Vietnam Train Odyssey
- Price from:
- 2189 GBP /person
- 0845 638 1415
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 05/22/2009
Vietnam from north to south - travel the length of the country by train, from Saigon to Nha Trang, to Hoi An and Hue, Hanoi, Halong Bay and Sapa in the mountainous north. Fr Â£2189 per person.
Arrive in Saigon and stay overnight in a comfortable hotel.
The following day we take a full day to explore this bustling and at times frenetic Asia city. Our tour starts with the city attractions and goes on to explore the Cu Chi Tunnels of Vietnam War fame.
Your second day in Vietnam is spent exploring the Mekong Delta area, by boat. Known as the breadbasket of Vietnam, life is conducted in the Mekong Delta on and around the waterways. At the end of the day you will be transferred to the train station for the first of your overnight sleeper trains.
Met on arrival in Nha Trang and transferred to your beach hotel. The day is then spent on a simple fishing boat exploring the numerous islands just off shore from Nha Trang. Some are inhabited and we will have the opportunity to stop at some. Lunch is provided.
You will have a full day to enjoy the beach, relax and make the most of the beautiful beach.
An early start for the morning train up the coast to Danang. Meet guide and transfer to your hotel, stopping in Hoi An for an exploration of this fine old town.
A free to explore this fascinating area â explore the countryside by bike, visit the majestic Cham ruins at My Son or enjoy the fine beach.
A free day in Hoi An.
This morning is the highlight of the train journeys. This short section of the track, over Cloudy Pass to Hue is the finest in the country â and the views from the train carriages are just magnificent. On arrival at Hue you will be transferred to your resort where you can relax for the rest of the afternoon.
Take a cruise down the Perfume River to the Imperial Citadel and the Thien Mu Pagoda. There is time to explore Hue and sample the
A free day in Hue
On arrival in Hanoi you be transferred to your hotel where you will have the morning to freshen up. During the afternoon we will do an orientation tour of this wonderful Asia city.
It is an early start for the transfer by road (note for the very keen this also can be done by train) to your embarkation point for the overnight cruise on Halong Bay.
The Bai Tho cruise is small and luxurious and they try and take you away from the main routes. The cruise itself last 24 hours and on finishing you will be taken to the train station for your journey to Sapa via Hanoi.
Your overnight sleeper is the Fanxipan Express and on arrival in Lai Cai first thing you will be transferred to your base for the next two days, the fantastic Topas Eco Lodge. From here you can trek into the surrounding valleys, explore the way of life of the many ethnic minorities of the area and generally soak up the peaceful atmosphere.
Return to Hanoi on the overnight train and spend one last day exploring the winding streets of old Hanoi, before sadly, flying back to the UK.
This is an abridged version of the tour. Full details available on request. We would be delighted to adjust this tour in any way you like - please talk to one of our expert consultants.
- Extras -
- - The complete Vietnam Discovery tour
- Trains â€' the best way to experience the country
- Halong Bay Cruise
- Great hotels
- Fr. Â£2189 per person
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Ho Chi Minh
- Halfday Cu Chi Tunnel with Jeeps - from 49 USD
- Cai Be & Vinh Long - from 28 USD
- Saigon & Vung Tau Day Trip - from 178 USD
- Ho Chi Minh City Tour - from 59 USD
- Full day Tour to Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple - from 68 USD
- Full day Ho Chi Minh City Tour - from 50 USD
- Half day Ho Chi Minh City Tour - from 23 USD
