San Lucas Island Day Tour
- Price from:
- 99 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 12 hours
- Location Start:
- Aurola Holiday Inn ( In from of Parque Morazan)
- Location Finish:
- Aurola Holiday Inn
- Start time:
- 07.00 am
- End time:
- 07.30 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 06/22/2010
San Lucas Prison plays an important part in Costa Rican penitentiary history and has a great historical and cultural value: it houses the remains of the biggest criminal centre in the country.
Our tour to San Lucas starts at 7.00 am, when the bus departs from the Holiday Inn, in downtown San Jose. Please note that the bus leaves promptly, you should be ready at least 10 minutes earlier.
We travel down the highway to Puntarenas, on route you will enjoy some great views, particularly when we cross the mountains and begin the drop down to the coastal plain.
On arival in Puntarenas we board the beautiful motor yacht Paradise for the journey across the gulf of Nocoya to the island. The journey takes less than an hour during which we will serve soft drinks, coffee, and fresh fruit.
On arrival on the island you will go on a tour of the old prison buildings, and our experienced (and bi-lingual) guides will explain some of the history and point out areas of interest.
The prison is famous for its graffiti, and our guides will show you the best examples.
Parents with young children will be relieved to know that we know which cells contain the more graphic images and we can easily avoid these when appropriate.
After the tour you will enjoy lunch. freshly prepared BBQ'd fish with rice and vegetables.
With lunch over, we take a gentle stroll along a shaded trail, through the tropical dry forest to Playa el Coco, one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. You can relax, and enjoy the peace, enjoy a swim on the gently sloping beach, or the more adventurous can explore. we carry snorkeling equipment for use by guests.
We leave the beach in the late afternoon to return to the boat.
For the return journey, we sail to the south of the island taking in the great sea viws of the island in the gulf. Enjoy a cocktail or two as the sun gently sets behind the island.
A very special day out. Enjoy a little bit of Costa Rica's recent history, enjoy a secluded island, stroll through tropical dry forest, and enjoy a beautiful beach all in one day. Not forgetting a great sea cruise on the beautiful Paradise. A day you will remember for years.
- Inclusions -
- Luxury Bus Transport
- Exclusions -
- Alcoholic drinks
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in San Jose
- Nature at its Best - 3 days from 250 USD
- Away From The Crowd - 10 days from 1115 USD
- 3 Of The Best Costa Rica Tours Including 4 Nights Accomodation - 4 days from 370 USD
- Costa Rica - 6 days from 50 USD
- Costa Rica Vacations - 8 days from 750 USD
- Costa Rica Gay Holidays - 10 days from 1125 USD
- Costa Rica Biking - 7 days from 689 USD
- Costa Rica Eco Holidays - 8 days from 860 USD
- Costa Rica Ecological Vacations - 9 days from 745 USD
- Costa Rica Travel Coast To Coast - 10 days from 2000 USD
- Costa Rica Vacation Package 1 - 10 days from 1070 USD
Email the tour operator - San Lucas Island Day Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.