Cycling China Town
- Price from:
- 1400 THB /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- City hotel(s) in Bangkok
- Location Finish:
- City hotel(s) in Bangkok
- Start time:
- 07.00 am
- End time:
- 11.30 am
- We Speak:
Last updated: 07/06/2008
Suited for all riders, this tour exhibits Bangkok's authentic dichotomy where, within mere street blocks, the lively bustle of Chinatown melts into the soothing embrace of country back roads.
By the SpiceRoads private van, we'll pick you up from your Bangkok hotel between 7-7:45 a.m. After a short transfer into the morning action of Chinatown, we'll begin the tour by exploring a well-known street market. Where the market ends, we'll find the Chao Phraya pier. The local ferry will take us across these wide waters to the calmer districts of Thonburi.
We'll cycle these back roads to see some lesser-known temples, markets and sites, including the Princess Mother Memorial Park. A well-kept secret, the park sees few tourists despite its peaceful atmosphere and historic attractions. There is a small and well-kept museum there that we will have time to visit.
Then, we'll cycle to visit Temple of the Dawn, or Wat Arun. This architecturally impressive Buddhist temple features five towering prangs adorned by broken pieces of Chinese porcelain. Its construction symbolized an earthly version of the layers of heaven, and admirers attest that a mystic spirit is evident still. A must-see while in Bangkok, we'll tour these grounds before returning to bicycles.
Heading north by way of back roads, we'll cycle past the Royal Naval Academy and through some authentic Thai communities. We'll ride over bridges and along canals as we make our way to the Royal Barge Museum.
The Royal Barge Museum stands off the tourist tracks, yet locally it is renowned for its display of gilded barges that stretch in narrow lengths up to 46m. Eight of these striking barges float in this museum, and you can also read explanations regarding the impressive royal ceremonies for which these barges are made.
The nearby pier marks the end of the morning tour. For those interested, there is also an afternoon tour exploring the nearby jungle.
- Inclusions -
- Transportation from/to hotel in Bangkok
- Exclusions -
- Any services not mentione in the itinerary
- Extras -
- Departure: every morning with a minimum group of 2 adults.
Operated by: SpiceRoads Co.,Ltd.
Children: children aged 12-16yrs are welcomed to join this trip and receive 25% discount.
A private tour is also available upon request with extra tour cost.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bangkok
- Bike tour in Bangkok Countryside - from 900 THB
- Cycling Floating Market - from 2500 THB
- Cycling Bangkok Countryside - from 2500 THB
- Cycling Historic Ayutthaya - from 2500 THB
- Biking Around The World Heritage Site - from 75 USD
- Floating Market Cycling Trip - from 75 USD
- Bangkok - from 35 USD
- Khao Yai Wine Tour - from 80 GBP
- Bangkok Temples and City Tour - from 15 USD
- Cruise Thailand Dinner Cruise in Bangkok - from 1250 THB
- Kanchanaburi Tiger Temple - from 1900 THB
- Tiger temple Hell fire pass and River Kwai - from 3100 THB
- BKK 0118 BKK Adventure - from 2500 THB
- Half Day Tour Cycle in China Town - from 1350 THB
- Temples & City Tour - from 600 THB
- Morning Canals Tour - from 700 THB
- Ayutthaya Day Tour By River King Cruise - from 1500 THB
- Thai Boxing Evening Only - from 2500 THB
- The Royal Grand Palace - from 700 THB
- Damnern Saduak Floating Market - from 500 THB
- Curry Crab Club - from 1900 THB
- Thai Gourmet Journeys - from 55 USD
- Bangkok & Countryside by Bike - from 900 THB
- Ko Kret Island - from 2500 THB
- Bangkok Jungle - from 1000 THB
- 7 Days Thailand Special Bangkok Jungle Raft Chiang Mai - 7 days from 630 USD
- Easy Going Bangkok - 3 days from 55 GBP
- Elephants & Rainforests and Samui - 20 days from 948 GBP
- Thailand Travel Plans Choice - 19 days from 1074 GBP
- Siam One Travel - 3 days from 7130 THB
- Economical Thailand - 19 days from 653 GBP
- Bangkok and Highlands Loop 11D10N - 11 days from 46100 THB
- Bangkok and Central Thailand 6D5N - 6 days from 29900 THB
- Cycling in Bangkok - 3 days from 112 GBP
- The Best of Thailand - 16 days from 805 GBP
- Bangkok via Laos to Singapore - 28 days from 620 GBP
- Giant Trees and Bounty Islands - 12 days from 694 GBP
- Dream Islands And Coral Reefs - 15 days from 843 GBP
- Bangkok Samui Island Package 6 Days 5 Nights - 6 days from 730 USD
- Bangkok Kanchanaburi Package 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 630 USD
- Bangkok To Isaan - 10 days from 1573 USD
- Exploring the Thai Peninsula - 7 days from 1510 USD
- Paradise Thailand - 12 days from 1680 USD
- Luxurious Thailand 14 Days &13 Nights From Central To North... - 14 days from 7650 USD
- Thailand In Style 7 Days & 6 Nights - 7 days from 4105 USD
- The Thai House Experience - 4 days from 12550 THB
- Thailand Grand Excursion - 14 days from 1350 USD
- 6 Day Thailand Classic Tour - 6 days from 665 USD
- North Thailand Cultural Tour - 5 days from 430 USD
- 12 Days Impressive Thailand Tour - 12 days from 1564 USD
- Perfect Thai Honeymoon 14 Days & 13 Nights by Exotissimo Travel - 14 days from 3215 USD
- The Old Siam and Jungle - 3 days from 8900 THB
- Motorcycle Tour of Thailand - 15 days from 565 GBP
- The Indochina Explorer - 19 days from 700 GBP
- Ultimate Thailand Wildlife Tour - 16 days from 75450 THB
- The Perfect Thai Honeymoon - 14 days from 2318 USD
- Experience Thailand - 6 days from 740 USD
- Photography School Asia - 5 days from 300 USD
- Gourmet Thailand - 11 days from 899 GBP
Email the tour operator - Cycling China Town
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.