Lanna Shan Journey in Northern Thailand 5D4N
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 20950 THB /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- Location Start:
- Chiang Mai
- Location Finish:
- Mae Hong Son
- We Speak:
- German, Spanish, French, English
Last updated: 09/24/2008
A visit to Chiang Mai and its surrounding areas can be one of the most rewarding experiences in all of Thailand. Explore its cultural & natural richness of the northern region, home to hill tribes.
Arrive in Chiang Mai
Upon arrival in Chiang Mai, a guide will meet and help transfer you to your hotel for overnight accommodations.
Overnight at the Manathai Village in Chiang Mai.
Chiang Mai (B,L)
Today you'll head out to Wat Sri Khong's boat landing, board a traditional scorpion-tailed boat and cruise along the river while a historian discusses the area. Later, you'll reach the old trader community of Wat Gatekaram on the eastern banks and stroll along the old buildings reflecting Chinese, Portuguese, and Indian influences and explore the temple's compound before having lunch at a local restaurant. Next, is a drive to the famed mountain temple of Wat Prathat Doi Suthep, a stop at the Chang Khien Coffee Research Project and a visit to the Hmong hill tribe village of Chang Khien where you will conclude the day's activities.
Overnight at the Manathai Village in Chiang Mai.
Chiang Mai - Pai - Tham Lod (B,L,D)
Rise and shine for an early start that takes you to the Ton Payom Market in time to join the locals during the daily alms-giving ceremony to the monsk before boarding a minivan for a 3-hour trip to Pai, stopping at an orchid farm and the Mae Malai local market along the way. You'll eat lunch at a local restaurant and continue to Tham Lod to explore the local village (whose Shan family houses will serve as your accommodations for the evening) and Lod Caves. A relaxing evening will be spent with a traditional Shan dinner, tea and a discussion about local history, traditions and folklore.
Overnight in Tham Lod.
Tham Lod - Muang Phaem - Tham Lod - Mae Hong Son (B,L)
An exciting and educational day awaits you as you take a 2-hour forest walk to a Karen Village to learn about ancient traditions and lifestyles. A picnic lunch will be served in banana leaves before taking an elephant ride to a stream where you will enjoy a bamboo raft ride back to Tham Lod Village. The day concludes with an hour-and-a-half transfer to Mae Hong Sorn.
Overnight at the Fern Resort in Mae Hong Son.
Depart Mae Hong Son (B,L)
Get ready for another early day as you visit the morning market area before departing Mae Hong Sorn to the Baan Huai Dua boat landing and a 30-minute long-tailed boat ride along a scenic route. On the way back, you'll stop at a Long-Necked Karen (Padong) hill tribe, head back in the city for lunch, continue on to Wat Phra Thad Doi Kong Moo, Wat Chong Klang, Wat Chong Kham, and a large natural pond public park. As you return to the Mae Hong Sorn airport for your flight back to Chiang Mai, you can reflect back on this epic and insightful adventure.
- Inclusions -
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air-conditioned vehicle(s).
- Exclusions -
- Other meals than mentioned
- Extras -
- The price is a guideline and will vary according to travel dates and room availability. The price is based on two people travelling together during high season and sharing a twin or double room.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep Temple & Home Handicrafts - from 840 THB
- Half Day Tour Elephant and Orchid Farm - from 680 THB
- Doi Suthep Temple - from 500 THB
- Flight Of The Gibbon - from 61 USD
- National Park Photography Tour - from 50 USD
- Chiang Mai Photography Tour - from 32 USD
- From Bangkok to Chiang mai 8D/7N - 8 days from 500 USD
- Trekking 2 Days Mae Taeng Area - 2 days from 1400 THB
- Package Tour Chiangmai Highlight 2 Days - 2 days from 3800 THB
- Mae Taeng Trek In Depth 4 Days 3 Nights - 4 days from 11670 THB
- Golden Triangle Self Drive - 4 days from 143 GBP
- Four Day Jungle Trek to Lisu & Lahu & Karen & Akha - 4 days from 188 GBP
- Three Day Jungle Trek - 3 days from 79 GBP
- Culture and Elephants of the North - 2 days from 74 GBP
- Discover North Thailand - 5 days from 665 USD
- Golf Thailand - 7 days from 36000 THB
- Chiang Mai Special Package - 4 days from 109 USD
- Chiang Mai 2 Days & 1 Night Trekking Package - 2 days from 4400 THB
- Complete Chiang Mai Tour - 7 days from 530 USD
- Asian Motorcycle Adventures Tours - 5 days from 1395 USD
- Spa Delights of Siam - 8 days from 740 GBP
Email the tour operator - Lanna Shan Journey in Northern Thailand 5D4N
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.