Around the Ancient Cities of the Orient
- Price from:
- 213 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- Location Start:
- Tashkent city
- Location Finish:
- Tashkent city
- We Speak:
- Russian, German, Italian, Spanish, French, English, Dutch
Last updated: 06/17/2007
Intensive tour around the greatest cities of Orient - Tashkent, Urgench, Khiva, Bukhara, Samarkand, consists of combination of historical and architectural components.
Evening arrival to Tashkent - the capital of Uzbekistan. Transfer to the hotel and accommodation. Rest after a long flight.
Early breakfast in the hotel. Transfer to airport at 05:50. Departure to Urgench by flight HY1051 at 07:00. At 08:40 arrival to Urgench - the administration centre of Khorezm region. Transfer to Khiva - the only "Museum under the open sky" in Central Asia that is completely preserved up to nowadays (35 km, 30 min). Accommodation at the hotel, located inside or nearby "Ichan-Qala" - the historical center of Khiva which was inscribed into UNESCO World Heritage List. City tour around architectural complex "Ichan-Qala" (12-19th cc): "Kunya-Ark" khan's castle - the inner citadel of Ichan-Qala (16-17th cc), "Kalta Minor Tower" ("Short minaret") that should have become the biggest and highest minaret in Central Asia (19th c), "Muhammad Amin-Khan" - the biggest medieval medressa in Khiva (1845-1855), "Djuma Mosque" with 220 wooden columns and minaret 32,5 m height (10th c), "Tash-Hauli" ("Stone courtyard") palace looking like a fortress with a high battlements, towers and fortified gates (19th c), "Ak-Mosque" ("White Mosque") - a small quarter mosque by the gates of Palvan-Darvaza (1838-1842), necropolis of Pahlavan Mahmud - the cultic center of Ichan-Qala (1810-1913 cc), residence of Islam Khodja (1910 y) - the vizier of last khan. Ensemble consists of the smallest in Khiva medressa and the minaret, which top platform has a height 45 m and is the highest observation point in town. Free time. Overnight in Khiva.
Breakfast. Starting at 05:00 coach trip to Bukhara via Kizil-Kum desert along Caravan road (480 km, 5-7 hrs). Lunch box on the way at local cafe Shavkat. Arrival to Sacred Bukhara - one of the most esteemed cities of Islamic civilization. Hotel accommodation. Splendid herbal teas in the spice cafe "Silk Road Spices". Afternoon city tour: mausoleum of the Samanids - the most ancient of Central Asia brick building, a masterpiece of world architecture (9-10th c), mausoleum Chashma Ayub that belongs to esteemed "places of trace" left by saint persons (14th c). The legend says that once the bible prophet Job (Ayub) visited this place. "Bolo-Houz Mosque" - the only monument of medieval Bukhara (beg. of 20th c), silk carpet shops, complex "Poi Kalon" ("Beneath the Great"): "Kalyan Minaret" - the main symbol of sacred Bukhara that symbolized authority and power of spiritual governors. (12th c), "Kalyan Mosque"- its area of 130x80 m surpasses Bibi-Khanym mosque in Samarkand, "Miri Arab Madrassah" - active madrassah is one of the most esteemed spiritual Islamic universities (16th c), "Taki Zargaron" - the dome of jewelers (15-16th cc), "Ulugbeg Madrassah" - one of the 3 madrassahs constructed by grandson of Tamerlan - Ulugbeg (15th c), "Abdulaziz-khan Madrassah" - traditional madrassah with 2 floors of hudjras and mosque on the central axis ( mid. of 17th c), Tim of Abdullah-Khan madrassah (1588-1590), atlas shops, "Magoki-Attari Mosque" - the most ancient mosque of Bukhara (12th c) is considered a masterpiece of Bukhara architecture, "Khanaka and madrassah of Nadir Divan-Beghi" - a massive rectangular structure that was a place for staying and meditation of Sufis (17th c), "Kukeldash Madrassah" (16th c) - one of the biggest Bukhara madrassah, "Lyabi-Hauz" ensemble - the largest artificial reservoir of medieval Bukhara - is very popular among tourists (14-17th cc). Overnight in quite and cozy Bukhara hotel.
