The Indochina Explorer
- Price from:
- 700 GBP /person
- +44(0) 870 334 6671
- +44(0)) 208 205 6970
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 08/04/2007
Highlights of Thailand, Laos and Cambodia. The Golden Triangle, the World Heritage city of Luang Prabang. Journey into Cambodia to see the temples of Angkor and Phnom Penh.
You are met on arrival at Bangkok international Airport, we will then escort you to your hotel where you can settle in and relax. Evening dinner and drinks at the hotel give us a chance to get to know each other and discuss your personal plans for what you are wanting out of your trip (D).
The following day we visit the Royal Palace, the Wat's, enjoy the many markets and take a boat ride along the Chao Phraya River. This full day is wrapped up once escorted to the train station to depart on the 1st class sleeper train to Chang Mai (B,L).
On arrival into Chang Mai we check you into your hotel. Its an early arrival so you get the chance to catch some more sleep or go for a stroll around Chang Mai before the afternoons event. After lunch we visit the stunning Doi Suthep temple through the windy mountain road up on the mountain top. Here you can take in the stunning views of Chang Mai below. Returning to the hotel in time for dark we can give you directions on local markets and entertainment areas for you to visit to make the most of your Chang Mai experience. Well know for its night market that is open every night and if the timing is right the every other sunday street market where some of the best bargains in Thailand can be found, especially northern Thai Silk (B,L).
Travel by car to see the famous golden triangle where Laos, Myanmar and Thailand meet visiting the Opium museum and seeing the hill tribes before continuing onto Chang Khong where we spend the night overlooking the Mekong river in all it's glory into the country of Laos on the other side (B,L).
After crossing the border into Laos we begin our journey along the Mekong to Luang Prabang on a two day boat trip. Along the way we admire the calmness, scenery and the tranquility that Laos is becoming famous for, leaving the cities and hustle behind, Laos beckons. We stop at Pak Beng on the first night the center of the Golden Triangle, a small town surviving mainly on the influx of tourists coming down the river and local crops (B,L,D).
Our second day on the river takes us to Luang Prabang whilst on the way we stop at the Pak Ou Caves. These caves are packed with Buddha images and a sense of mysticism unfound elsewhere, you have to experience to believe. Arriving at Luang Prabang transfer to your hotel to either relax or spend the evening walking around this majestical colonial french town with it's splendid architecture and temples (B,L).
Head of early in the morning along the mountain tops driving to Vang Vieng where you will be relaxing in bungalows overlooking the Nam Song River. An afternoon of relaxing, or maybe try tubing or kayaking down the Nam Song River to see the beautiful scenery of the limestone cliffs (B,L).
Choose from a number of day trips including kayaking, rafting, caving or trekking. Once exhausted with the days events spend the evening free to relax and explore the small adventure capital town of Laos (B,L)
Travel to Vientiane on the way have lunch at the Nam Ngum Lake. Afternoon free in Vientiane
See the morning market, Wat Sisaket, Tat Luang Stuppa and the strange and wonderful Buddha Sculpture Park (before getting an overnight VIP bus to Pakse B,L,D)
See the Bolaven Plateau, from Tad Fan and Tad Nyuang, the coffee plantations at Pakseong, before Returning to Pakse (B,L).
Visit the World Heritage Site of Wat Phu, elephant riding at Ban Kiat Ngong before visiting the island of Don Khone the southern wetland areas of Laos (B,L).
One Day Kayak or Boat trip through the 4000 islands to see the French Railway and the rare Irranwaddy Dolphins. Stop at the Cambodian Border, where you bags will be waiting for the journey back to Pakse, but on the way stop at the largest waterfall in South East asia the Khon Pha Peng Falls (B,L).
Take the early morning flight to Siem Reap and see one of the Wonders of the World, the Angkor Temples (B,L).
Continue the tour of the Angkor complex, these Khmer temples which date back to the 9th Century and are one of humankind's most impressive architectural accomplishments (B,L).
Start the day with one of the most beautiful boat trips in South East Asia. Leaving from Siem Reap along the the Sangker river, you will travel down the river passing through protected wetlands, narrow waterways and floating villages. Arrive in Battambang and spend the evening exploring the town (B,L).
