Discover Rotorua Afternoon Sights
- Price from:
- 109 NZD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 hours
- Location Start:
- Tourism Rotorua
- Location Finish:
- Hotel Drop-Off
- Start time:
- 01.00 pm
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Japanese, English
Last updated: 12/06/2008
Experience the scenic beauty of Rotorua's lakes. Learn about the history and culture of Rotorua and the devastation caused by the eruption of Mount Tarawera in 1886.
Experience the scenic beauty of Rotorua's lakes. Learn about the history and culture of Rotorua and the devastation caused by the eruption of Mount Tarawera in 1886. See five of Rotorua's surrounding lakes including a view to Mount Tarawera across Lake Tarawera. Enjoy a guided tour of the Buried Village, a fascinating location where the Te Wairoa Village was buried by the eruption of Mount Tarawera and has been excavated over the years to provide fascinating insights into the eruption and the New Zealand of the late 1800's. The tour finishes with a guided tour through the award winning Rotorua Museum. View fascinating exhibits showcasing Rotorua's vibrant volcanic & cultural history included in a short film of the history of Rotorua.
* Five of Rotorua's surrounding lakes
* Te Wairoa Buried Village
* Guided Tour to the Rotorua Museum
- Extras -
- Time Schedule
* 1:00pm: Depart Tourism Rotorua
* 1:50pm: Arrive Buried Village for guided tour.
* 3:00pm: Depart Buried Village
* 3:35pm: Arrive Rotorua Museum for guided tour
* 5:00pm: Depart Rotorua Museum, commence hotel drop offs.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Rotorua
- Discover Rotorua Morning Sights - from 119 NZD
- Paradise Valley Ventures Horse Trekking - from 20 NZD
- Waikite Valley Thermal Pools - from 10 NZD
- Lake Waikaremoana Guided Walk - 4 days from 990 NZD
Email the tour operator - Discover Rotorua Afternoon Sights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.