Actun Tunichil Muknal
- Price from:
- 175 USD /person
- ++ (501) 670-8687
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 06.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English, Mopan Maya, German
Last updated: 08/16/2006
Travel back in time and follow pathways used by the Maya and discover lost worlds that have been hidden deep within the jungle for centuries.
Travel back in time and follow pathways used by the Maya and discover lost worlds that have been hidden deep within the jungle for centuries. Take a tour with us as we unveil the mysteries and secrets of the Maya underworld.Witness spectacular visions of the jungle, Maya Mountains and wildlife while trekking across rivers and remote jungle trails. We will take you back over 2,000 years in history as you learn about the Maya and witness first hand how the Ancients used these amazing caverns. See Burial chambers with calcified remains; ceremonial vessels and more. Observe numerous cultural artifacts that was once used by the Maya centuries ago. the Maya centuries ago.
Artifacts are often looted from caves following their discovery. Because of this, passage through this cave remains known to only to a select few guides who have permission from the Belize Department of Archeology to take visitors to this special cave. To this day the cave has not been looted and nearly all of the cultural artifacts have remained in place as they were originally found in 1989.
- Extras -
- Wahat to bring along!! Camera, Insect Repellent, Sun Block, Good Hiking Shoes, Extra Dry Clothes.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Placencia
- Xunatunich Maya Tour - from 115 USD
Email the tour operator - Actun Tunichil Muknal
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.