Travel to Phnom Penh. Spending the afternoon catching up from the previous days hectic schedule by relaxing or visiting the markets (B,L).
Spend the day seeing the sites of the city. We visit the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda before going to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum formerly used as a prison during Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge reign. Your evening is free to explore the markets and or night life of Phnom Penh (B,L).
Transfer to Phnom Penh international airport where you will catch the flight to Bangkok and onto your final destination (B).
- Inclusions -
- All Accommodation on Tour
- Exclusions -
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bangkok
- Bike tour in Bangkok Countryside - from 900 THB
- Cycling Floating Market - from 2500 THB
- Cycling Bangkok Countryside - from 2500 THB
- Cycling China Town - from 1400 THB
- Cycling Historic Ayutthaya - from 2500 THB
- Biking Around The World Heritage Site - from 75 USD
- Floating Market Cycling Trip - from 75 USD
- Bangkok - from 35 USD
- Khao Yai Wine Tour - from 80 GBP
- Bangkok Temples and City Tour - from 15 USD
- Cruise Thailand Dinner Cruise in Bangkok - from 1250 THB
- Kanchanaburi Tiger Temple - from 1900 THB
- Tiger temple Hell fire pass and River Kwai - from 3100 THB
- BKK 0118 BKK Adventure - from 2500 THB
- Half Day Tour Cycle in China Town - from 1350 THB
- Temples & City Tour - from 600 THB
- Morning Canals Tour - from 700 THB
- Ayutthaya Day Tour By River King Cruise - from 1500 THB
- Thai Boxing Evening Only - from 2500 THB
- The Royal Grand Palace - from 700 THB
- Damnern Saduak Floating Market - from 500 THB
- Curry Crab Club - from 1900 THB
- Thai Gourmet Journeys - from 55 USD
- Bangkok & Countryside by Bike - from 900 THB
- Ko Kret Island - from 2500 THB
- Bangkok Jungle - from 1000 THB
- 7 Days Thailand Special Bangkok Jungle Raft Chiang Mai - 7 days from 630 USD
- Easy Going Bangkok - 3 days from 55 GBP
- Elephants & Rainforests and Samui - 20 days from 948 GBP
- Thailand Travel Plans Choice - 19 days from 1074 GBP
- Siam One Travel - 3 days from 7130 THB
- Economical Thailand - 19 days from 653 GBP
- Bangkok and Highlands Loop 11D10N - 11 days from 46100 THB
- Bangkok and Central Thailand 6D5N - 6 days from 29900 THB
- Cycling in Bangkok - 3 days from 112 GBP
- The Best of Thailand - 16 days from 805 GBP
- Bangkok via Laos to Singapore - 28 days from 620 GBP
- Giant Trees and Bounty Islands - 12 days from 694 GBP
- Dream Islands And Coral Reefs - 15 days from 843 GBP
- Bangkok Samui Island Package 6 Days 5 Nights - 6 days from 730 USD
- Bangkok Kanchanaburi Package 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 630 USD
- Bangkok To Isaan - 10 days from 1573 USD
- Exploring the Thai Peninsula - 7 days from 1510 USD
- Paradise Thailand - 12 days from 1680 USD
- Luxurious Thailand 14 Days &13 Nights From Central To North... - 14 days from 7650 USD
- Thailand In Style 7 Days & 6 Nights - 7 days from 4105 USD
- The Thai House Experience - 4 days from 12550 THB
- Thailand Grand Excursion - 14 days from 1350 USD
- 6 Day Thailand Classic Tour - 6 days from 665 USD
- North Thailand Cultural Tour - 5 days from 430 USD
- 12 Days Impressive Thailand Tour - 12 days from 1564 USD
- Perfect Thai Honeymoon 14 Days & 13 Nights by Exotissimo Travel - 14 days from 3215 USD
- The Old Siam and Jungle - 3 days from 8900 THB
- Motorcycle Tour of Thailand - 15 days from 565 GBP
- Ultimate Thailand Wildlife Tour - 16 days from 75450 THB
- The Perfect Thai Honeymoon - 14 days from 2318 USD
- Experience Thailand - 6 days from 740 USD
- Photography School Asia - 5 days from 300 USD
- Gourmet Thailand - 11 days from 899 GBP
Email the tour operator - The Indochina Explorer
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.