Deosai Plains Jeep Safari
- Price from:
- 1900 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 05/14/2007
Best way to explore Pakistan is by road. All the adventure,culture and diversity can be seen at its best when you pass right throught the fabric of every culture in Pakistan. The jeep safaris designed
Arrival at Islamabad airport and transfer to Abbottabad. A small mountain town popular as summer hill resort .Overnight at hotel.
Early morning departure for Naran. Driving amidst lush green mountain slopes and pine plantations and across Batrasi plateau to reach Balakot Continue on to Naran. Arrive and transfer to hotel for overnight.
Morning drive up to the fairy tale lake of "Saiful Muluk" 3200M high which shimmers under the guardianship of "Malika Parbat" peak 5292m high. Arrive at the lake and then drive through the valley to Chilas crossing through famous 4145 M Babusar pass. Having a majestic view of the Nanga Parbat range. Driving down to Karakoram Highway at Chilas. Overnight at hotel.
After breakfast drive on KKH and then divert to east for Astore valley and drive up to beautiful Rama lake worth magnificent view of peaks camp at Rama lake.
After breakfast drive towards Chilim-Chowki at the southern edge of famous Deosai plains. Overnight in camp
Drive early morning across DEOSAI plains crossing streams and having real adventure while crossing these streams and reach Satpara lake and overnight at Satpara.
Morning depart for Khaplu a beautiful valley nestled in the lap of mountains about 103 KM east of Skardu. Excursion up to Machulo and have view of Mashabrum peak and Hushe valleys.
After breakfast drive back to Skardu the District capital of Baltistan at 2286M. Afternoon walk in bazaar and watch the Balti culture.
After breakfast we leave for the majestic valley of Hunza. Traveling on the saw teeth Baltistan road we shall emerge at Zero point of the three great mountains ranges which meet namely, Karakoram, Himalayas and Hindukush and enter the famous Karakoram Highway we head towards Karimabad, the capital of Hunza, famous for the longevity of its people and its fruit orchards. Today's drive offers excellent views of the glittering Rakaposhi. Arrive at Karimabad from where you get the beautiful and glittering view of "Rakaposhi Peak" 7788M high. After lunch at your hotel visit the 850 year old fort and the Baltit village at Karimabad. Rest of the day free explorations, overnight at your hotel
Today we shall have a chance to walk either up to Ulter glacier or walk up to Duiker plateau to observe the mesmerizing sunrise view over Central Hunza valley and back to hotel. Afternoon at your leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Morning leave for Gulmit the winter resort of rulers of Hunza and especially famous for the winter migratory bird hunt. En route to Gulmit observe the famous BUBLI peak from Ganish and ancient Calyglyphics near Ganish village and then proceed to Gulmit.
Today a short excursion to Passu village or cross River Hunza at Hussaini village on rope bridge and return to Passu from across the Hunza River and have nice view of Passu glacier and Gulkin glacier.
Drive morning from Gulmit towards Gilgit on KKH and around Mount Rakaposhi and reach Gilgit the Capital Of Northern Areas of Pakistan having a cosmopolitan small city with bustling business areas, good for local handicrafts. afternoon at your leisure. Overnight at hotel.
After breakfast, depart for Gupis driving along River Gilgit heading west from the town going through small villages of Ghizar district through the Punial valley passing fruit orchards and green plantations which offer a distinct contrast to the barren red mountains. Arrive and camp for overnight.
After breakfast drive towards Phander lake and camp at the lake side. This lake teems with trout fish. Overnight at camp.
Today drive from Lake towards Shandur(3720M) pass the famous plateau where the highest polo ground of the world is located and famous for the fighting fit players of Gilgit and Chitral players. Cross over to Mastuj at Chitral side Overnight
Leave Mastuj for Chitral the capital of Chitral District arrive at Chitral after lunch free time for exploring local Bazaar. Overnight at hotel.
After breakfast departure for the "Kelash valleys" where the ancient pagan tribes of the Kelash peoples dwell. The Kelash are reputed to be descendants of the Greek armies brought by "Alexander the Great" of Macedonia. Their way of life has changed very little since ancient times . Our first stop is Rumbur :where we explore the village and meet the Kelash people in their unique costumes of robes. After having a picnic lunch we continue on to the largest village of these valleys "Bomburet" and the camp. In the evening we visit "Brun" another Kelash village of Bomburet. Here we can witness their unique life style, their sacred halls and ancient shrines. Return to campsite for dinner and overnight.
