- Price from:
- 48 USD /person
- +84-4 37326155
- +84-4 37325735
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Hoi An
- Location Finish:
- Hoi An
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 04.30 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 11/27/2008
he town of Hoi An, known as Faifo in Europe, played a central role in the commerce between Vietnam and the rest of the world from the 16th to the 19th century
We start the day (8am) with a welcome drink at Hai CafÃ©
(98 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Hoi An Ancient Town,) â our meeting point.
Travel by minivan (10 mins) to Tra Que Organic Village, and walk through the market gardens where local farmers work their fields using the traditional methods of hundreds of years ago - no electrical machinery here. We pick fresh saw-tooth coriander and Vietnamese mint for our cooking lesson later, before trying a special herbal drink at a local home.
To the local village market and with shopping list in hand we purchase a range of local ingredients, including star anise, cardamom, sesame rice paper, water spinach and banana flower.
Arriving at Red Bridge Cooking School we have a chance to freshen up before beginning our class. Working together with our Red Bridge Chef we learn the traditional ways of preparing and cooking Vietnamese food from scratch. Using the freshest ingredients and traditional Vietnamese utensils (still in use today) we cook 4 famous dishes, including the national dish âPho'.
After the class we sit down and a chance to savour the dishes we have prepared.
Leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River back to central Hoi An. Recipes:
+ Beef Noodle Soup (Pho) â includes the making of fresh rice noodles
+ Clay Pot Fish with Fresh Dill (Cha Ca)
+ Lemongrass Shrimp grilled in Banana Leaves (Tom Nuong La Chuoi)
+ Grilled Chicken and Banana Flower Salad (Goi Hoa Chuoi Ga Nuong)
Bring your swimsuit and after the cooking tour has finished relax and enjoy free use of our new 20 metre swimming pool
- Inclusions -
- 1 Drink (non-alcoholic) at Hai CafÃ© - extra drinks at Red Bridge will be charged for.
- Exclusions -
- Departure airport tax
- Extras -
- Further Junk & Tour information, Please contact us +84.0915454522 for assistance.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Hoi An
- Hoi An - Tra Kieu - My Son (Heritage Road of central Vietnam) - from 10 USD
- Impression of Cham island - from 27 USD
- Cinnamon cooking cruise - from 25 USD
- Cinnamon sunset dinner cruise - from 20 USD
- Hoi An - World heritage of My Son - Cooking cruise _ Hoi An - from 29 USD
- Full Day City and My Son Tour - from 105 USD
- Vietnam Life in Hoian - from 55 USD
- Hoi An cooking class tour - from 52 USD
- Full day Tour of Hoi An Ancient Town - from 60 USD
- Half day Trip to My Son Sanctuary - from 40 USD
- Eco Fishing Tour - from 25.5 USD
- Eco Farming Tour - from 25.5 USD
- Eco Sunrise Tour - from 27.5 USD
Email the tour operator - Savour Hoian
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.