Breakfast. At 06:00 a transfer to the historical town of Samarkand - a crossroad of the world's cultures, one of the most ancient cities in the world (268 km, 4 hrs). Tour around the capital of Tamerline' Empire: "Gur Emir Mausoleum" - Tamerlan's tomb (14-15th c) that was build for Temur's grandson Muhammad-Sultan and tombs of three other Temurids - sons of Temur - Miranshah and Shahruh and his grandson Ulugbek, "Ruhabad Mausoleum" ("House of Spirit") - the legend says that under the dome there is a box with seven hairs of Prophet Muhammad (14th c), "Registan Square" ("A sandy place") - the major square of Samarkand: "Ulugbeg Medressa" - Sheikh Khodja Akhrar and poet Djami were among outstanding graduates of the medressa (15th c), "Sher-Dor Medressa" ("Having tigers") (17th c.), "Tillya-Kari Medressa" ("Coated by gold") - the richest gilding on the dome, walls and mihrab surpassed all famous buildings in Central Asia (17th c). A mosque named after Hazret-Hyzr - an Islamic saint and eternal wanderer. He was esteemed as giving richness and good luck in far voyages and trade (19th c), cathedral mosque "Bibi-Khanym" that was named after the oldest wife of Tamerlan (14th c), an architectural complex "Shahi-Zinda" ("Alive king") - necropolis on the slope of the Afrosiab hill is connected with Kusam ibn Abbas - the cousin of Prophet Muhammad (11-15th c). Evening transfer to Tashkent (315 km, 5 hrs). Arrival and accommodation in the hotel. Overnight in Tashkent.
Breakfast. Transfer to Tashkent Airport for morning flight to next destination, good bye to the wonderful land, back to monotony with the intention of coming back again.
- Extras -
- Price include: Breakfasts in the hotels; Double accommodation as per the list provided; All transfers by A/C Daewoo "Nexia" - 4 seats up to 2 pax, Ssang Young "Istana" - 11 seats or Hyundai "Starex" - 8 seats up to 9 pax; Local tour guide in every city; Entrance fees for the museums and monuments indicated in the main program; Mineral water during the transfers. Price does not include: Airfare of flights your city - Tashkent and back; Airfare for domestic flight HY Tashkent - Urgench; Lunches and dinners; Fees for additional services in the hotels; Alcoholic and soft drinks; Tips to local staff; Camera/Video fees.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Tashkent
- History Culture Leisure - 7 days from 470 USD
- Sogdiana is the jam of Orient - 15 days from 810 EUR
- Along The Way Of The Ancient Caravans - 15 days from 805 EUR
- Pamir Highway - 16 days from 2405 EUR
- Program of ascention to Lenin Peak 7134 m - 21 days from 700 EUR
- Cascket Of The Oriental Adventures - 15 days from 620 EUR
- To The Heart Of Tamerlanes Empire - 8 days from 405 EUR
- Oriental Dastarkhan - 9 days from 950 USD
- Navrouz is oriental New Year Holiday - 9 days from 825 USD
- Heart Of Uzbekistan - 9 days from 625 USD
- Skiing in Uzbekistan - 8 days from 300 EUR
- Heliskiing in Uzbekistan - 8 days from 1750 EUR
- Historical Spots of Uzbekistan - 8 days from 367 USD
- Heart of the Great Silk Road - 7 days from 599 USD
- History of Uzbekistan - 8 days from 550 USD
- Pearls of Uzbekistan - 5 days from 480 USD
- UZB 03 Adventure in Uzbekistan - 15 days from 900 USD
- GSR 01 Great Silk Road - 13 days from 1080 USD
- UZB 02 All Uzbekistan - 15 days from 1030 USD
- UZB 01 Along the ancient cities of the East - 8 days from 520 USD
Email the tour operator - Around the Ancient Cities of the Orient
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.