- Cu Chi City Ho Chi Minh - from 24 USD
- Discover Mekong - from 55 USD
- Vibrant Saigon SGN - from 35 USD
- HoChiMInh Con Dao Tour - 6 days from 494 USD
- Vietnam Overview 12 Day - 12 days from 730 USD
- Sa Dec Can Tho My Tho - 3 days from 167 USD
- Vietnam Mekong Delta Aventure Tour - 3 days from 175 USD
- Cycle Tour of the Mekong Delta of Vietnam - 2 days from 135 USD
- Mekong Delta 6 Day Tour - 6 days from 157 USD
- Mekong Delta Trip 2 Days - 2 days from 68 USD
- Jeep Tour Two Days Exploring Mekong Delta - 2 days from 116 USD
- A Vietnam Classic - 16 days from 1699 GBP
- Mekong Explorer - 4 days from 312 USD
- Jeep Tour Five Days Southern Highlights - 5 days from 412 USD
- HOCHIMINH CUCHI VUNGTAU 4days Hochiminh Cuchi Vungtau 4 Days - 4 days from 102 USD
- Vietnam Cambodia Bike Ride - 8 days from 888 USD
- Good Morning Vietnam - 10 days from 788 USD
- Saigon Pearl of the Far East - 5 days from 230 USD
- Delta Floating Market - 2 days from 185 USD
- Ho Chi Minh Cat Tien National Park - 2 days from 95 USD
- Cyling Mekong Delta - 3 days from 210 USD
- Mekong Delta Tours - 7 days from 165 USD
- Vietnam Veteran Tour 9 Days - 9 days from 509 USD
- KTV241 Central Highland Epic 9days - 9 days from 1089 USD
- KTV207 Ho Chi Minh or Ha Noi Da Nang Hue Hoi An 5days - 5 days from 399 USD
- KTV208 Ho Chi Minh City Cu Chi Da Lat Nha Trang 7 days - 7 days from 460 USD
- KTV 209 The South and Centre of Vietnam 12days - 12 days from 1125 USD
- Discover Southern Vietnam Tours - 4 days from 169 USD
- Mekong River By Song Xanh Cruises 2days - 2 days from 165 USD
- Sai Gon & Da Lat & Nha Trang & Mui Ne & Sai Gon - 6 days from 141 USD
- Saigon & Dalat & Nhatrang & Saigon - 5 days from 163 USD
- Saigon & Dalat & Saigon Sightseeing Tour - 3 days from 82 USD
- Saigon & Mytho & Bentre & Cantho & Chaudoc & Saigon - 3 days from 42 USD
- My Tho & Ben Tre & Can Tho & Cai Rang Floating Market - 2 days from 29 USD
- Vietnam Cities and Beaches 11 Days - 11 days from 837 USD
- Mui Ne Break Holiday 6 Days - 6 days from 433 USD
- Mekong Biking - 7 days from 1309 USD
- Ct5 Flavor Of Viet Nam 14 Days 13 Nights - 14 days from 1759 USD
- Dreamy Beaches and Sand Dunes - 3 days from 69 GBP
- Saigon and the Mekong - 5 days from 150 GBP
- Golfers Delight Dalat Phan Thiet 8D7N - 8 days from 1410 USD
- The Waterways of the Mekong Delta 3D2N - 3 days from 490 USD
- Bassac Mekong Delta Cruise - 2 days from 360 USD
- Best Of South 8 Days - 8 days from 466 USD
- Highlights and Palm Island - 18 days from 887 GBP
- Ho Chi Minh Cu Chi Tayninh Vung Tau Mekong Delta - 7 days from 239 USD
- Overnight On The Mekong - 2 days from 255 USD
- Vietnams Southern Charms - 5 days from 1235 USD
- Taste of Vietnam - 10 days from 669 USD
- Vietnam Motorcycle Tours - 7 days from 1050 USD
- Unlock Saigon and the Mekong Delta - 4 days from 175 USD
- Hochiminh Cuchi - 3 days from 166 USD
- Saigon Cuchi Vinhlong - 4 days from 212 USD
- Hochiminh Cuchi Dalat - 6 days from 237 USD
- Saigon Cuchi Vung Tau Vinh Long Tour - 5 days from 221 USD
- Saigon Phanthiet Tour - 5 days from 228 USD
- Hanoi Halong Saigon Vinh Long Tour - 7 days from 284 USD
- Vietnam Hidden Charm - 10 days from 881 USD
- A Gourmets Vietnam - 9 days from 613 GBP
- Tranquil Phu Quoc Beach - 4 days from 205 USD
- Fantastic Sightseeing in South Vietnam - 5 days from 229 USD
- Capture Pleasant Features of South Vietnam - 5 days from 241 USD
- Weekend Escape in South Vietnam - 3 days from 141 USD
- Motorcycle Cruising in South Vietnam - 8 days from 477 USD
- Cruise in Indochina - 2 days from 149 USD
- Saigon Weekend - 4 days from 335 USD
- Sapa Weekend - 4 days from 407 USD
- Motorcycling the Ho Chi Minh Trail - 11 days from 1189 USD
- Essential Vietnam - 8 days from 690 USD
Email the tour operator - Vietnam Train Odyssey
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.