Best of Costa Rica
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 70 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- San Jose
- Location Finish:
- San Jose
- Start time:
- 06.00 pm
- End time:
- 06.30 pm
- We Speak:
- Dutch, Russian, German, Italian, Spanish, French, English
Last updated: 06/18/2006
A day of pure adventure, nature and ecology visiting the most fascinating destinations within Costa Rica.
We begin our journey driving by the monument "El Agricultor" and the Juan Santamaria International Airport. During the drive you will begin to feel at home in Costa Rica as we enter the City of Alajuela, with the second largest population in the country. The city of Alajuela is proud to display the monument of our National Hero "Juan Santamaria". While appreciating the history of the monument, not far away is the well-known park of "Los Mangos" and the old military headquarters which has been transformed into a museum and school of technical teaching.
As we continue our drive north, we begin to observe the vast difference between the construction of city homes to the ones that encompass the green countryside. These homes are surrounded by strawberry farms, huge ferns, and flower plantations, which compliment the massive coffee fields.
We now begin our assent to the national park where we will soon relax and enjoy an authentic cup of Costa Rican coffee accompanied by a delicious tropical breakfast. You will feel a change in temperature and the lush vegetation becomes apparent, preparing us for the pleasures of the exuberant cloud forest of the Poás Volcano. On a clear day the view of the main crater is admired by all visitors, with its diameter is considered one of the widest in the world. After this we will enjoy a quick hike on a trail which leads us to the Botos Lagoon (an extinct crater), where many different ecosystems exist and where some of the many species of flora and fauna of this cloud forest can be observed. After leaving the National Park we will be able to observe some dairy farms which have become the pride of Costa Ricans, due to the quality and the rich tasting products that are currently being exported to several other Latin American countries.
As we continue towards the Caribbean zone, we will stop to discover La Paz Waterfall Gardens, a Nature Park where we will walk on the truly spectacular trails that will lead us to Magia Blanca Falls (the largest and the most spectacular of the falls in the area). At the Park you will also witness the largest enclosed butterfly observatory in the world with a beautiful collection of tropical jewels. After a terrific lunch we will continue to Sarapiquí and on our way we come across the La Paz Waterfall, where we take some time to enjoy the splendid view. Less than a mile away we will encounter yet another waterfall surrounded by virgin forest, which becomes a great photo opportunity.
As our journey continues we have the pleasure of observing the unique characteristics of the Atlantic area. We come across quaint towns and farmhouses that are encompassed by beautiful pineapple, yuca, coco, and heart of palm plantations. One could never miss the tropical plants that enhance this picturesque view. Once we arrive at Puerto Viejo (Old Port), we will be ready to enjoy a relaxing boat ride on the Sarapiquí River, just sit back and observe the wildlife that is around you. The monkeys, iguanas, crocodiles, and the variety of birds will allow you to relax and concentrate on the scenery. During the boat ride our guide will also explain to us about life style of the friendly people that live at the river margins. Before returning to San Jose we will drive through the unforgettable rain forest of Braulio Carrillo National Park, one of the most important rainforest reserves for Costa Rica.
INCLUDES: Breakfast, visit to coffee fields, Poás Volcano National Park craters and cloud forest trails, Botos Lagoon, visit to La Paz Waterfall Gardens Nature Park and all its natural wonders,La Paz, Magia Blanca and San Fernando Falls. lunch, jungle ride on the Sarapiquí River, visit to a butterfly and tropical frogs garden, snacks, and sightseeing the 45,899 ha. Braulio Carrillo National Park.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in San Jose
- San Lucas Island Day Tour - from 99 USD
- Central Valley ATV Tour - from 110 USD
- Art Tour - from 95 USD
- Nature at its Best - 3 days from 250 USD
- Away From The Crowd - 10 days from 1115 USD
- 3 Of The Best Costa Rica Tours Including 4 Nights Accomodation - 4 days from 370 USD
- Costa Rica - 6 days from 50 USD
- Costa Rica Vacations - 8 days from 750 USD
- Costa Rica Gay Holidays - 10 days from 1125 USD
- Costa Rica Biking - 7 days from 689 USD
- Costa Rica Eco Holidays - 8 days from 860 USD
- Costa Rica Ecological Vacations - 9 days from 745 USD
- Costa Rica Travel Coast To Coast - 10 days from 2000 USD
- Costa Rica Vacation Package 1 - 10 days from 1070 USD
Email the tour operator - Best of Costa Rica
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.