Historical Spots of Uzbekistan
- Price from:
- 367 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 06/17/2007
Tour around Uzbekistan - the crossroad of The Great Silk Road, the land of the ancient culture and the great historical values. Many of its cities have centuries and millenniums.
Evening arrival to Tashkent - the capital of Uzbekistan. Transfer to the hotel and accommodation. Rest after a long flight.
Early breakfast in the hotel. Transfer to airport at 05:50. Departure to Urgench by flight HY1051 at 07:00. At 08:40 arrival to Urgench - the administration centre of Khorezm region. Transfer to Khiva - the only "Museum under the open sky" in Central Asia that is completely preserved up to nowadays (35 km, 30 min). Accommodation at the hotel, located inside or nearby "Ichan-Qala" - the historical center of Khiva which was inscribed into UNESCO World Heritage List. City tour around architectural complex "Ichan-Qala" (12-19th cc): "Kunya-Ark" khan's castle - the inner citadel of Ichan-Qala (16-17th cc), "Kalta Minor Tower" ("Short minaret") that should have become the biggest and highest minaret in Central Asia (19th c), "Muhammad Amin-Khan" - the biggest medieval medressa in Khiva (1845-1855), "Djuma Mosque" with 220 wooden columns and minaret 32,5 m height (10th c), "Tash-Hauli" ("Stone courtyard") palace looking like a fortress with a high battlements, towers and fortified gates (19th c), "Ak-Mosque" ("White Mosque") - a small quarter mosque by the gates of Palvan-Darvaza (1838-1842), necropolis of Pahlavan Mahmud - the cultic center of Ichan-Qala (1810-1913 cc), residence of Islam Khodja (1910 y) - the vizier of last khan. Ensemble consists of the smallest in Khiva medressa and the minaret, which top platform has a height 45 m and is the highest observation point in town. Free time. Overnight in Khiva.
Breakfast. Coach trip to Bukhara via Kizil-Kum desert along Caravan road (480 km, 5-7 hrs). Lunch box on the way at local cafe Shavkat. Arrival to Sacred Bukhara - one of the most esteemed cities of Islamic civilization. Hotel accommodation. Splendid herbal teas in the spice cafe "Silk Road Spices". Free time for rest and walking through the old streets of Bukhara. Dinner in traditional Uzbek house. One of "1000 & 1 nights" in Bukhara.
Breakfast. City tour: mausoleum of the Samanids - the most ancient of Central Asia brick building, a masterpiece of world architecture (9-10th c), mausoleum Chashma Ayub that belongs to esteemed "places of trace" left by saint persons (14th c). The legend says that once the bible prophet Job (Ayub) visited this place. Visit to museums of Imam Al Bukhari and "The Museum of Water". "Bolo-Houz Mosque" - the only monument of medieval Bukhara (beg. of 20th c), Ark - the center of Bukhara statehood (4th c BC), silk carpet shops, complex "Poi Kalon" ("Beneath the Great"): "Kalyan Minaret" - the main symbol of sacred Bukhara that symbolized authority and power of spiritual governors. (12th c), "Kalyan Mosque"- its area of 130x80 m surpasses Bibi-Khanym mosque in Samarkand, "Miri Arab Madrassah" - active madrassah is one of the most esteemed spiritual Islamic universities (16th c), "Taki Zargaron" - the dome of jewelers (15-16th cc), "Ulugbeg Madrassah" - one of the 3 madrassahs constructed by grandson of Tamerlan - Ulugbeg (15th c), "Abdulaziz-khan Madrassah" - traditional madrassah with 2 floors of hudjras and mosque on the central axis ( mid. of 17th c), Tim of Abdullah-Khan madrassah (1588-1590), atlas shops, "Magoki-Attari Mosque" - the most ancient mosque of Bukhara (12th c) is considered a masterpiece of Bukhara architecture, "Khanaka and madrassah of Nadir Divan-Beghi" - a massive rectangular structure that was a place for staying and meditation of Sufis (17th c), "Kukeldash Madrassah" (16th c) - one of the biggest Bukhara madrassah, "Lyabi-Hauz" ensemble - the largest artificial reservoir of medieval Bukhara - is very popular among tourists (14-17th cc), "Chor Minor" ("Four minarets") is an unusual madrassah built by Caliph Niyazkul (18th c). Overnight in quite and cozy Bukhara hotel.
Breakfast. Transfer to Samarkand via Shakhrisabz - the unique monument of town-planning and architecture (270 km, 3.5 hrs). Shakhrisabz tour: ruins of "Ak-Saray Palace" - Tamerlan's summer residence that shocked the imagination of contemporaries (14-15th c), "Jahongir Mausoleum"- mausoleum of Tamerlan's eldest and favourite son (14th c), complex "Dor-ut Saodat": "Khazratiy Imam Mosque" - the multi-stage mosque with domical hall with decorated ayvans (14th c), "Gumbazi-Seiidan" - maosoleum of possible offspring's of Temur, "Kok Gumbaz Mosque" ("Blue dome") - was built by Ulugbek on behalf of his farther Shahruh (15th c). The Golden Road to the historical town of Samarkand - a crossroad of the world's cultures, one of the most ancient cities in the world (90 km, 1.5 hrs). Hotel accommodation and free time. Overnight in the city that is coeval with ancient Rome and has more, than 2500-year history.
