Mae Taeng Trek In Depth 4 Days 3 Nights
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 11670 THB /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 days
- Location Start:
- Chiang Mai
- Location Finish:
- Chiang Mai
- Start time:
- 06.00 am
- End time:
- 04.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, French
Last updated: 05/01/2009
Explore the beauty and culture of Thailand's mountainous north on this three-day trek into the jungles surrounding Chiang Mai.
Chiang Mai - Mok Fah - Mae Jok (L,D)
Journey north into the mountains, stopping en-route at the Mae Malai local market to browse the colorful stalls with their exotic products. After a visit to the Mok Fah waterfalls and a tasty picnic lunch, drive to Huay Nam Dung National Park and visit the Shan village of Mae Sae.
Mae Jok - Pa Khaolam (B,L,D)
Watch the cool breeze sweep away the morning mist as you enjoy breakfast before resuming your walk toward an elephant camp. Relax and enjoy a picnic lunch at the camp as your elephant is prepared for your journey, which will be led by skilled Karan mahouts.
Pa Khaolam - Pong Ngan (B,L,D)
Today's trek is the most ambitious, but also the most spectacular. The Huai Nam Dang National Park is filled with virginal forests, wildlife, and several streams. Trek through this pristine wildernesss stopping for a picnic at the waterfalls before reaching Pong Ngan, a Lahu village, for a unique homestay experience.
Pong Ngan - Sop Kai - Chiang Mai (B,L)
After a lazy breakfast, you'll journey on a bamboo raft along the Taeng River to the Shan village of Sop Kai, passing other hill tribe villages along the way. Enjoy a local lunch in Sop Kai before heading back to Chiang Mai in the afternoon, bringing your trekking adventure to a close.
- Inclusions -
- * Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Exclusions -
- * Other meals than mentioned
- Extras -
- - This price is the promotional price and is valid for travel between: 01 June 2009 - 31 July 2009. The promotional price includes delicious farewell dinner in Chiang Mai at the end of the tour.
- This tour operates year round.
- Rates vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep Temple & Home Handicrafts - from 840 THB
- Half Day Tour Elephant and Orchid Farm - from 680 THB
- Doi Suthep Temple - from 500 THB
- Flight Of The Gibbon - from 61 USD
- National Park Photography Tour - from 50 USD
- Chiang Mai Photography Tour - from 32 USD
- From Bangkok to Chiang mai 8D/7N - 8 days from 500 USD
- Trekking 2 Days Mae Taeng Area - 2 days from 1400 THB
- Package Tour Chiangmai Highlight 2 Days - 2 days from 3800 THB
- Golden Triangle Self Drive - 4 days from 143 GBP
- Four Day Jungle Trek to Lisu & Lahu & Karen & Akha - 4 days from 188 GBP
- Lanna Shan Journey in Northern Thailand 5D4N - 5 days from 20950 THB
- Three Day Jungle Trek - 3 days from 79 GBP
- Culture and Elephants of the North - 2 days from 74 GBP
- Discover North Thailand - 5 days from 665 USD
- Golf Thailand - 7 days from 36000 THB
- Chiang Mai Special Package - 4 days from 109 USD
- Chiang Mai 2 Days & 1 Night Trekking Package - 2 days from 4400 THB
- Complete Chiang Mai Tour - 7 days from 530 USD
- Asian Motorcycle Adventures Tours - 5 days from 1395 USD
- Spa Delights of Siam - 8 days from 740 GBP
Email the tour operator - Mae Taeng Trek In Depth 4 Days 3 Nights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.