Auybowan Tour Sri Lanka
- Price from:
- 565 USD /person
- 00 94 11 28 24 500
- 00 94 11 28 26 125
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Chinese, French, English
Last updated: 05/16/2007
Explore Sri Lanka in 07 Days
Arrival, welcome by a representative of Lanka Sportreizen and transfer to Hotel for immediate check in.
In the afternoon undertake a City Tour of Colombo including the Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple, Dutch Wolvendhal Church, a Hindu Temple , Town Hall, BMICH(Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall) , Cinnamon Gardens - Prime Residential area etc.
Overnight at Colombo
After early breakfast leave for Sigiriya.
En route visit the Elephant Orphanage to see the world's largest herd of domestic Elephants including babies who are still being fed by bottle thrice a day and other places of interest.
In the afternoon, climb the Rock Fortress of Sigiriya, a Royal Citadel for 20 years in the 5th Century AD built by King Kasyapa, with the contemporary paintings of Ajantha and Ellora Caves in India highlights being the Frescoes, Mirror Wall and the Lion's Paw.
Overnight at Sigiriya
After breakfast leave for Polonnaruwa- the Medieval Capital of Sri Lanka- 11th Century AD
Visit the many sites of archaeological and historical interest in the Sacred City of Polonnaruwa including the Grate Statue, Quadrangle, Royal Palace, Vatadage, Hatadage, Siva Devalaya, Gal Viharaya, Alahana Pirivena Complex, Kumara and Lotus Ponds, Thuparamaya, Rankoth Vehera, Pabalu Vehera, Thiwanka Image House, The Museum etc some of which depict the influence that Hinduism had on the Buddhist Civilization during that period of history.
Hop in to a Wood Carving Factory to see the skills of Sri Lankan Craftsmen
Leave for Kandy - the Hill Capital
En route visit the Dambulla Cave Temple considered to be the largest painted caves in the world with more than 22,000 sq ft of painted surfaces with many paintings, sculptures, statues of Lord Buddha, his disciples, Kings, Gods etc.
Walk in to a Spice Garden and take part in a conducted tour to get some knowledge about the growth and use of spices in the day to day life
In a Batik Making Factory, see how beautifully the village girls turn out beautiful colored cloths for different purposes with colorful designs.
Overnight stay in Kandy
After breakfast leave for a City Tour including the Upper Lake Drive - a place where one could have a bird's eye view of the city below, the Royal Botanical Gardens - one of the best of its kind in Asia with more than 5000 species of different varieties of flora which incidentally was the Headquarters of Lord Louise Mountbatten - the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces during the 2nd World War, a Gem Museum - to see how the valuable gems that you see on a shop shelf are turned out from a raw stone with the back ground history.
In the evening watch a Cultural Performance by traditional Kandyan Dancers and Drummers including devotional Fire Walking" and walk across in the star lit night to the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Buddha - by far the most important place of worship for Buddhists world over.
Overnight stay in Kandy
After breakfast leave for Nuwara Eliya - "Little England" through the Ramboda Pass surrounded by "Green Carpets"- hills covered with Tea and cascading Water Falls amidst breathtakingly beautiful landscapes
En route visit a Tea Factory and a Plantation to witness the manufacturing process of world famous Ceylon Tea" and to taste a pure unblended cup of factory fresh tea before being sent to the Tea Auctions in Colombo leading to Export.
Evening is free for walks /tour around the city - the important places being the Victoria Park, Gregory Lake, Golf Course, and Market etc.
Nature Lovers could make a visit to see the Lover's Leap Water Falls just outside the city which will involve a little bit of hiking for about 1 hour both ways.
Overnight at Nuwara Eliya
After breakfast leave for Bentota on the south west coast via Hatton
Enjoy the natural beauty on this mountainous route passing the two Water Falls - Devon and St. Claires.
Stop in close proximity to the location of David Lean's award winning film "Bridge on the River Kwai." - You might be lucky to find the "Jungle Boy" who will be willing to escort you to the site.
Overnight at Bentota
Relax on the beach
Enjoy a Boat Cruise up river which will enable you to have a glimpse of different life styles of the rural folks.
Undertake an excursion to Galle - the southern capital where you can visit the Galle Dutch Fortress - a World Heritage Site and many other places of interest.
Overnight at Bentota
Transfer to the airport for departure.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation, Breakfast, Dinner , Entrance ticket & local tranport
- Exclusions -
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Colombo
- Sri Lanka Grand Tour - 7 days from 560 USD
- The Last Kingdom - 2 days from 51 USD
- South Coast Tour - 7 days from 500 USD
- Sri Lankan Jewels - 14 days from 330 GBP
- Golden Lanka Cultural Tour - 2 days from 55 USD
- Colombo & Kandy 02 Nts tour - 3 days from 130 USD
- Romance In Paradise A 09 Nights 10 Days Grand Honeymoon Tour - 10 days from 885 USD
- Discovering Sri Lanka 09 Nights & 10 Days - 10 days from 435 USD
- Classical Sri Lanka 07 Nights & 08 Days - 8 days from 385 USD
- 12 Days Adventure Programme - 12 days from 875 USD
- King Of Sri Lankan Jungles 9 Days - 9 days from 1825 USD
- Sri Lanka Mini Cultural Tour - 5 days from 175 USD
- Explore Sri Lanka - 7 days from 199 EUR
- Hightlight Tour in Sri Lanka - 8 days from 400 USD
- 10 Days Golf Package in Sri Lanka - 10 days from 700 USD
- Sri Lanka Classic Mini Tour - 4 days from 450 USD
Email the tour operator - Auybowan Tour Sri Lanka
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.