Breakfast. City tour: "Gur Emir Mausoleum" - Tamerlan's tomb (14-15th c) that was build for Temur's grandson Muhammad-Sultan and tombs of three other Temurids - sons of Temur - Miranshah and Shahruh and his grandson Ulugbek, "Ruhabad Mausoleum" ("House of Spirit") - the legend says that under the dome there is a box with seven hairs of Prophet Muhammad (14th c), "Registan Square" ("A sandy place") - the major square of Samarkand: "Ulugbeg Medressa" - Sheikh Khodja Akhrar and poet Djami were among outstanding graduates of the medressa (15th c), "Sher-Dor Medressa" ("Having tigers") (17th c.), "Tillya-Kari Medressa" ("Coated by gold") - the richest gilding on the dome, walls and mihrab surpassed all famous buildings in Central Asia (17th c). A mosque named after Hazret-Hyzr - an Islamic saint and eternal wanderer. He was esteemed as giving richness and good luck in far voyages and trade (19th c), cathedral mosque "Bibi-Khanym" that was named after the oldest wife of Tamerlan (14th c), an architectural complex "Shahi-Zinda" ("Alive king") - necropolis on the slope of the Afrosiab hill is connected with Kusam ibn Abbas - the cousin of Prophet Muhammad (11-15th c), Siab market place. Free time to spend at leisure. Overnight in the capital of Tamerlane's Empire.
Breakfast. On the way to Tashkent (315 km, 5 hrs) you can visit memorial complex of outstanding Sunni theologian Imam Mukhammad al-Bukhari (died in 870) and the biggest observatory of 15th c. built by Ulugbeg. Arrival to the capital of Uzbekistan and hotel accommodation. City tour around Tashkent: "New Tashkent Television Tower" - the highest in Central Asia and the eights in the world - 375 m, "Memories to Victims of Repressions" - the memorial complex and museum, "Monument of Courage" - the epicenter of Tashkent earthquake of 1966 (1976 y). Old part of the city: an architectural complex "Khazret-Imam" incl. necropolis of imam Abu Bakr Muhammad al-Kaffal Shashi who was one of the first Muslim imams and famous divine and poet (16th c), "Barak-khan Medressa" - built by Suyunidj-khan - the first ruler of Uzbek dynasty of Sheibanid's (16th c), "Tellya Sheikh Medressa" also called "Khast Imom Mosque" where Osman Quran - the world's oldest is kept (19th c), "Mui-Mubarak Medressa (19th c)", "Juma Mosque" (15-19th cc), Imam Ismail al Bukhari Islamic Institute - a two year post-medressa academy, "Hadra" square, "Kukeldash Medressa" ("Foster brother") - was built by Kukekdash - the vizier of Tashkent khans (16th c), "Jami Mosque"- the third biggest mosque in Uzbekistan, "Chorsu" - oriental bazaar, "Friendship of People" square, "National park", "Abdulkasim Medressa" now is the centre for traditional arts with attractive souvenirs by local artisans (19th c). Farewell dinner in traditional Uzbek restaurant. Overnight in Tashkent.
Breakfast. Transfer to Tashkent Airport for morning flight to next destination, good bye to the wonderful land, back to monotony with the intention of coming back again.
- Extras -
- Price include: Double accommodation as per the list provided; All transfers by A/C Daewoo "Nexia" - 4 seats up to 2 pax, Ssang Young "Istana" - 11 seats or Hyundai "Starex" - 8 seats up to 9 pax; Local tour guide in every city; Breakfast in the hotels, dinner in traditional Uzbek house in Bukhara; Entrance fees for the museums and monuments indicated in the main program; Farewell dinner in Tashkent; Mineral water during the transfers.
Price does not include: Airfare of flights your city - Tashkent and back; Airfare for domestic flight HY Tashkent - Urgench; Lunches and dinners; Fees for additional services in the hotels; Alcoholic and soft drinks; Tips to local staff; Camera/Video fees.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Tashkent
- History Culture Leisure - 7 days from 470 USD
- Sogdiana is the jam of Orient - 15 days from 810 EUR
- Along The Way Of The Ancient Caravans - 15 days from 805 EUR
- Pamir Highway - 16 days from 2405 EUR
- Program of ascention to Lenin Peak 7134 m - 21 days from 700 EUR
- Cascket Of The Oriental Adventures - 15 days from 620 EUR
- To The Heart Of Tamerlanes Empire - 8 days from 405 EUR
- Oriental Dastarkhan - 9 days from 950 USD
- Navrouz is oriental New Year Holiday - 9 days from 825 USD
- Heart Of Uzbekistan - 9 days from 625 USD
- Skiing in Uzbekistan - 8 days from 300 EUR
- Heliskiing in Uzbekistan - 8 days from 1750 EUR
- Around the Ancient Cities of the Orient - 5 days from 213 USD
- Heart of the Great Silk Road - 7 days from 599 USD
- History of Uzbekistan - 8 days from 550 USD
- Pearls of Uzbekistan - 5 days from 480 USD
- UZB 03 Adventure in Uzbekistan - 15 days from 900 USD
- GSR 01 Great Silk Road - 13 days from 1080 USD
- UZB 02 All Uzbekistan - 15 days from 1030 USD
- UZB 01 Along the ancient cities of the East - 8 days from 520 USD
Email the tour operator - Historical Spots of Uzbekistan
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.