Discover North Thailand
- Price from:
- 665 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 07/14/2008
Northern Thailand is rich in its history & culture, while enjoying its cool climate & natural abundance. Travel through Chiangmai, chiangrai & Mae Hong Son in this trip to experience those specialties
Arrival Chiang Mai
Upon arriving in Chiang Mai, you'll be met by your guide and transferred to your hotel for a night of rest and relaxation before starting your adventure.
Overnight in Rachmankha Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai (B,L)
Today you'll travel to a local farmhouse in Mae Rim before boarding a long-tail boat for a 30-minute cruise to a fresh food market along the Mae Ping River. From the market, take a trishaw ride past the City Walls to Wat Phra Singh for lunch at a local restaurant and then drive to the famous mountain temple of Wat Prathat Doi Suthep. Afterwards, drive up the mountain by "songtaew" on a rough dirt road to the Chang Khien Coffee Research Project and continue to the Hmong village of Chang Khien where inhabitants still wear traditional hill tribe clothes and practice a culture that dates back 500 years.
Overnight in Rachmankha Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai - Mae Kampong (B,L,D)
Depart by minivan to the village of Mae Kampong, situated 1,300 meters above sea level, making a stop at a local market to select ingredients for evening's dinner along the way. Upon arriving at Mae Kampong, you'll be met by villagers to take a stroll through the forest, past tea and coffee fields to a waterfall for a picnic lunch. In the afternoon, return to the village to relax with a traditional Thai massage and join your host family to prepare (and later eat) your dinner.
Overnight in Mae Kampong.
Mae Kampong - Mae Salong - Chiang Rai (B,L)
This day will find you venturing towards Chiang Rai and Wat Rong Khun, the surprising "White Temple." Lunch will be served at a local restaurant and you'll continue along to Doi Mae Salong, to the Santi Kiri KMT Yunnan Chinese Refugee settlement. There you'll see tea and coffee plantations, and a store where homemade wines and other locally grown products are sold before heading to your Chiang Rai accommodations.
Overnight in The Legend Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai - Doi Tung - Mae Sai - Golden Triangle - Chiang Rai (B,L)
Today you'll depart for the Doi Tung region, 2000 meters/6500 feet above sea-level and home to the Mae Fah Luang Gardens and Wat Phrathad Doi Tung, a sacred hilltop shrine, regarded as the holiest sanctuary by the residents of Chiang Rai and nearby provinces. En-route you'll visit hill tribe villages and eat lunch at a local restaurant before heading out to explore the Golden Triangle area. The rest of the day will be spent in this region; including Mae Sai, a bustling trading town at the farther-most northern border between Thailand and Myanmar; and Chiang Saen, opposite of Laos where you will see ancient ruins and temples prior to embarking on a long-tailed boat trip along the mighty Mae Khong River.
- Extras -
The price is a guideline and will vary according to travel dates and room availability. The price is based on two people traveling together during high season and sharing a twin or double room
This price can be applied only for the hotel mentioned in the tour itinerary. Changing hotels and hotel categories will affect the tour price
For an accurate quotation please send an inquiry again
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep Temple & Home Handicrafts - from 840 THB
- Half Day Tour Elephant and Orchid Farm - from 680 THB
- Doi Suthep Temple - from 500 THB
- Flight Of The Gibbon - from 61 USD
- National Park Photography Tour - from 50 USD
- Chiang Mai Photography Tour - from 32 USD
- From Bangkok to Chiang mai 8D/7N - 8 days from 500 USD
- Trekking 2 Days Mae Taeng Area - 2 days from 1400 THB
- Package Tour Chiangmai Highlight 2 Days - 2 days from 3800 THB
- Mae Taeng Trek In Depth 4 Days 3 Nights - 4 days from 11670 THB
- Golden Triangle Self Drive - 4 days from 143 GBP
- Four Day Jungle Trek to Lisu & Lahu & Karen & Akha - 4 days from 188 GBP
- Lanna Shan Journey in Northern Thailand 5D4N - 5 days from 20950 THB
- Three Day Jungle Trek - 3 days from 79 GBP
- Culture and Elephants of the North - 2 days from 74 GBP
- Golf Thailand - 7 days from 36000 THB
- Chiang Mai Special Package - 4 days from 109 USD
- Chiang Mai 2 Days & 1 Night Trekking Package - 2 days from 4400 THB
- Complete Chiang Mai Tour - 7 days from 530 USD
- Asian Motorcycle Adventures Tours - 5 days from 1395 USD
- Spa Delights of Siam - 8 days from 740 GBP
Email the tour operator - Discover North Thailand
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.