GSR 01 Great Silk Road
- Price from:
- 1080 USD /person
- +99871 1735107
- +99871 1730871
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 13 days
- Location Start:
- Ashgabat. Turkmenistan.
- Location Finish:
- Kyrgyz-Chinese border
- We Speak:
- Russian, German, Italian, Spanish, French, English, Chinese, Turkish
Last updated: 06/25/2006
This interesting trip goes along the central part of the Great Silk Road on the territory of 4 republics - Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan and finishes at Kyrgyzstan - China border
(Saturday) Arrival at Ashgabad. Sightseeing - Old Nisa, National museum of Turkmenistan, carpets museum.
Sunday bazaar in Ashgabad. Flight to Tashahuz. Sightseeing in Kuhnya-Urgench - Fakhr-ad-din mausoleum, Tekesh mausoleum, Tjurebek-khanum, Nadim-ad-din Kubra 12-13 cc. Transfer to Khiva.
Sightseeing in Khiva - Ichan-Kala - inner cite of ancient settlement, Mohammed-Amin Khan madrassah and minaret (XIX c.), Kunya Ark - Old fortress (XVII c.), Pakhlavan Mahmud complex (XIV-XIX cc.), Islam Khodja madrassah & Minaret (1908), Jumma mosque (X-XVIII cc.), Tash Hauli Allakuli-Khan Palace (XVIII-XIX cc.), Bazaar - where you can see well-known Khiva carpets.
Transfer to Bukhara.
Full day sightseeing in Bukhara - Chashma Ayub Mazar (graveyard) (XIV-XIX), Poi-Kalan complex (XII-XVI c.), Ulugbek madrassah (it that was built by grandson of Tamerlan - Ulugbek - distinguished mathematician and astronomer), Lyabi-Hauz complex (XVI-XVII c.), Samanid's Mausoleum (IX-X c.); Nadir Divanbegi Madrassah, built in 1630, Ark - ancient fortress (VI-VII c.).
Transfer to Samarkand (300km).
Full day sightseeing in Samarkand - Guri-Emir mausoleum - of Timur and the Timurids -XV c., Rukhabad necropolis (XV c.); Registan square - ensemble of majestic madrassahs (XV-XVII c.) ranks first in Central Asia , Bibi-Khanum the gigantic congregational mosque (XV c.), Ulugbek observatory (1420.) - the remains of an immense (30 m. tall) astrolabe for observing star position, Shakhi-Zinda (The Living King) necropolis of Samarkand rulers and nobles, bazaar.
Transfer to Tashkent (300km). Half days sightseeing in Tashkent - the old city, Barak-Khan madrassa (XVI c.)- founded in the 16 century by a descendent of Tamerlane who ruled Tashkent for the Shaybanid dynasty, Yunus-Khan mausoleum, Kaffal-al-Shashi Mazar - the grave of a local doctor, philosopher and pet who lived from 904 to 979, Kukeldash madrassah (XVIII) - built in the mid-16 century by the ruler's vizier Kukaldash, after secular use as a Soviet warehouse and museum, museum of Applied Art, square of Independence, Friendship peoples square, metro, the building of National Theatre of opera and ballet.
Transfer to Chimkent (120km) and further to Almaty by train.
Sightseeing in Almaty and environs - the park of 28 Panfilov`s guardsmen, the wooden cathedral, St. Nicalo`s, the museum of National Musical instruments, skating-ring Medeo, Kok-Tube hill, local bazaar.
Transfer to Bishkek - the capital of Kyrgyzstan. Sightseeing - Historical Museum, Museum of fine arts, National park Ala-Archa.
Transfer to Naryn
Transfer Naryn -Torugart. Crossing Kyrgyzstan - Chinese border.
- Extras -
- Prices vary depending on client's preferences. Don't hesitate to contact us for details
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Tashkent
- History Culture Leisure - 7 days from 470 USD
- Sogdiana is the jam of Orient - 15 days from 810 EUR
- Along The Way Of The Ancient Caravans - 15 days from 805 EUR
- Pamir Highway - 16 days from 2405 EUR
- Program of ascention to Lenin Peak 7134 m - 21 days from 700 EUR
- Cascket Of The Oriental Adventures - 15 days from 620 EUR
- To The Heart Of Tamerlanes Empire - 8 days from 405 EUR
- Oriental Dastarkhan - 9 days from 950 USD
- Navrouz is oriental New Year Holiday - 9 days from 825 USD
- Heart Of Uzbekistan - 9 days from 625 USD
- Skiing in Uzbekistan - 8 days from 300 EUR
- Heliskiing in Uzbekistan - 8 days from 1750 EUR
- Around the Ancient Cities of the Orient - 5 days from 213 USD
- Historical Spots of Uzbekistan - 8 days from 367 USD
- Heart of the Great Silk Road - 7 days from 599 USD
- History of Uzbekistan - 8 days from 550 USD
- Pearls of Uzbekistan - 5 days from 480 USD
- UZB 03 Adventure in Uzbekistan - 15 days from 900 USD
- UZB 02 All Uzbekistan - 15 days from 1030 USD
- UZB 01 Along the ancient cities of the East - 8 days from 520 USD
Email the tour operator - GSR 01 Great Silk Road
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.