tour of the facilities.
We transfer back to the air port in Granada.
- Inclusions -
- Breakfast in Selva Negra
- Exclusions -
- Tour in Finca La Hammonia with local guide
- Extras -
- - Mountainous region of the country.
- Tropical vegetation.
- Flora and Fauna.
- Coffee plantation.
- Bird watching.
- Hiking in the forest.
- Fresh climate.
- Daily farmer activity at Finca and contact with the locals.
- Forestation process and agriculture.
Recommended gear: Light clothes, comfortable walking shoes or hiking boots, light rain jacket, flashlight, binoculars, mosquito repellant.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Granada
- Colonial Adventure in Nicaragua - 4 days from 255 USD
Email the tour operator - Black Forest Of Nicaragua
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.