Explore Sri Lanka
- Price from:
- 200 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 9 days
- Location Start:
- Airport or Negombo.
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 05/03/2009
This is the best tour for the holiday makers who come to Sri Lanka for two weeks.It covers almost every important place.
Arrival and transfer to a hotel/guest house in Negombo.
Negombo is the nearest tourist resort you can reach within 20 minutes on your arrival.
Negombo ï¿½ Negombo-Pinnawela-Sigiriya,
Start at 9.00 am from Negombo to Elephant orphanage. On the way through coconut plantaitions,Roofing tile factories and paddy fields reach the elephant orphanage to see them in the river. At 1.15pm see the feeding of baby elephants and leave the orphanage. Drive through Kurunegala (The town surrounded with 7 rocks and the 5th ancient capital of Sri Lanka) through Dambulla city proceed to the guest house in Sigiriya.
Over night stay in Sigiriya.
In the morning 8.00am start driving towards Anuradhapura and start the city tour of ancient city (3rd century B.C to 10th century A.D). Visit Sri maha bodhi ( The oldest tree in the world with a written history and it is a saplin from the original tree which the Buddha attained enlightment under it), The brazen palace, Ruwanveli seya dagoba (The biggest dagoba in Sri Lanka), Thuparama dagoba (oldest dagoba built in the 3rd century B.C,the right color borne of Buddha is deposited), Lankarama dagoba, Elephant pond, Abhayagiriya monestry complex, World famous Samadhi Buddha statue, Twin ponds, The finest stone carving and the meaning of the Moonstone, The guard stone , Jethavanarama dagoba and meuseum and Isurumuniya temple (Stone carving of the Sri Lankan Romeo & Juliet). After visiting the city stop for lunch in Anuradhapura and proceed to Mihintale.Visit Mihintale monastry complex built in the 3rd century B.C, (The place where buddhism was established for the first time in sri lanka ), Ruins of an Ancient hospital,Refectory hall,Lion pond,Cobra pond, Ambastale, and Mihindu cave and then proceed to Aukana to see the highest buddha statue in Sri Lanka, in one piece of granite 13 meters in height built in the 5th century A.D. This statue was built by King Datusena while he was building the gigantic reservoir called Kala wewa. After visiting avukana then proceed to Sigiriya.Over night stay in Sigiriya.
Polonnaruwa ï¿½ Sigiriya
Start: 8:00 am
Polonnaruwa ancient city, Parakrama Samudra, statue of King Parakramabahu, Modern museum, Royal palace, Kumara Pokuna, council chamber, Shiva temple, Thuparama, Vatadage, Hetadage, Atadage,Lankatilake,Galvihare,Thivanka image house and visit wood carving factory and rice mill,
elephant ride in the jungle, jeep safari or Ayurvedic massage in Habarana (depending on time).
Overnight stay in Sigiriya
Sigiriya ï¿½ Kandy
Start: 7:00 am
Climb Sigiriya rock fortress (5th century AD) and back for breakfast. Then to Dambulla Cave Temple (22,000 sq. feets of ceiling paintings), Nalande Gedige (Geographical Centre of Sri Lanka), spice gardens in Matale, Aluvihare Temple (where Buddhism was put into book form in the 1st century BC).
Overnight stay in Kandy
Start 9:30 am
Visit a gem museum,Botanical garden(best garden in asia), Batik factory and in the evening 5:30 pm The kandian dance show and the temple of the tooth at 7:15 pm the ceremony time.
Overnight stay in Kandy
Kandy ï¿½ Ella
Start: 8:00 am
Tea factory and plantation, Ramboda waterfalls, Nuwara Eliya city and proceed to Ella.
Overnight stay in Ella
Ella ï¿½ Tissamaharama
Start: 8:30 am
Watch the magnificent view of Ella Valley and Rawana waterfalls. Stop to see a pottery manufacturer in Wellewaya and proceed to Tissamaharama.
Start: 3.00 pm
Leave for Yala Safari by jeep.
Overnight stay in Tissamaharama
Tissamaharama ï¿½ Negombo
Start: 7.30 am
The guest can decide on which beach to stay and the driver will drop you in a nice Recommended beaches in the south:
- Inclusions -
- Room Dinner and Breakfast in clean good guest houses,Airconditioned vehicle with an english speaking driver guide,drivers accommodation and meals,Fuel and all the taxes.
- Extras -
- 1 person - 800 US$,
2 persons - 450 US$ each,
3 persons - 400 US$ each,
4 persons - 370 US$ each,
5 persons - 350 US$ each,
6 persons - 325 US$ each.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Negombo
- 7 Day Round Tour - 7 days from 490 USD
- Ayurveda treatments in Negombo - 9 days from 740 USD
- Over night stay in Yala to see Leopards - 4 days from 950 USD
- Beautiful Mountains and the Nice Beaches - 6 days from 150 USD
- Tour Sri Lanka - 12 days from 999 USD
- Round Tour Sri Lanka - 10 days from 310 USD
- Ancient Cities of Sri Lanka - 5 days from 150 USD
Email the tour operator - Explore Sri Lanka
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.