Ancient grandeur & The hills of Sri Lanka
- Price from:
- 405 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- Location Start:
- Katunayaka International Airport
- Location Finish:
- Katunayaka International Air Port
- Start time:
- 08.30 am
- End time:
- 10.30 pm
- We Speak:
- English, Sinhala
Last updated: 12/03/2007
Sri Lanka is a package of varied interests. Amazing diversity of scenery, historic cities, Elephant orphanage and hill country tea plantations, smiling & hospitable people are a delight to any visitor
Arrive at Bandaranaike International Airport Night in Negombo
Negombo a characteristic fishing town. 6 KM from International Air port. Set amid lush groves of coconut palms, It breathes the spirit of the sea. Negombo is a gourmet's paradise with seafood in plenty. Old- world fishing craft like the outrigger canoe and the catamaran.
Apart from the beaches and sea food it has a unique charm of its own with narrow streets, small boutiques and Catholic Churches dotting the landscape.
After Breakfast proceed to Kandy, En route see the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage where a large number of displaced elephants from the wild are cared for in natural surroundingsAfternoon - with its historic, picturesque lake and sanctuary of medieval culture, highland capital of Sri Lanka's last free Kingdom., visit the magnificent 16th - 19th century golden-roofed Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Load Buddha. Cultural Dance.
After breakfast visit the 37-hectare Royal Botanic Gardens at Peradeniya, one of the world's best tropical gardens reputed for its vast plant collections, especially orchids, spices, medicinal herbs and palms. Evening visit Historic sites museumn and other interesting places in Kandy. Dinner and night in Kandy.
After Brekfast proceed to Nuwara Eliya. Day in Nuwara Eliya at leisure visit tea factory.Cool, picturesque 1890 m high hill resort modeled as an English village during the British colonial rule. En route visit a tea plantation to see Sri Lanka's most famous product being grown.
After breakfast proceed to Sigiriya, climb Rock, stupendous 5th-century rock fortress citadel of a fugitive king, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Climb the rock stairway to see the many marvels of Sigiriya - a gallery of beautiful frescoes, the glossy Mirror Wall, the majestic Lion's Stairway and remains of the royal palace. One mans vision and almost 8th wonder of the world.
History tells us that King Kassapa, after killing his father, fled to this place and built an impregnable fortress to avoid retribution. The last lap of the access to the summit is through the paws of a Lion carved into the living rock : hence the name Sonya : Giriya meaning the Terrace of the Lion. The remains of buildings, Ponds and other structures cover the whole area. It was one of the loveliest royal cities that every grace the earth. The frescos are the world famous maidens of Sigiriya painted in a row of caves. These rock paintings are more than 1500 years old.
After the climb proceed to Kandy. En-route Magnificent Rock Temple : Dambulla. and Visit Spice Garden.
After breakfast Return to Air Port.
- Inclusions -
- Transport in luxury air condition vehicles
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- Prices are on twin sharing basis.Single supplement US $ 180.You can customaries the tour to suite your interest.Adding and Deducting any destination in Sri Lanka is possible.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kandy
- Kandy the Hill Capital - from 70 USD
- 3 Nights 4 Days Tour - 4 days from 375 GBP
Email the tour operator - Ancient grandeur & The hills of Sri Lanka
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.