Nature at its Best
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 250 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- San Jose
- Location Finish:
- San Jose
- Start time:
- 06.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 08/03/2009
The Tortuguero National Park is most famous for there coastal and marine areas.
The Strong Caribbean currents have provided a long, straight 22 mile expanse of beach which is a favored nesting groun
* You will begin your trip early in the morning between 6:00 A.M to 7:00 A.M (Depending of the hotel you are staying at) from San Jose. You will be traveling with a bilingual naturalist guide on an air-conditioned bus. Drive through Braulio Carrillo National Park, where you have the opportunity to see beautiful views and abundant vegetation.
* Drive through Braulio Carrillo National Park, where you have the opportunity to see beautiful views and abundant vegetation. On the way, you will stop for breakfast at El Ceibo Restaurant for your breakfast; you will continue the trip to Caño Blanco Embarkation
* Navigate through the canals arriving between arriving around 1:00 P.M. once at the lodge, staff will be waiting for you with a refreshing cocktail, your room assignment and the guide will explain the afternoon activities after lunch -the visit to the Turtle Museum of the C.C.C. (Caribbean Conservation Corporation) and to the colorful Tortuguero town.
* Have a one-in-a-lifetime experience in this unique place surrounded by a great variety of flora and fauna of breathtaking beauty.
* After lunch, you will visit the museum, the beach area and the small and picturesque the town of Tortuguero.
* Lodge Dinner served after tour. (B/L/D).
* Breakfast at the lodge
* OPTIONAL MORNING TOUR: Enjoy nature its best as you undertake a journey through the canals at dawn, and take your best short of a real Caribbean sunrise.
* Enjoy the Tortuguero Hill and the well-known Tortuguero Canals enjoy this experience of and its unique magnificent flora and fauna.
* Enjoy a delicious lunch at the lodge.
* Take your time to enjoy our private trails, ride a boat through the canals or just relax.
* *** OPTIONAL NIGHT TOUR*** See Below Walk on the beach and admire the green turtles Nesting (July through September). (B/L/D)
* Breakfast at the lodge.
* Departure to San Jose.
* Lunch en route.
* Arrival in San Jose late afternoon. (B/L)
- Inclusions -
- Round Trip air-conditioned bus from San Jose to Caño Blanco to San Jose
- Exclusions -
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Extras -
- ***Optional Tours***:
Observation of the Turtle nesting from (July to September) $30 per person
Fishing of tarpon, snook, and fat snook, Jacko Bell, among others (on request)
The maximum weight permitted on small boats is 25 pounds per person
The cost of the entrance fee to Tortuguero National Park is $10.00 per person (Pay the Guide directly guide).
The cost of the entrance to the Turtle Museum is $1.00 per person.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in San Jose
- San Lucas Island Day Tour - from 99 USD
- Central Valley ATV Tour - from 110 USD
- Art Tour - from 95 USD
- Best of Costa Rica - from 70 USD
- Away From The Crowd - 10 days from 1115 USD
- 3 Of The Best Costa Rica Tours Including 4 Nights Accomodation - 4 days from 370 USD
- Costa Rica - 6 days from 50 USD
- Costa Rica Vacations - 8 days from 750 USD
- Costa Rica Gay Holidays - 10 days from 1125 USD
- Costa Rica Biking - 7 days from 689 USD
- Costa Rica Eco Holidays - 8 days from 860 USD
- Costa Rica Ecological Vacations - 9 days from 745 USD
- Costa Rica Travel Coast To Coast - 10 days from 2000 USD
- Costa Rica Vacation Package 1 - 10 days from 1070 USD
Email the tour operator - Nature at its Best
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.