Bangkok and Central Thailand 6D5N
- Price from:
- 29900 THB /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, Spanish, English, French
Last updated: 09/24/2008
Discover the cultural, historical and natural richness of central Thailand in this captivating tour through one of Asia's most dynamic countries.
Arrive in Bangkok
Upon arrival in Bangkok, you will be welcomed by your guide and taken to the stately Siam Heritage. Start your tour from the spiritual heart of Bangkok, the Grand Palace which boasts of magnificent throne halls and the Emerald Buddha. Admire the magnificent reclining Buddha at Wat Po, Bangkok's oldest temple as well as the first school of traditional medicine and Thai massage.
Overnight at Siam Heritage in Bangkok.
Bangkok - Floating Market (B)
Today, experience the traditional Thai way of life at the bustling Damnoen Saduak floating market as you cruise on a boat through the maze of narrow canals. Continue to Rama II Park, where you will find Thai style houses with exquisite exhibits that depict the way of life during King Rama II's reign. Spend the afternoon at your own leisure in Bangkok.
Overnight at Siam Heritage in Bangkok.
Bangkok - Mekhala (B,D)
Today, you will enjoy a luxurious cruise upstream from Bangkok on the legendary Mekhala, a former rice barge that has been beautifully transformed into a floating boutique hotel. As dusk falls, enjoy a relaxing and romantic candlelit dinner on the deck of Mekhala after it docks in the serenity of Kai Tia Temple.
Overnight on board Mekhala.
Mekhala - Ayuthaya - Uthaithani (B,L)
For early risers, you can partake in the Buddhist tradition of offering alms to monks at dawn. Following a sumptuous breakfast, disembark from Mekhala at Bang-Pa-In for Summer Palace, which showcases some of the finest examples of Thai architecture. Cruise along the river to the Ayuthaya where you will witness the splendour of the ancient ruins in this old capital city. Drive northwards into the heart of rural Thailand at Uthai Thani to visit Wat Tasung and the Crystal and Golden Hills.
Overnight at Uthai River Lake Resort in Uthaithani.
Uthai Thani - Kanchanaburi (B,L)
In the morning, stroll through the morning market to experience the languid pace of life in the countryside before driving to Kanchanaburi. Pay homage to soldiers who perished in World War II at the JEATH Museum and war cemetery or even ride a train on the infamous death railway through the dramatic Kwai Noi gorge if time permits.
Overnight at River Kwai Resotel in Kanchanaburi.
Kanchanaburi - Bangkok (B,L)
Head out to the elephant camp where you will experience riding on an elephant before immersing in the serenity of the lush forest setting as you gently float down the Kwai Yai River. In the afternoon, you will be taken to Wat Pha Luang Ta Bua, also known as Tiger Temple, an animal rescue center where you can get up close with the tigers when monks walk these big cats in the evening. Return to Bangkok in the late afternoon.
- Inclusions -
- Meals as indicated in itinerary (B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
- Exclusions -
- Meals other than those mentioned above
- Extras -
- The price is a guideline and will vary according to travel dates and room availability. The price is based on two people travelling together during high season and sharing a twin or double room.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bangkok
- Bike tour in Bangkok Countryside - from 900 THB
- Cycling Floating Market - from 2500 THB
- Cycling Bangkok Countryside - from 2500 THB
- Cycling China Town - from 1400 THB
- Cycling Historic Ayutthaya - from 2500 THB
- Biking Around The World Heritage Site - from 75 USD
- Floating Market Cycling Trip - from 75 USD
- Bangkok - from 35 USD
- Khao Yai Wine Tour - from 80 GBP
- Bangkok Temples and City Tour - from 15 USD
- Cruise Thailand Dinner Cruise in Bangkok - from 1250 THB
- Kanchanaburi Tiger Temple - from 1900 THB
- Tiger temple Hell fire pass and River Kwai - from 3100 THB
- BKK 0118 BKK Adventure - from 2500 THB
- Half Day Tour Cycle in China Town - from 1350 THB
- Temples & City Tour - from 600 THB
- Morning Canals Tour - from 700 THB
- Ayutthaya Day Tour By River King Cruise - from 1500 THB
- Thai Boxing Evening Only - from 2500 THB
- The Royal Grand Palace - from 700 THB
- Damnern Saduak Floating Market - from 500 THB
- Curry Crab Club - from 1900 THB
- Thai Gourmet Journeys - from 55 USD
- Bangkok & Countryside by Bike - from 900 THB
- Ko Kret Island - from 2500 THB
- Bangkok Jungle - from 1000 THB
- 7 Days Thailand Special Bangkok Jungle Raft Chiang Mai - 7 days from 630 USD
- Easy Going Bangkok - 3 days from 55 GBP
- Elephants & Rainforests and Samui - 20 days from 948 GBP
- Thailand Travel Plans Choice - 19 days from 1074 GBP
- Siam One Travel - 3 days from 7130 THB
- Economical Thailand - 19 days from 653 GBP
- Bangkok and Highlands Loop 11D10N - 11 days from 46100 THB
- Cycling in Bangkok - 3 days from 112 GBP
- The Best of Thailand - 16 days from 805 GBP
- Bangkok via Laos to Singapore - 28 days from 620 GBP
- Giant Trees and Bounty Islands - 12 days from 694 GBP
- Dream Islands And Coral Reefs - 15 days from 843 GBP
- Bangkok Samui Island Package 6 Days 5 Nights - 6 days from 730 USD
- Bangkok Kanchanaburi Package 5 Days 4 Nights - 5 days from 630 USD
- Bangkok To Isaan - 10 days from 1573 USD
- Exploring the Thai Peninsula - 7 days from 1510 USD
- Paradise Thailand - 12 days from 1680 USD
- Luxurious Thailand 14 Days &13 Nights From Central To North... - 14 days from 7650 USD
- Thailand In Style 7 Days & 6 Nights - 7 days from 4105 USD
- The Thai House Experience - 4 days from 12550 THB
- Thailand Grand Excursion - 14 days from 1350 USD
- 6 Day Thailand Classic Tour - 6 days from 665 USD
- North Thailand Cultural Tour - 5 days from 430 USD
- 12 Days Impressive Thailand Tour - 12 days from 1564 USD
- Perfect Thai Honeymoon 14 Days & 13 Nights by Exotissimo Travel - 14 days from 3215 USD
- The Old Siam and Jungle - 3 days from 8900 THB
- Motorcycle Tour of Thailand - 15 days from 565 GBP
- The Indochina Explorer - 19 days from 700 GBP
- Ultimate Thailand Wildlife Tour - 16 days from 75450 THB
- The Perfect Thai Honeymoon - 14 days from 2318 USD
- Experience Thailand - 6 days from 740 USD
- Photography School Asia - 5 days from 300 USD
- Gourmet Thailand - 11 days from 899 GBP
Email the tour operator - Bangkok and Central Thailand 6D5N
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.