Spa Delights of Siam
- Relaxation / Massage
- Price from:
- 740 GBP /person
- +44 (0)845 370 3344
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Chiang Mai
- Location Finish:
- Koh Samui
- Start time:
- 10.00 am
- End time:
- 05.30 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 10/11/2006
This sensational eight day itinerary takes you on a sensory journey like no other through the kingdom of Thailand. Theres getting pampered and theres getting pampered!
Upon arrival at Chiang Mai airport you'll be met by your guide, who will transfer you to your hotel. After time to refresh and relax, drive up Mount Doi Suthep for a visit to Wat Phra Thad Doi Suthep (AD 1384), the most sacred temple in Northern Thailand. Inside the cloister of the temple you will be able to view one of the most sacred stupas in all of Thailand and enjoy the panoramic view of the city, 3,500ft above sea level. This spectacular shrine was commissioned by King Kuena, ruler of Chiang Mai from 1367-88, who according to legend, was led to the site by a magical white elephant.
In the afternoon make your first visit to Ban Sabai Village - one of Thailand's premier Spa & Resort facilities offering a broad range of spa, health and beauty treatments. You'll spend the afternoon appreciating the spa facilities set in a delightful tropical garden. Today you will have the opportunity to experience an aroma bath as well as aroma therapy.
Aroma floral, herbal or spicy bath - This treatment will take you out of your body, making you feel light and meditative. A combination of flowers and herbs that will revitalise you body and soul.
Aroma therapy - A meditative massage with aroma oils. Ideal for jet lag, exhausted or sun burned bodies!
After the treatments you will transfer back to Chiang Mai where the remainder of the day and evening are at leisure.
Overnight in Chiang Mai
Treatments: approx 3-4 hours
After breakfast, your guide will pick you up and take you to visit Chiang Mai's main temples: Wat Chedi Luang, Wat Chiang Man and Wat Phra Singh.
Wat Chedi Luang was built in 1391 during the reign of King Saen Muang Ma, 8th ruler of the Mengrai dynasty. The massive chedi (pagoda) was expanded over the centuries, until it reached its final form in 1475. The temple once housed the famous Emerald Buddha now housed in Bangkok' s Grand Palace.
Wat Chiang Man is the oldest temple in Chiang Mai - actually it is even older than Chiang Mai itself; constructed during the reign of King Mengrai, who lived in the temple while overseeing the founding of Chiang Mai. The temple possesses one of the most treasured artefacts in Thailanda Buddha image called the Phra Sae Tang Kamani (Crystal Buddha).
Wat Phra Singh was built in the 14th century by King Phayco of the Mengrai dynasty and currently houses Pra Thongtip, the most venerated Buddha statue in northern Thailand. Cast in 1477, it is made of an alloy of gold and copper.
In the afternoon return to Ban Sabai Village to enjoy a herbal steam massage and a facial massage.
Herbal Steam Massage - This type of massage is a combination of classical Thai massage and steamed herbs. The herbal pack contains more than 15 different ingredients which is gently pressed onto your body, leaving you with a relaxed and satisfied sense of well-being.
Facial Massage - The traditional way of purifying and nourishing your face using natural products, such as herbal cleaner and honey from the North Thailand, as well as root masks and a soft pressure point massage. This relaxing facial treatment will make your skin silky smooth, giving you a fresh and healthy feeling.
After the treatments you will transfer back to Chiang Mai. Once again the remainder of the day and evening are at leisure. In the evening we recommend a visit to the Night Bazaar, famous for its silks and tribal handicrafts. If you are stuck for a choice of restaurant (unlikely in Chiang Mai!), we recommend the fantastic Gallery Restaurant, set at the rear of a trading art gallery and overlooking the Ping river.
Overnight in Chiang Mai
Treatments: approx 3 hours
After breakfast drive north to the mountainous Mae Sa Valley. Here you will visit an orchid nursery and butterfly farm before arriving at Mae Sa Elephant Camp where you will see the elephants taking their morning bath in the streams before commencing their day's work. We know that just looking at these wonderful animals is never enough for most guests, so we've arranged a ride, allowing you all to enjoy the forest from a totally new vantage point.
In the afternoon return to Ban Sabai Village (it's a tough life!) to enjoy a reflexology foot massage and pedicure.
Reflexology foot massage - A treat for one of the body's most important parts. After the pressure point massage, continue with foot masque and herbal oil treatment.
Pedicure - Feel good from your fingers to your toes. Cleaning nails, herbal hand wash/foot bath, cutting and filing, nail cream and lacquer.
After the treatments return to your hotel where the remainder of the day is at leisure to explore Chiang Mai a little further or to just sample some more of the amazing Northern Thai cuisine.
Overnight in Chiang Mai
Elephant ride: approx 50 minutes
Treatments: approx 2 - 3 hours
After breakfast, drive to the artisans village of Sankhamhaeng to discover the many traditional cottage industries that survive in North Thailand. Each community specialises in a different skill or trade. You will see a silversmith, silk weavers and other textile manufacturers, traditional laquerware makers and a particularly colourful umbrella factory.