Leave Bomburet drive across famous Lowari pass(3200M)
Stopping at Takht-I-Bhai to visit Ghandhara age Buddhist Monastery and Stupas founded in the first century AD. And abandoned in 6th or 7th century. Arrive at Peshawar . After lunch. City tour of this exotic city .
Morning visit "Peshawar Museum" ,"Mahabat Khan Mosque" (built by Mahabat Khan, the governor of Peshawar region during the reigns of "ShahJahan" and "Aurangzaib" the famous Mughal Emperor) "Balashisar Fort" built in 1834 by the Sikhs. Overnight at hotel.
Leave Peshawar for Rawalpindi the twin but ancient city near Islamabad. Overnight at hotel.
Flight-journey to destination
- Inclusions -
- Airport/road transfer in AC coach and/or four wheel drive jeep. Hotel accommodation and meals. All meals during camps. Sleeping tents, mattresses, kitchen, toilet and mess tents with tables/stools. Kitchen equipment, crockery, fuel and related camping gear. Services of English speaking guide, cook. Porterage at airport and hotels, toll taxes and parking fee etc.
- Exclusions -
- International & domestic airfare and airport tax. Excess weight. Sleeping bags and personal nature clothing/equipment. Extras at hotels like drinks, laundry, phone calls. Insurance liability and other under force majeure conditions, medical aid, and helicopter rescue coverage etc.
- Extras -
- Road conditions cannot be gauranteed in northern areas of Pakistan.
Flights to/from Northern Areas are subject to weather.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Islamabad
- Brown Bears of Deosai Plains Tour - 12 days from 720 USD
- Bar Valley Dainter Pass Naltar Bar North Pakistan Trek - 11 days from 605 USD
- Karakorum Highway Bike Tour The Sipirt Of Adventure - 18 days from 1080 USD
- The Masherbrum Panorama And Gondogoro Peak Climb - 20 days from 1300 USD
- North Nanga Parbt Jilliper Peak Climb - 16 days from 960 USD
- Golden Peak Trek or Rush Lake Trek/Rush Peak Climb 5094m - 16 days from 880 USD
- To The Foot Of Trichmir Trich Mir Bc Trek - 18 days from 1170 USD
- Shaigiri Peak And Rupal Valley Trek - 15 days from 945 USD
- Exploring Hindukush - 15 days from 1050 USD
- Biafo Hispar Trek - 23 days from 1610 USD
- The Magnificent Karakorum, Silk Road and Hunza Valley Tour - 10 days from 550 USD
- The Silk Route & Karakorum Highway - 13 days from 780 USD
- The Mountain Treasure Northern Pakistan Dream - 17 days from 935 USD
- K2 Bc Trek The Valley Of Mountain Gods - 21 days from 1593 USD
- Pilgrimage of K2 BC & High Heaven Gondogoro La Circular Trek - 21 days from 1633 USD
- Batura Glacier Trek - 15 days from 975 USD
- Naltar Ishkoman Trek - 15 days from 945 USD
- Tour of Hunza Valley - 8 days from 200 USD
- Batura Glacier Trek - 16 days from 500 USD
- Silk Route Tour Pak China - 16 days from 976 USD
- Nanga Parbat Base camp trek via Mazeno la - 15 days from 900 USD
- Swat & Kalam & Swat Valley In Paksitan - 12 days from 700 USD
- Pakistan Trekking Or Trekking In Pakistan - 20 days from 1900 USD
- Biafo Hispar trek Baltistan Hunza Trek - 20 days from 2000 USD
- Shandur Polo Festival At World Highest Polo Ground Between... - 15 days from 1200 USD
- Hunza Longivity Tour Pakistan - Baltit fort tour - 9 days from 50 PKR
- Karakorum Highway Bike Tour/Silk Road Tour to North Pakistan - 10 days from 80 USD
- Trout Fishing Tour - 14 days from 1400 USD
- The Great Eco flavour - 5 days from 330 USD
Email the tour operator - Deosai Plains Jeep Safari
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.