Three Day Jungle Trek
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 79 GBP /person
- 01273 322040
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Chiang Mai hotel
- Location Finish:
- Chiang Mai hotel
- We Speak:
Last updated: 02/19/2009
Hike along paddy fields and encounter amazing jungle scenery. Stay overnight with colourful hill tribes. Ride an elephant and meander peacefully downstream on a bamboo raft.
Chiang Mai - Mountain Village
Today you'll leave your hotel at around 8.30am in a sÄwngthÄew (converted pickup truck taxi) and head for the starting point of your trek (about a 3 hour drive). On the way, you'll stop at a local market, where you have time to browse whilst your guide makes his last-minute purchases for the group. Then you'll continue the drive far into the mountains, until you come to the start point for the trek. This first hike takes you steeply uphill on overgrown jungle paths for about three hours, to a Palong hilltribe village where you will stay overnight. Your guide will cook you a tasty and well-earned dinner, as you relax after your energetic day. The accommodation is very simple, a wooden hut (just like the locals) with a mat on the floor along with a mosquito net.
Hiking and Hill Tribe Village
Today you'll be woken by the cocks crowing and the sound of pigs foraging around the huts. After breakfast, you'll set off for your first hike of the day, a 2Â½ hour trek to a beautiful waterfall, where you can spend time showering or relaxing. After a good rest you'll start the next 3 hour hike which goes slightly down hill through tropical vegetation, past termite hills and eventually leads into flat paddy fields. You'll have lunch along the way, as you head towards another Palong hilltribe village where you'll spend your second night. There are wild mushrooms and herbs in this area, but be sure not to try any without the guide's approval! Once you arrive into the village you can rest for a while or spend some time playing with the children, maybe even squeezing in a game of football. Your guide will prepare your evening meal for you all, and you will stay in very similar accommodation to your first night.
Bamboo Rafting - Return to Chiang Mai
After breakfast you'll take a short hike (about one hour) to a Karen hilltribe village and elephant camp. Now it's time to let your new mode of transport do the hard work, as you climb on top of your elephant. You'll be amazed by the way these enormous beasts tackle the most difficult of paths, and as you no longer have to spend time looking at your own feet, you can see the forest clearly and its spectacular vegetation, waterfalls and rapids. After an hours ride, you'll be brought to a Lahu village. After a short rest you'll travel by sÄwngthÄew to a riverside camp where a bamboo raft will have been prepared for you. You'll take your place on the raft and the helmsman, armed with a long pole, will float you peacefully down the river. Along the way you'll see lots of wild banana trees, and small villages that nestle alongside the river. At the end of you rafting you'll have lunch, and after a good rest you'll be taken back to Chiang Mai, which will take about two hours by sÄwngthÄew.
- Inclusions -
- Transport, English-speaking guide, lunch and dinner on Day 1, all meals on Day 2, breakfast and lunch on Day 3.
- Exclusions -
- Drinks and other meals, excursions and entrance fees not listed in the daily itinerary
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep Temple & Home Handicrafts - from 840 THB
- Half Day Tour Elephant and Orchid Farm - from 680 THB
- Doi Suthep Temple - from 500 THB
- Flight Of The Gibbon - from 61 USD
- National Park Photography Tour - from 50 USD
- Chiang Mai Photography Tour - from 32 USD
- From Bangkok to Chiang mai 8D/7N - 8 days from 500 USD
- Trekking 2 Days Mae Taeng Area - 2 days from 1400 THB
- Package Tour Chiangmai Highlight 2 Days - 2 days from 3800 THB
- Mae Taeng Trek In Depth 4 Days 3 Nights - 4 days from 11670 THB
- Golden Triangle Self Drive - 4 days from 143 GBP
- Four Day Jungle Trek to Lisu & Lahu & Karen & Akha - 4 days from 188 GBP
- Lanna Shan Journey in Northern Thailand 5D4N - 5 days from 20950 THB
- Culture and Elephants of the North - 2 days from 74 GBP
- Discover North Thailand - 5 days from 665 USD
- Golf Thailand - 7 days from 36000 THB
- Chiang Mai Special Package - 4 days from 109 USD
- Chiang Mai 2 Days & 1 Night Trekking Package - 2 days from 4400 THB
- Complete Chiang Mai Tour - 7 days from 530 USD
- Asian Motorcycle Adventures Tours - 5 days from 1395 USD
- Spa Delights of Siam - 8 days from 740 GBP
Email the tour operator - Three Day Jungle Trek
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.