Costa Rica Travel Coast To Coast
- Price from:
- 2000 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 08/09/2006
Coast to coast (10days/9nights)
Initiate your adventure on our Caribbean Coast at the Tortuguero Canals having great opportunities for wildlife spotting (two nights), go white-water rafting
Arrival in Costa Rica. Upon your arrival you will be greeted by a Travel in Paradise representative that will assist you with your transfer to your hotel.
You will be picked up at your hotel to take you by bus and later by boat to Tortuguero area. In the morning you will be driving through the Braulio Carrillo National Park**(1), witness of Hollywood's "Jurassic Park" and "Gorillas in the Mist". After a late lunch at Pachira Lodge, visit t the town of Tortuguero. (B,L,D)
Slow moving rivers are the roads in Tortuguero. This day explore Tortuguero National Park **(2) by boat. Your guide will interpret the intricate relationships among the natural components of the tropical rainforest. (B,L,D)
At midmoring your transfer by boat will take you until the dock where by bus you will arrive to the area of Sarapiqui. Accomodations at La Quinta Inn for this night only. Breakfast in Tortuguero, lunch enroute and dinner at La Quinta..(B,L,D)
Birdwatching at La Quinta is a delight. Take advantage before breakfast. This morning enjoy white-water rafting on the Sarapiqui River. (No experience required.) After lunch depart to the area of Arenal Volcano. Overnight at Arenal Paraiso. (B,L,D)
In the morning enjoy an interpretative hike in Arenal Volcano National Park**(3). Then continue to the soothing hot springs at the base of the volcano. In the afternoon swing down the cables at the canopy ride and enjoy the magnificent views at the treetops. (B,L,D)
Move on today from the mountains to the Pacific Coast. Driving along Lake Arenal**(4) , a man made lake to fulfill the needs of hidroelectricity and as an irrigation network for the Pacific dry forest. Arrive in the afternoon at your beach hotel. (B,D)
Enjoy the whole day at the beautiful clear waters of the beach as you please. Your guide will advise on optional activities at additional cost and suggest options for lunch and dinner. (B)
Depart for San Jose. Different landscapes from the dry forest to the mountains and then central valley, rich land for coffee plantations. In the evening farewell your travel companions at a dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)
Departure day. A Travel in Paradise representative will assist you to the airport for your flight back home. (B).
- Extras -
- Transportation: Airport/hotel transfers, land transportation. Accomodations: for 9 nights at Superior Tourist-class hotels, in comfortable rooms with private bath. See descriptions at Hotels. Meals: 9 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners. Taxes of services given.
Sightseeing tours: guided boat rides in the Tortuguero Canals, white water rafting trip, Arenal Nat. Park entrance fee, Hot springs facilities, canopy ride. Services of a bilingual naturalist guide.
Not included: airport taxes, sightseeing or meals not specified in the itinerary, personal equipment, hotel extras (laundry, phone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages), gratuities to guides or driver, personal insurance coverage (recommended).
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in San Jose
- San Lucas Island Day Tour - from 99 USD
- Central Valley ATV Tour - from 110 USD
- Art Tour - from 95 USD
- Best of Costa Rica - from 70 USD
- Nature at its Best - 3 days from 250 USD
- Away From The Crowd - 10 days from 1115 USD
- 3 Of The Best Costa Rica Tours Including 4 Nights Accomodation - 4 days from 370 USD
- Costa Rica - 6 days from 50 USD
- Costa Rica Vacations - 8 days from 750 USD
- Costa Rica Gay Holidays - 10 days from 1125 USD
- Costa Rica Biking - 7 days from 689 USD
- Costa Rica Eco Holidays - 8 days from 860 USD
- Costa Rica Ecological Vacations - 9 days from 745 USD
- Costa Rica Vacation Package 1 - 10 days from 1070 USD
Email the tour operator - Costa Rica Travel Coast To Coast
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.