In the afternoon transfer to Chiang Mai airport for your flight to Koh Samui via Bangkok.
Upon arrival at Koh Samui airport you'll be met by your guide, who will transfer you to your hotel. The afternoon is free for you to choose how to amuse yourself : with all that white sand, it shouldn't take too long to work something out!
Overnight on Koh Samui
In the morning take a tour of the island. Discover the Big Buddha temple, see the famous grandfather/mother rocks, a traditional Muslim fishing village and see monkeys at work.
In the afternoon you will be transferred to the Eranda Spa for a traditional Thai Massage. Set on a magnificent hillside overlooking the emerald-green gulf of Thailand; complete with landscaped gardens, cascading waterfalls and traditional open air massage salas set amongst swaying palm trees - you could not wish for a more picturesque setting.
Thai Massage - An ancient traditional art, this method of massage was formerly administered only in wat (temples) grounds by masters with healing abilities. By exerting pressure on specific points of the body and by manipulating muscles and ligaments, the spine is elongated and relieved of tension. The sense of well-being as energy and flexibility are brought back into your body is extraordinary.
After the treatments return to the hotel - the remainder of the day is at leisure. Koh Samui is home to some of the finest restaurants in Thailand so there is no shortage of options to choose from. Alternatively you may decide to eat at one of the many beach bars that specialise in BBQ seafood, prepared on the waters edge!
Overnight on Koh Samui
Treatments: approx 2 hours
The morning is at leisure to enjoy the beach or your hotel as you please.
In the afternoon you will be transferred to Ban Sabai Spa on Big Buddha Beach. Set on an idyllic tropical beach, the resort has the perfect location for enjoying a totally memorable spa experience with the emerald green Gulf of Siam gently lapping the shore just meters away. Let the setting carry you away whilst you relax into a rejuvenating body scrub treatment.
Rejuvenating body scrub - A gentle and relaxing way to remove old dead skin from your body. This treatment will rejuvenate your skin and leave it fresh. This is then followed by a rub with Aloe Vera moisturiser.
After the treatments return to the hotel - the remainder of the day and evening is at leisure. Perhaps enjoy some of Koh Samui's legendary nightlife and see where the remaining backpackers hang out on Chaweng Beach!
Overnight on Koh Samui
Treatments: 2 - 3 hours
The entire day is at leisure, allowing you plenty of time to explore a bit more of this island paradise. It's easy to get around and there are some beautiful, remote bays despite the islands popularity.
If you are keen for additional activities then just let us know and we'll be happy to help - perhaps getting picked up on your own private speedboat and being whisked off for a romantic candlelit meal at one of Koh Samui's finest beach-side restaurants appeals? We can arrange it!
Overnight on Koh Samui
The day is free until your transfer to the airport.
Please let us know if you need any additional time on this idyllic island - it's easy to add a few extra days months!
- Inclusions -
- * Hotel accommodation * Land transportation by private air-conditioned vehicles * All treatments as listed * All meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B: Breakfast)
- Exclusions -
- # Flights to/from Asia. Flights information - click here # Thailand Visa # Thailand departure tax # Any other meals not mentioned above # Drinks # Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, drinks, tip...) # Travel insurance # All other services which are not mentioned in 'inclusive'
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep Temple & Home Handicrafts - from 840 THB
- Half Day Tour Elephant and Orchid Farm - from 680 THB
- Doi Suthep Temple - from 500 THB
- Flight Of The Gibbon - from 61 USD
- National Park Photography Tour - from 50 USD
- Chiang Mai Photography Tour - from 32 USD
- From Bangkok to Chiang mai 8D/7N - 8 days from 500 USD
- Trekking 2 Days Mae Taeng Area - 2 days from 1400 THB
- Package Tour Chiangmai Highlight 2 Days - 2 days from 3800 THB
- Mae Taeng Trek In Depth 4 Days 3 Nights - 4 days from 11670 THB
- Golden Triangle Self Drive - 4 days from 143 GBP
- Four Day Jungle Trek to Lisu & Lahu & Karen & Akha - 4 days from 188 GBP
- Lanna Shan Journey in Northern Thailand 5D4N - 5 days from 20950 THB
- Three Day Jungle Trek - 3 days from 79 GBP
- Culture and Elephants of the North - 2 days from 74 GBP
- Discover North Thailand - 5 days from 665 USD
- Golf Thailand - 7 days from 36000 THB
- Chiang Mai Special Package - 4 days from 109 USD
- Chiang Mai 2 Days & 1 Night Trekking Package - 2 days from 4400 THB
- Complete Chiang Mai Tour - 7 days from 530 USD
- Asian Motorcycle Adventures Tours - 5 days from 1395 USD
Email the tour operator - Spa Delights of Siam
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.